[ home / rules / faq ] [ overboard / sfw / alt ] [ leftypol / siberia / hobby / tech / edu / games / anime / music / draw / AKM ] [ meta / roulette ] [ cytube / git ] [ GET / ref / marx / booru / zine ]

/leftypol/ - Leftist Politically Incorrect

"The anons of the past have only shitposted on the Internet about the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it."
Name
Options
Subject
Comment
Flag
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

Join our Matrix Chat <=> IRC: #leftypol on Rizon
leftypol archives


File: 1668987922137.jpg (50.49 KB, 680x816, cc0.jpg)

 No.1275037[Last 50 Posts]

Hello everyone, we have discussed the possibility of restarting /roulette/ in our latest meeting, we have come up with some idea for your consideration:

/grass/ - Board for everything non internet/screen/media related, eg cooking, sports, fitness, making friends, drugs, whatever. Cause we could all use a bit less internet.

/life/ - Pretty much the same as above but about only 'lifestyle' topics like cooking etc.

/tv/ - Television board since there are multiple active TV topics on /hobby/ and the general has gone to 500.

/antianglo/ - Board where no English language is allowed

OR

/antianglo/ - Board where nobody from the anglosphere is allowed (CANZUK+US) but English is allowed

OR

/antianglo/ - Board where everyone is allowed but discussion of Anglosphere-related things is not allowed. Learn a bit about other cultures and so on.

Any other ideas also welcomed. Please let us know any feedback on these ideas or your suggestions.

As for /x/ we have decided not to create it as a board due to the lack of popularity during the original 30 day run. But maybe we can try some old board ideas again in the future.

 No.1275048

File: 1668988245752.png (203.46 KB, 686x819, cropped porn.png)

>/grass/
So, balkanizing /hobby/?
>/life/
So, balkanizing /hobby/?
>/antianglo/
Eh, it's what we have generals for. Also literal racism and a moderation nightmare.

Honestly, we should be consolidating boards instead of spreading our shrinking userbase across more wastelands. What do you seek to accomplish by this, beyond maintaining a tradition? If we were rapidly growing and boards needed to be split to prevent dominance, it would make sense. Right now, we need to be talking about whether or not to kill /edu/.

 No.1275052

>>1275037
If you restrict /antianglo/ to non-anglosphere IPs I'll just turn my VPN back on and fuck with yuropoors out of spite.

/life/ sounds good but /grass/ will be untouched by the users of this site

 No.1275053

>>1275048
It's something to do I guess. We don't have to make any of these boards permanent. As for enforcement on antianglo, well, it's like crystal cafe, boys just have to play pretend if they wanna go there. And the most obvious violators would be removed.

 No.1275055

Aren't you jannies and mods from the anglosphere anyway?
Why the self hate?

 No.1275059

>>1275055
About half of the mods are, we just think it would be funny.

 No.1275074

Listen why don't you just make all of these boards. If they are dead so what, they might not be later on. Does it really cost anything? If the board is dead, it won't need modded.

on top of that you should make /para/ the paranoid board, for research of the activities of the glowing agencies and so on

 No.1275080

>>1275055
>jannies cannot go on the anti anglo board
>therefore they cannot moderate it
>unbenknownst them, they create a paradise where they cannot go.
>culturally appropriate an african IP address
>freedom from jannie tyranny achieved

 No.1275086

>>1275053
>It's something to do I guess.
Volunteer time is valuable. We know first hand it's a limited resource, one already over-exhausted by certain moderators going beyond the rules that they didn't read to try and create their own pristine utopias instead of doing something constructive to the site. But that's a critique for another board.

The point is you don't need to do potentially destructive things just to do something. I appreciate that /roulette/ feels abandonded but the solution isn't to do the same thing again and divide up this site further. The conditions aren't right.

Want to help the site with your spare time? Organize the streaming and gaming events that never happened for the past two years. Keep promoting those /read/ing clubs. Network with other socialist/anarchist sites for those events. Hold an OC competition. Create a grass touching project. Discuss why over-moderation is killing this place and many innocent users and actually solve it instead of a token 'ok that was bad well business as usual again', again. And like I said, seriously consider killing boards that should really be merged. Any political threads on /edu/ should be in /leftypol/. Many of the hobby boards are also redundant but /edu/ is a priority.

>>1275080
>no mods allowed
>no tripfags allowed
It would be amazing but I won't be allowed either :(

 No.1275087

>>1275083
this image was made by a frenchman

 No.1275090

>>1275086
You are right that we need to make more of an effort about community events (though we would also like users to help with this too) but I don't really see how a novelty board is 'potentially destructive'.

 No.1275096

>>1275090
Two boards with half the speed is worse than one board with twice the speed.
And that will remain the case unless /leftypol/ starts hitting 4chan levels of activity again in 2024.

>>1275094

aww don't spoil the ending

 No.1275099

>>1275037
>/grass/
There's already threads on everything mentioned on /hobby/.
Unless after moving those threads, we make a /dork/ board where we combine the rest of the non-moved /hobby/ boards with /anime/ and /games/, I don't see it as a good idea.

>/life/

See above

>/antianglo/ or /antianglo/

Cool idea. I think we should go further than Anglosphere and ban the 5-eyes, or all first world countries. Granted maybe English should be allowed with that many countries banned

 No.1275101

File: 1668990047200.png (331.4 KB, 390x570, 1522967213790.png)

All these ideas are bad.

 No.1275102

>>1275086
Also what this guy says is right but I'm either like, make any board that anybody wants (within reason) or, just have 3 boards, /b/ /leftypol/ and /Edu/ make b for pure shitposting, leftypol for threads that are at least a serious OP looking for a serious response, on any subject, music, politics, whatever, but generally still fast and loose, and then EDU which is EDU but the mods make a better effort to get us doing group research and stuff (cos we aren't allowed to ourselves)

 No.1275107

>>1275100
There are years when decades happen but no, I'm being hyper-optimistic. Absolute copeiod abuse. Send medical help to my house.

 No.1275109

>>1275094
Nobody said it would be unmoderated tho.

>>1275101
Come up with a better one then.

 No.1275112

>>1275109
>Come up with a better one then.
I suggested /long/ a year ago

 No.1275113

File: 1668990513386-0.gif (1.16 MB, 498x280, stalin.gif)

File: 1668990513386-1.jpg (385.25 KB, 960x1300, 1535872605455.jpg)

MAKE A BOARD FOR SHARING IMAGES OF BASED COMRADE STALIN!!!

 No.1275115

>>1275112
Ok, so a board where every post has to be long?

 No.1275116

>>1275102
Eh, I do like having a 4th hobby board for non-shitpost discussions on other things.
But seriously, let GETchan have the whole /leftytrash/ thing. I don't know why horse mod wanted to make a duplicate here.

 No.1275117

/career/

turn the thread into its own board for a while.

 No.1275120

>>1275117
/con/ - Applied Economics

 No.1275129

>>1275113
Where do you think you are?
click /leftypol/ button and then use the New Thread feature.

 No.1275135

"board where you can only post images, not text." is he first of my ideas that i remember, and so probably the best.

 No.1275143

File: 1668991443126.png (3.25 MB, 1280x1711, santa.png)

If its a monthy board for December make it about Christmas or something.

 No.1275146

>>1275143
Holidays*

 No.1275150

>>1275146
But Marx doesn't look like anybody relating to Kwanzaa or whatever.

 No.1275152

>>1275146
winter/summer harvest board

 No.1275156

File: 1668991808700.jpg (48.46 KB, 1280x720, kwanzaa-bot-futurama-1.jpg)

>>1275150
yeah but he had a book, like Kwanzaabot

 No.1275236

We don't need more boards, we need less

 No.1275245

>>1275037
>As for /x/ we have decided not to create it as a board due to the lack of popularity during the original 30 day run.
What was even the point of a /x/ board? Don't you guys think adding a board that encourages superstition, idealism and religion is not a good idea on leftypol?

 No.1275264

File: 1668994528366.png (344.64 KB, 482x1643, 148967599296.png)

>Board where no English language is allowed
>Board where nobody from the anglosphere is allowed (CANZUK+US) but English is allowed
>Board where everyone is allowed but discussion of Anglosphere-related things is not allowed. Learn a bit about other cultures and so on.
Why not just make an /int/ style board with flags

 No.1275325

Just make a /generals / board and send all the Ukraine, hilo latino, UK, US, etc threads. Just like when they split /v/ on 4chan

 No.1275334

>>1275325
can't speak to other generals but if you put /leftybritpol/ on a generals board it would be even more dead than it already is.

 No.1275349

>>1275236
Get rid of every board except /siberia/

 No.1275350

>>1275115
no pictures and only long posts
>>1275117
>>1275143
seconding these two
>>1275264
Because that won't allow them to self flagellate.

 No.1275356

>>1275245
>Don't you guys think adding a board that encourages superstition, idealism and religion is not a good idea on leftypol?
I perfectly agree but I mean, stuff like aliens, UFO, weird conspiracy theories, fringe science, and all that kind of stuff doesn't necessarily have to disagree with materialism. Plenty of other things that fall within something that would be of a leftist interests, like the Soviet New Man, weird shit the CIA did when they weren't helping right wingers burn down indigenous villages, like their research into remote viewing(which the KGB also did), creating aids, etc. There's also plenty of other weird shit like turning Che and Stalin into literal saints, pre-Marxist Christian communism, plenty of religious people here.
That said, I still believe it has potential but the board had its run. There's a reason /x/ stuff is more appealing to religious right wing schizos with cognitive dissonance I guess

 No.1275367

>>1275356
i don't think 30 days is long enough or it was advertised enough. I love that shit and never saw or posted on it. I know plenty of people here look into that stuff as well had these sorts of conversations a lot

 No.1275369

>>1275367
it wasn't really 30 days, it's technically still up right now.

 No.1275397

File: 1669002348866.jpg (82.29 KB, 828x789, FFI3xvKWYAQHJ8B.jpg)

>>1275048
We can talk about cannibalizing slow boards like /music/ and /draw/ next month

>>1275055
Maybe we aren't? Maybe some of us have a hate boner for the anglosphere since all the previous seditious mods were from the anglosphere?

同志, 世界是很大。不要认为大家是像你一样,一个井底之蛙的红毛。

>>1275086
>ant to help the site with your spare time? Organize the streaming and gaming events that never happened for the past two years. Keep promoting those /read/ing clubs. Network with other socialist/anarchist sites for those events. Hold an OC competition. Create a grass touching project. Discuss why over-moderation is killing this place and many innocent users and actually solve it instead of a token 'ok that was bad well business as usual again', again. And like I said, seriously consider killing boards that should really be merged. Any political threads on /edu/ should be in /leftypol/. Many of the hobby boards are also redundant but /edu/ is a priority.

Bitch why don't YOU do it then if it is so fucking important? Put up or shut up.

>>1275264
Then it will be just like all the national/regional generals we already have. We thought it would be fun to speak another language other than English about things not in the Anglosphere. Moderating should be okay with google translate.

>>1275112
>>1275350
We can put it up for the next iteration.

 No.1275408

>>1275086
Extremely based post. Nobody has a good response to this that isn't either agreement or cope.
The management of this site is embarrasing.

 No.1275412

File: 1669004352279.png (3.69 KB, 200x200, saddened.png)

>>1275397
While people like you are so resistant to attempts to improve the site, none of those projects are worth our effort. I gave honest, constructive feedback to another staff member and you act like this.

That's why I stopped taking up the mantle of organizing projects. I only have so much time to spend and I'm disillusioned with this site's prospects. Because I'm increasingly realizing the top-down attitudes are complacent and lack any self-awareness necessary to realizing that this place is rotting. No matter how much we as users try to make this place better, it's limited by some of the staff, and only the staff can truly fix that problem.

 No.1275415

failed experiment. no one really used the last ones and it wasn't because the topics were lame.

 No.1275420

>>1275412
>>1275412
Wow an analysis that lets you sit on your ass. How convenient!

Nobody is stopping you from doing any of those things you said you want us to do. If anything I think the users should be doing those things, not us, in order to encourage spontaneity. You claim that we have a top down approach yet insist that we have to do all of these things! How ridiculous!

You just want to criticize us without doing anything productive yourself. And anytime we try to ask the userbase input on any topics, people like you constantly bring this up and clog up discussion on the actual issue. This is peak wrecker behaviour that I have seen in glowie instruction manual and in real life like Comatoast.

t. The same mod that ask you to put up or shut up.

 No.1275421

my vote is for /leftyfur/

 No.1275427

>>1275421
honestly would support this in some form.
though i'm in two minds as to whether /leftyfur/ or just /fur/ would be better, since if the site was going to do it the real aim ought to be to bring in more users by meeting a relatively undersupplied niche - like 8ch's old /fur/ or /furry/ or whatever the good one that had more than just porn dumps was. that'd suggest /fur/, if you're going for imageboard using furries, but equally perhaps /leftyfur/ could be used to attract people who're left wing and furry, but perhaps not yet big imageboard users.

either only really works if someone's willing to do some shilling, though.

 No.1275429

>>1275427
Sounds great. We already have GETchan pedos lurking about, why not add some furfags to even it out. Maybe make a /loli/ board too, you know, to serve repressed communities.

 No.1275431

>>1275429
Stalin/Sun Yat-sen/Ghandi moment.

 No.1275434

reformulating an old question of mine slightly ( >>>/meta/11372 ) :
is the aim of [this month's] /roulette/ to be
(a) a place where leftypol users can discuss in a new way (long posts, image only posts, no english, etc.)
(b) a place where leftypol users discuss a new topic (the practical state of most hobby boards)
(c) a place where good discussion of X can be had in general, attracting new users to the site? (as one reading of a /fur/ proposal would go)

each of these implies a slightly different approach. (b) is logistically the easiest, but current experience would suggest it doesn't generate much activity. (a) generally requires either programming effort or moderation effort. (c) requires having someone who'll share links off-site if it's going to have any chance of succeeding.

 No.1275442

I was thinking about this today.. What about a board with clear rules where posts don't get randomly jannied or posters banned you for arbitrary stuff like 'glow, pol, spam' or any other buzzword?

 No.1275449

>>1275442
Is it really that hard for you to not cry about LGBT all the time?

 No.1275455

>>1275420
Comatoast and Caballo forced into a room together was better for this site than whoever this clown is. "This is peak wrecker behaviour that I have seen in glowie instruction manual", seriously, how can you think this is a healthy attitude to me saying "here is a list of better uses of your time than /roulette/ themes".

>And anytime we try to ask the userbase input on any topics, people like you constantly bring this up and clog up discussion on the actual issue.

Because it is fundamentally linked to the issue. There's a reason that you're just asking us about what should /roulette/ be instead of bigger issues. The staff ask for a /roulette/ topic and my answer is please stop wasting your time with cosmetic gimmicks and notice the underlying issues. The ship is rotting, I don't care what colour you paint the chairs. Please fucking please look at the parts that we've been shouting about every time you ask for our opinions on anything because /roulette/ is one of the deadest boards on the whole site and it has no chance of fixing anything. That's a relevant answer.

The top-down approach is inherent in the structure of this site.
Only admins can consolidate boards or alter the staff.
Only staff opinions will really be counted for those.
Any attempt at creating mass politics necessarily involves /leftypol/, where it will be treated as disruptive drama and put in echo chamber /meta/ to die or straight-up deleted.
Important decisions will not come from the bottom-up.

Sure, we can (and do) organize cosmetic things like special events and the reading club and shill but what's the point when the biggest fundamental issues with the site persist and the staff are just unwilling to fix it, as space_ was? At that point, we might as well just stop prolonging this place's death with small spikes of attention and take those events to somewhere that will benefit from them.

 No.1275459

>>1275455
Look man, I want to take all user complaints seriously but you need to make specific, actionable complaints about what we should actually do. How exactly could we ever stop the site being 'top-down' when that's just how websites work? Someone has to pay the bills and be in ultimate control. Someone has to be legally responsible and so on. What do you actually think we should do differently in concrete terms?

 No.1275463

>>1275459
>What do you actually think we should do differently in concrete terms?
Make it so mods and jannies can't post without using their respective tags would be a good start.

 No.1275467

>>1275463
Would you really want that? Every topic I go in my random opinions gets a big 'pay attention to me' flag and has people crying about it?

I'm not sure that would be good for the site.

 No.1275470

>>1275467
I think it would be a good way to let the community be aware of their excellent moderation team, allowing us to thank you for your high quality opinions and even-handed, unbiased removal of posts that you personally disagree with. I think it would be a real morale booster for the entire site.

 No.1275474

>>1275470
Yeah okay, great. You are really convincing me that I should sit here listening to your concerns with this shit. Is it any wonder we don't do topics like this that much?

 No.1275479

>>1275474
Aw cmon, you should wear your mod tag like a badge of honor, like a bell on a cow.

 No.1275499

>>1275463
No, I don't agree with that (outside of /meta/)

>>1275459
The top-down comment was less of a critique and more a statement of situation, like you said there are technological limits like the admins. But there are also other limits like the lack of room for people to complain, as well as people who complain being lumped into this 'other' group. And yeah, it's tough. There are a couple of mentally-ill people like that nazbol mexican and that samefag spammer idiot in /meta/ who generate that animosity and lead mods to suspect everyone who criticizes them is a leftychan baby. Or, when people with idenities do it, it becomes 'oh sage is just a wrecker' because every time he raises a complain it's shipped to /meta/ to die.
What I mean to say is, it's not as simple as an action that can be taken, a lot of it is attitude, and a lot of it is perspective. Realizing that this place is called /leftypol/ for a real reason, that's why it grew, that's why it appealed to new users, that's why it encourages conflict, that's why overactive moderation kills its creative energy, that's why the rules are specifically lenient towards people who take controversial stances instead of banning anything considered reactionary.

The closest I could give to some effective concrete action is "Here's a very short list of mods who are consistently ruining the site, as evidenced by literally years of /meta/ complaints against them and approximately none against other mods, get them to ease up and obey the site rules or kick them out" ? Yeah… I don't think that's going to be taken seriously. It's not as if I'm the first to single out the ones banning people for made-up flimsy reasons.
A second would be to force ban reasons to specifically cite the broken rule and to reject reports that aren't obviously citing one. No vague nonsense like "/pol/" and "low-quality posting" and "reddit spacing and fuck redbrown alliance". Hell, even have the rules listed on the ban form so you can copypaste them. Super easy.

 No.1275500

File: 1669010656695.gif (300.98 KB, 498x482, laughing-laugh.gif)

>>1275470
>excellent moderation team, allowing us to thank you for your high quality opinions and even-handed, unbiased removal of posts

 No.1275502

I prefer the third anglo option. I would like to learn more about non anglosphere stuff in a language I can understand.

 No.1275503

>>1275499
>like the lack of room for people to complain
*
Yes, I know /meta/ exists, but you have to admit it's insular and not going to get feedback representative of the board.
And that's kind of why I have issue with more boards: they just put threads in places less people will be looking at them.

 No.1275508

>>1275455
> how can you think this is a healthy attitude to me saying "here is a list of better uses of your time than /roulette/ themes".
The healthy attitude was to ask you to do the things you want us to do. But since you conveniently give us excuses on why you don’t want to do things you want us to do us to do so why do we have to listen to you about anything?

>There's a reason that you're just asking us about what should /roulette/ be instead of bigger issues.

We have and we did. It is just bogged with you morons harping on the same point over and over again

> Any attempt at creating mass politics necessarily involves /leftypol/, where it will be treated as disruptive drama and put in echo chamber /meta/ to die or straight-up deleted.

Oh fuck off. Did we delete anything when some anon created a soccer team? Did we deleted anything when someone created a magazine for this website? Did we stop the cytube parties? No we didn’t. I know this for a fact because I was the boosting most of these initiatives as a user myself.

Could we change mod policies, personnel and actions? Sure and you are right to criticise on that. But come the fuck off,
“Organize the streaming and gaming events that never happened for the past two years. Keep promoting those /read/ing clubs. Network with other socialist/anarchist sites for those events. Hold an OC competition. Create a grass touching project” doesn’t fucking require a mod to do it and I am tired of pretending otherwise.

> Sure, we can (and do) organize cosmetic things like special events and the reading club and shill but what's the point when the biggest fundamental issues with the site persist and the staff are just unwilling to fix it, as space_ was?

The fact that people like you can’t even do any of the former makes me disregard whatever you say of the latter. You want the world to change around you without putting an effort yourself.

I swear, Caballo is too sensitive to wreckers like you. I will delete most of the posts you made when I come home from work.

t. The same mod

 No.1275517

>>1275503
If this thread is representative of feedback we get if we merge meta to leftypol, I rather scrap meta, never ask leftypol if anything and just listen to the users on matrix.

We can’t even stick to the topic at hand. Meta is for users who actually wants to speak to mods, not be heard by the wider userbase like attention whores like you.

 No.1275532

>>1275037
Make a career advice thread pls

 No.1275595

>antianglo
I can get the idea of having a board for comrades in the global south to avoid decadent western radlibs telling them how to (or more likely how not to) do revolution, but wouldn't you need to exclude a lot more than just the anglosphere for that?

 No.1275615

meh

 No.1275626

we already have too many boards that people barely use

 No.1275643

>anti/anglo/
What about, instead of that, we make language centric boards. One for spanish, one for french, another for german…

 No.1275647

>>1275420
>Nobody is stopping you from doing any of those things you said you want us to do.
actually, on many occaisons jannoids have stopped users doing things

>You just want to criticize us without doing anything productive yourself.

and you just don't want to be criticised. Things are as they always have been it seems.

Mods want full control, full responsibility, but they don't want to have to take responsibility for the boards problems, which are always either non existent or somebody elses fault.

 No.1275650

>>1275508
> doesn’t fucking require a mod to do it and I am tired of pretending otherwise
it requies the mods to allow the anons to create somewhere they can communicate to do all of these things, but that is explicitly not allowed.

 No.1275651

I feel like this website does not have the userbase necessary to maintain its current boards, not to mention new ones. There should be a general consolidation of "lifestyle" boards (hobby, tech, games, anime, music, draw, AKM) which can then be self-sustained through threads and generals with differing subjects. This has the advantage of encouraging "cross-pollination" instead of the current ghetto emphasis, which makes for better discussions (people who go on anime, for example, either are really into it or go there to troll, with no inbetween; it being on a board with other subjects may bring people to the discussion who otherwise wouldn't bother).

The only boards this site really needs are a main discussion board, i.e. /leftypol/, (/edu/ is debatable, but if quality of posts can be enforced on leftypol then it should be done away with; otherwise it's a good repository and should be kept alive, though there could be a "serious" overboard with just /leftypol/ and /edu/ in order to bring attention to it), /siberia/ as a containment board for terrible shitposts, a general interests (i.e. /hobby/ board), a /meta/ board for obvious reasions and /dead/ because it's funny. Any more than that is counterproductive. Those ideas suggested in the op can be fulfilled by their respective threads (maybe there could be a larger post cap on the other stuff board or something like that, in order to mitigate problems between different thread moving speeds, much like /vg/ ended up doing on 4chan). This is by no means a perfect solution, but I feel like we should be consolidating the userbase and encouraging people to interact with stuff they otherwise wouldn't bother, instead of balkanizing the website even further.

I believe the point of this website is to be a discussion board; not a leftist ghetto to hide away. It makes little sense, therefore, to make a bunch of lifestyle boards which are mostly dead anyway. Threads with discussion will be kept alive in the general hobbies board, and those without will die, as is to be expected. Maybe a larger page cap could also be a good idea (if at all possible).

 No.1275704

>>1275470
actually laughed

 No.1275713

>>1275459
>What do you actually think we should do differently in concrete terms?
Why not follow your own rules you wrote for starts.

 No.1275723

Merge anime, music, draw, AKM, games with hobby; merge tech with edu. Reroute all political OPs to leftypol (but don't reroute threads if the conversation naturally starts), reroute all shitposts to siberia. Make recycled threads for topic coming up consistently, or encourage generals which build their own starting points (think of 4chan generals). Have a dedicated general for debunking and a dedicated general for arguing.

Now, roulette shouldn't be its own board but a pinned general in either edu, hobby or leftypol. The traffic is insufficient.

And fucking start enforcing rules agreed upon and don't wipe threads/ban people on a whim.

 No.1275728

File: 1669043261563.png (89.21 KB, 1200x600, 1635978041332.png)

>>1275647
>>1275650
You mean your stupid posters' union? You basically created an echo chamber for yourself.



>>1275723
>>1275626
>>1275651
The role of roulette isn't to create a board every other month, but to start the ball rolling on specific topics that people might be interested. It doesn't all have to be bangers just like you don't win in roulette everytime.

If you people feel that dead boards are somehow killing the website, then we will discuss whether to cannibalize the slow boards like music, draw, anime and push it into hobby. But Roulette is not an incubation board, but a flavour of the month one.

 No.1275735

>>1275713
What are some rules you don't think we follow?

Let me guess, it is about us not being harsher on people you think are simping for Ukraine is it?

 No.1275736

>>1275728
Literally any way for posters to communicate which is not explicitly mod sanctioned is not allowed

 No.1275737

>>1275736
People talk to each other on cytube and we don't care. The problem is you and your stupid idea.

 No.1275738

>>1275728
>But Roulette is not an incubation board, but a flavour of the month one.
Okay, but, wouldn't a pinned and recycled thread in one of the designated boards be better? If people feel like the thing they're chatting about is worth of a thread, they can make it, and it might stick in the board culture, instead of it being severed in a different board and forgotten after a while.

>>1275735
NTA, and I asked this in the /meta/ site moderation thread, but on what grounds has wvobbly deleted almost 4/5s of a thread? (>>1275014). No rule breaking was cited except some anons banned for idpol which I also think is on seriously, seriously, weak grounds.

 No.1275742

>>1275728
And the posters union room had more people in it than your official chat, even with you all deleting it, threads about it and harassing me none stop while I tried to get it going, so shut the fuck up. Oh something didn’t happen that you actively and constantly attacked using your privileged position. Oh golly who could have thunk.

You are a brain degenerate retard and you talk endless shit. I was trying to be nice this thread but you people literally cannot help yourselves. This is why I stopped talking about anything, you are incapable of reason, incapable of receiving criticism, and as such the board is stagnated.

You, you mods, nobody else but you mods, bitched and whined and drama’d and split and sub split and banned and purged and compartmentalised and what we have in front of us is the result, which is, your fault and nobody else’s. You have the power, you explicitly state that is how it should be, therefore it is your fault, things are objectively how you want them.

You made your piss filled bed. Sleep in it.

 No.1275744

>>1275737
In rooms sanctioned by you guys. If any other was to be advertised on the board you would delete it and have previously done so.

 No.1275752

Inb4 some comment like
>it’s good you talking about things heh
Yes, and most people have, and the board is dying. Well done. Good job. You are the supreme emporer of a slowly decaying pile of shit. Great job.

 No.1275754

>>1275738
>>1275738
>Okay, but, wouldn't a pinned and recycled thread in one of the designated boards be better?
No, then the board format must be there to allow parrallel discussion of the same theme.

Imagine if we did the anti-anglo theme in one thread and there is like 5 different languages talking past each other in one thread. Or cooking and different styles or cuisines etc etc. The theme is big and flexible enough to need for a board for topic diversity. IIRC games, tech and anime started like this.

>>1275738
>but on what grounds has wvobbly deleted almost 4/5s of a thread?
Which thread? The one about trans people?


>>1275742
>>1275744
Yea coz it was a stupid idea. And it is rich that you are accusing us of splitting when you started the ball rolling on the precious one.

>If any other was to be advertised on the board you would delete it and have previously done so.

Big if true.

 No.1275757

>>1275754
>No, then the board format must be there to allow parrallel discussion of the same theme.
I concede then.

>Which thread? The one about trans people?

Yeah, I linked it incorrectly
>>>1275014

 No.1275760

>>1275757
ah shit I fucked up again, w/e here's the link
https://leftypol.org/leftypol/res/1275014.html

 No.1275765

>>1275754
>Yea coz it was a stupid idea.
according to, you mods, but more posters liked it than your official chat.
>you started the split
HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAH. See, this is what I mean, you are fundamentally incapable of reason, i forgot to add, truth, or, reality in any way. Literally nobody believes it was my fault besides you people. You had a bitch fight with comatoast for months and then you all started acting out and doing many and various things.

Literally, how would I have started it? I had ZERO and I mean ZERO powers or access to literally anything to do with the board, but somehow, Putin like, Svengali like, my mere posts, half of which get deleted, caused the split.

You have deep, deep problems with accountability.

>Big if true.

okay, so I'm gonna make a room for posters to discuss the board, that K with you?

 No.1275769

and I can freely post the room on the board, so that all the posters have a chance to see it and join if they wish, because obviously, to be representative, all users have to have the chance to get involved, and you won't attempt to delete it, spam my inbox with messages, make me jump through endless hoops, spend hours in chat, trying to tend your insane whims, only for you to delete it anyway? You won't subvert it, making sockpuppets to wreck it, as pretty much all of you have admitted to doing?

That is all cool with you broski?

>inb4

>none of this happened
the argument has been had, the screenshots proving you're all fucking liars have been posted multiple times.

Shut up, and admit it is your fault the board is the way it is. You have the power, therefore there is no other way this is not so.

Oh yes and also you created Haz proving without a doubt you are deeply incompetent.

>we didn't

you did, fuck off.

 No.1275773

>>1275771
you aren't allowed to agree with me, or even semi agree with me by laughing at my post

I swear mods are very good at listening to criticism and users, you can already do whatever you want, why are you complaining? We value your opinion, we are always letting the posters do things that they want to do, we never get in the way, just, you can't say LMAO because.. um…

 No.1275776

lol they deleted him again

 No.1275778

File: 1669044776234.png (45.21 KB, 1447x233, ClipboardImage.png)

>>1275776
Pic related

 No.1275780

>>1275757
>>1275760
Yea the trans thread we banned and sank is coz this is a non-idpol website and it is clear there is just one poster pushing a specific line ("I am not anti-trans but don't you think…) within the thread. Hence he banned and deleted one IP and most of the post disappear. Personally I would have banned and deleted the entire thread so I think Wobbly showed restraint.

>>1275765
>>1275769
>but more posters liked it than your official chat.
Big if true.

>Literally, how would I have started it?

I didn't said that you started it, but you kept the ball rolling by convincing Comatoast and Zul of your stupid plan. Your entry into the mod chat, whether you wanted to or not, was the Rubicon moment for the mod team.

Again I am not saying your role in it is equal to ours, but you of all people do not have clean hands over what happened.

>That is all cool with you broski?

No, not because we are opposed to anyone creating a room without our permission. But because we don't trust you with anything or to do anything.

 No.1275793

>>1275780
>it is clear there is just one poster pushing a specific line
Seriously? It is "clear"? Is it really?

So does this mean that any and all identities people adhere to are off limits, because discussing them is idpol? Is it not okay to ask how trans people and their beliefs stand in comparison to capitalism? Why is this the hill you want to die on?

The anons in the thread discussed. Most of them pro-trans giving good arguments against the anon in question. Even the one you accuse of being anti-trans (no proof btw, just 'it's clear') wasn't transphobic and was asking a valid question. The thread was fine, you're just afraid of touching upon a touchy subject, just like that opening meme said. Fucking hell.

 No.1275800

>>1275780
>Big if true.
There were more posters in the union room (high sixties) than in the bunkerchan congress or whatever you called it (low sixties) within 4 days of me started the room, this despite you deleting the threads, constantly attacking me, harrassing me, etc. This has all been proven on multiple occasions.

All you have to say for yourself is

>le ebin big if true

while you actively delete posts from posters agreeing with me in this very thread. If you are so assured you are telling the truth why do you do this?

>but you kept the ball rolling by convincing Comatoast and Zul of your stupid plan.

all i did, was speak to ALL OF THE MODS, half of which are still mods, with a plan for the posters union, which by the way, before I went to sleep, woke up and you had all had a colllective bitch fit, just under half the mods, with people from each side, agreeing.

Me and another poster were added to the mod chat without having been spoken to previously, we had no part in negotiations, no part in nothing, besides dming mods from both sides.

Again, this has all been previously discussed, your fan fiction and lies mean NOTHING and everyone can see you lying. I am not the one sitting here deleting posts which disagree with me on this issue. Why is that?

>Again I am not saying your role in it is equal to ours, but you of all people do not have clean hands over what happened.

HAHAHAHA. So you, with the dirtyest of all the hands, will be the one to accuse and dole out blame? Shut your dumb fucking mouth.

>No, not because we are opposed to anyone creating a room without our permission.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

>you're allowed to do what you want

>so can i do this
>no and this is not contradictory
literal retards

> But because we don't trust you with anything or to do anything.

i am infinitely more trust worthy than you.

you have 1) Split multiple boards 2) created Haz I have 1) tried to make a room for posters to talk. 2) contributed many and various effort posts, and the longest running research thread on the board.

That is literally it, and your mistrust comes precisely from the fact I believe you should have less power and thats its.

 No.1275817

>>1275793
Yes? Most IPs, even yours, that are new often has one specific line to push and they often do so for every thread they can find comfortable in pushing. The most obvious one is ThingNoticers.

>So does this mean that any and all identities people adhere to are off limits, because discussing them is idpol? Is it not okay to ask how trans people and their beliefs stand in comparison to capitalism? Why is this the hill you want to die on?

Yes. Idpol is a waste of time and a poison that plauges leftist discussion and praxis. Idk what to tell since leftypol is literally created wtih a rejection of idpol. We even go a step further to discourage if not ban any discussion of idpol itself, least we fall back into the same worthless discussions.

>The thread was fine, you're just afraid of touching upon a touchy subject, just like that opening meme said.

Believe what you want, I don't want to go through a time where the containment threads failed if when we were back at 8ch.

>>1275800
>There were more posters in the union room (high sixties) than in the bunkerchan congress or whatever you called it (low sixties)
It is 110 now btw.

>while you actively delete posts from posters agreeing with me in this very thread.

It is a sockpuppet. Fresh IP.

>Me and another poster were added to the mod chat without having been spoken to previously, we had no part in negotiations, no part in nothing, besides dming mods from both sides.

Sure, if you say so. But the fact that you didn't leave when asked didn't help the situation.

>literal retards

Learn to read idiot. Anyone can do X but not everyone can.

>That is literally it, and your mistrust comes precisely from the fact I believe you should have less power and thats its.

Sure, that is the only thing you ever talk about. You are a broken record that everyone tires of listening to.

 No.1275823

>>1275780
>this is a non-idpol website
For the thousandth time, you dishonest asshole, you re-categorized the "criticism of idpol" as idpol. In your eyes if someone says "gee, I don't think the trans movement has anything to do with communism" is the same as someone posting about wanting to kill trans ppl. You literally split from the ideological origins of leftypol but did it covertly out of cowardice instead of being open about introducing an SJW turn, and you justify this to yourself by creating an opinion bubble of sycophants (protip: mostly tripfags, namefags, flagfags) on your matrix chat who suck your dicks for providing them a "safe environment," while you actively fuck with the majority of posters.

It's the dishonesty that bothers us the most. Stop lying about this being an anti-idpol site. Just be honest and say this is a pro-idpol site and criticism of idpol is not allowed, and even communist critiques are considered to be reactionary. But you don't dare do it, because you know that being open about it would turn the userbase against you.

>there is just one poster pushing a specific line

there were like 4 posters asking critical questions, all banned/deleted. Are you actually going to claim that one poster wrote 150 posts out of 175?
>>1275400

 No.1275832

>>1275817
>It is 110 now btw.
oh wow after 2 years, amazing progress. What is the last thing the posters achieved through this amazing place?

inb4
>he better than yours
in 4 days i achieved better numbers than you had, and that is with you deleting it etc, which is funny you used to deny doing that but now you know I have the proof.
>It is a sockpuppet. Fresh IP.
a sock puppet from whom? Every mod posting without their armband is effectively a sockpuppet.

>But the fact that you didn't leave when asked didn't help the situation.

I did leave. Now I see you've walked back the rest of your fairytale.
>Anyone can do X but not everyone can.
anyone can do anything just not stuff you don't like right. So, nobody can do anything because are infinitely small minded and stupid people who see everything as a thread to your own fiefdom

>You are a broken record that everyone tires of listening to.

yes it must be so very tiring having your bullshit shown to you

 No.1275835

>>1275823
LGBT rights are non-negotiable, if that offends you then you need to find a different site I'm sorry. Sure you can criticise corporate pride shit but 99% of so-called 'communist critiques' of LGBT people that I've seen on this board are just closet reactionism.

 No.1275837

File: 1669046543177.jpg (122.92 KB, 1280x691, contrarian.jpg)

>>1275823
>when nobody said or did those things.

Idpol and criticism of idpol is banned. Sorry not sorry.

>>1275827

>What is the last thing the posters achieved through this amazing place?
New Multitude. Soccer team. Cytube happenings.

>a sock puppet from whom?

Who knows or cares.

>anyone can do anything just not stuff you don't like right. So, nobody can do anything because are infinitely small minded and stupid people who see everything as a thread to your own fiefdom


Did you fail logic class? I said that we are okay with people creating cytubes beyond our control and that we are not okay with you doing anything. These two statements are not mutually exclusive.

>yes it must be so very tiring having your bullshit shown to you

Must be tiring to be a professional crybaby.

 No.1275838

>>1275835
>LGBT rights are non-negotiable
Where is this reflected in the rules? Oh, wait, nowhere.

>>1275837
>criticism of idpol is banned
Add this to the rules. I dare you, coward.

 No.1275840

>>1275838
We already did?

>g) are likely to create pointless and unconstructive arguments about ‘idpol’ (as defined in Article 1).

> e.g. “Why can’t I have women as sex slaves?” or “Why are whiteoids like this?”

 No.1275841

also by the way, I notice you couldn't show one single reason I couldn't be trusted, beyond, I disagree with you on how the board should be ran.

Incapable of that, or anything really, fundamentally an incapable person

 No.1275842

>>1275760
this thread was bad, actually.

>>1275800
>>1275817
does matrix spit out pph numbers or any other kind of data that could be cross-referenced with site activity?
maybe it's just prejudice against a service i don't use, but i'd be open to the idea there's some cannibalization going on. whether that can be resolved and how, I've no idea, but it'd be interesting to know.

>>1275823
you're either being disingenuous or willfully naive if you don't think this is one of those matters where the OP could be "is the trans flag colourscheme good for you?" for all it matters, and the replies will devolve into /v/ using idiots trying to sneak back in their call-and-response tedium. the primary point of a discussion like this is to throw up gang signs, not to advance understanding of the topic.
it's a topic that's only really interesting in a meta sense - i.e. "why do people get so invested in this topic?" - but compare how many "debate transgenderism" threads are posted to how many "what are the material reasons for mumsnet being Like That?" threads are posted…

(p.s. my preferred demonym is "tripflag")

 No.1275844

>>1275837
>New Multitude. Soccer team. Cytube happenings.
lmao, new multitude has been around for longer than the current mod admin. Cytube has been around since the inception of the board basically.

So absolutely nothing new then, and in fact cytube is usually a shadow of its former self.
>who knows or cares
you should if its enough to delete the posts.

>cytube or nothing

right, so how then are posters supposed to organise things like you want?

>Must be tiring to be a professional crybaby.

he says, reaching for the delete post button

 No.1275848

you people are really out of ideas huh

 No.1275850

>>1275037
>/antianglo/ - Board where nobody from the anglosphere is allowed (CANZUK+US) but English is allowed
Board where people from (CANZUK+US) all use a proxy/VPN you mean…

 No.1275851

>>1275842
> but i'd be open to the idea there's some cannibalization going on. whether that can be resolved and how, I've no idea, but it'd be interesting to know.
It is pretty obvious that matrix chatters sucks posts from the website. It is why I personally don't converse much in the matrix rooms other than the mod ones.

>>1275844
>lmao, new multitude has been around for longer than the current mod admin
Current mod admin was part of the mod team when NM was starting out. I wrote articles for NM myself when I was already a mod

>Cytube has been around since the inception of the board basically.

Mainsteam use is 2020.

>you should if its enough to delete the posts.

No thanks.

>right, so how then are posters supposed to organise things like you want?

Matrix? Generals?

>>1275844
>he says, reaching for the delete post button
D+ is the best button ngl.

 No.1275853

Why is this on /leftypol/ and not /meta/?

/monarchy/ - for Graceposting
/nsfw/ - SEX
/eo/ - Esperanto
/praxis/ - Like the old "anarchy"/"revenge" stuff in textfiles

 No.1275854

>>1275850
Yea but we can force them to not speak english so that's the ultimate filter.

 No.1275860

>>1275532
theres already a thread for that did you mean a board?

 No.1275861

>>1275397
>>Why not just make an /int/ style board with flags
>Then it will be just like all the national/regional generals we already have.
Doesn't the presence of several national/regional generals suggest that an /int/ board could work? Given the importance of internationalism to the socialist movement that seems like a pretty obvious board to have. It would also be splitting a kind of specific set of topics off the main board. Significant happenings should have their own /leftypol/ threads, like the Russia-Ukraine war, the Iran protests, etc since they aren't general threads for those countries. Like the thread for /USApol/ would go to /int/ but if there's a /bürgerkrieg/ happening again that would stay on /leftypol/, that's the difference.

 No.1275862

>>1275853
/jam/ - no text, only audio uploads (with Oekaki like thing but for recording??)

 No.1275870

File: 1669047914597.jpg (488.11 KB, 1600x1140, lettering.jpg)

> /grass/
How about /naturalist/?? We go outside pretending to be 18th century aristocrats observing nature and post excerpts from our journals.

 No.1275875

>>1275870
Hmm what about /green/?
A board for discussing the environment, sustainability, ecological issues, etc?
Can include discussing praxis to do IRL right now as well as how to deal with environmental challenges in the future of the movement.

 No.1275880

>>1275875
I suggested /ecology/ before: >>>/meta/14298 but it was ignored.

 No.1275881

>>1275861
The possibility and viability of /int/ is already considered by the mod team. But now spiltting to form /int/ might slow the main board to both boards' detriment. When board traffic picks up and/or generals become too many will we create an /int/. Even then there is a lot of questions to be asked about it.

>>1275853
>>1275862
Will considering adding to the next iteration.

>>1275875
>>1275870
Too specific for a board? Make a thread in leftypol to test it out?

 No.1275882

>>1275037
>/antianglo/ - Board where nobody from the anglosphere is allowed (CANZUK+US) but English is allowed

 No.1275892

C'mon, do we need yet another drama session between Sage and the jannies? Get a room you two.

 No.1275894

>>1275838
>Where is this reflected in the rules? Oh, wait, nowhere.

It doesn't say explicitly we are anti-racist in the rules either, it is implicit with this being a communist board.

 No.1275896

The mods need to make more threads like this, it's really funny how thin skinned they are.

>I-I'm not a crybaby! Y-you are!

>*deletes posts they don't like*

At this point I genuinely believe that there's no saving the site as long as the current moderation team is in charge. Just wipe the slate clean.

 No.1275898

File: 1669049658445.jpg (76.03 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault (9).jpg)

>>1275892
Initiative to make a board where sage and the jannies can argue to their hearts content so they stop shitting up any thread relating to site discussion. You could probably power an entire city with that constant back and forth motion

 No.1275902

>>1275896
If we don't respond to complaints then you guys say you are being ignored but if we do then we are thin-skinned. Sort out what you actually want.

 No.1275911

>>1275902
>Sort out what you actually want.
I want an AJA (Antijannistiche Aktion) flag.
Maybe make it a broken broom.

 No.1275912

the fundamental problem this site faces or appears to face is a tiny-to-nonexistent inflow of new users. everything else is rearranging the deckchairs on 9/11.

 No.1275936

>>1275912
What do you mean, we had that big influx of new people when bunkerchan shut down.

 No.1275963

>>1275840
Who actually has the final word what is pointless or useless discussion about idpol? Either outline what exactly is pointless, or say that even talking about idpol is banned, because practice shows the second to be true

 No.1276036

/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/
/lgbt/

 No.1276054

>>1275902
I want wvobbly to stop being a mod. There you go, a clear demand which the majority of posters on this board agree with.

I have used a proxy to make this post for obvious reasons.

 No.1276060

>>1276036
Every board is already an LGBT+ board.
>>1275912
To keep IPs (or pph or whatever measure) constant, there has to be a somewhat regular influx cause there is a somewhat constant outflow.

 No.1276061

File: 1669056516338.png (256.08 KB, 474x266, ClipboardImage.png)

>>1276054
Yeah seriously. Whenever questionable mod actions happen, it's always him. He needs to seriously touch some grass instead of obsessing over his accounting of IPs. I have 100s of IPs on my free VPN anyways. Sometimes I see a ban message for one of them (usually for someone else using the same VPN I think) then I just click disconnect, reconnect to a different one, eazy peezy. Imagine wasting your life trying to put your fingers in the dike.

 No.1276064

>>1276057
Wvobbly is just one person and has practically no backing from any section of the userbase, it would never cause a split. Kicking out powertripping mods should be a routine thing, not some big drama.

 No.1276069

>>1276064
Yeah, purges of moderators need to be done regularly

 No.1276071

>>1276061
According to the board logs he's done 136 mod actions in the last 5 days alone. Someone should really check on the guy…
https://leftypol.org/log.php?page=1&board=leftypol

 No.1276074

>>1276071
and that's just on the main board too, not including /siberia/.

 No.1276075

>>1275963
>or say that even talking about idpol is banned,
It is more or less is. Idpol is just whining about identities, whining about people whining about identities seems very counter productive.

>>1276054
>>1276061
Wobbly is most visible because he is the most active. Same goes for pask. Another one will take up his place even if you try to cancel him. Believe me, I will be much much worse than him if I had the time to moderate on your timezones.

 No.1276078

>>1276075
>Wobbly is most visible because he is the most active. Same goes for pask
I want to know more about these two. Do they not have jobs they need to be at and how can they spend all day on /leftypol/ as an adult?

 No.1276079

>>1276075
And there we have it. Mask off. Admission that leftypol is just the dictatorship of the moderators, great moderators and fascist moderators.

 No.1276080

>>1276075
>>1276075
>Believe me, I will be much much worse than him if I had the time to moderate on your timezones.
Lol get a life.

 No.1276081

>>1276071
given that the trans thread earlier today (correctly) went from 176 posts posts to 25, that would imply he's actually got 15 actions unaccounted for. :^)

 No.1276083

>>1276081
>correctly
Stop simping for mods. You will never be a janny

 No.1276084

>>1275728
> But Roulette is not an incubation board, but a flavour of the month one.
That's not what the sticky on /roulette/ says: >>>/roulette/1038
> This board will be used for testing out new board ideas.

 No.1276091

>>1276078
No thanks.

>>1276079
>Admission that leftypol is just the dictatorship of the moderators
That is how moderation works?

>>1276080
Lmao, the reason why you are complaining about Wobbly instead of me is that I precisely have a life that I can barely moderate in NA timezones, hence the least visible of the active moderaters. Fixating on Wobbly is needlessly pointless.

 No.1276095

anyway remember when specific bans used to get debated and litigated in the moderation thread and you could go in and promise to be a good boy and not to do it again, or you could argue some anon got treated too harshly because they were just speaking like an idiot and it got read the wrong way, or you could counter-argue someone saying they were a good boy by pointing out they were a prick who does this all the time or whatever.

i wouldn't throw moderation entirely to the court of public opinion, but that kind of litigation was a good thing. remember when i used to write textwalls about "discretionary moderation" or whatever the hell it was? that instead of having a clearly defined set of rules stuck to with machine-like accuracy like a moderation monetarist, you come to a subjective assessment of the situation and if you fuck up, users hit back pointing out the error.

>>1276083
and i never will be (can't stomach using matrix + argumentative disposition + obsessed with social engineering)

>>1276085

crying that this kind of razor sharp wit is dulled by the cruel hammer and anvil of the moderation stasi

 No.1276096

>>1276091
>I am willing to destroy any and all organic discussion because transhumanists REEEEEE
Don't just touch grass, smoke some

 No.1276097

>>1276084
You know that testing can fail right? That some tests don't work out at all?

 No.1276098

>>1276091
>Fixating on Wobbly is needlessly pointless.
So you admit that there's some kind of systematic issue going on here?

 No.1276101

>>1276098
Woah buddy! This is wrecker behavior. Stop noticing things

 No.1276106

>>1276096
>organic discussion of transhumanists
Yea you are probably high now.

>>1276098
Sure. Most of the moderators are on board with how we moderate. The main point of contention is whether we soft social-engineer the userbase or not. I am firmly the latter btw

 No.1276109

How about /porn/ Siberia is such a strange mix of bullshit. Seems there are enough porn generals to warrant a porn board. It'll be active for sure.

 No.1276110

>>1276098
you're going to be talking in circles unless you can cite actual users/posts that were banned/deleted, rather than just going "whoaa, the mods are so harsh here!" and relying on people to come back like pavlov's dog agreeing because it's the done thing for 4chan users to hold moderation in contempt.

but of course if you do that, there's always the risk people will think the examples you bring up (hi >>1276096 ! ) were justified action against terrible posts. much easier to stick to generalities. they do it for free, amirite lads?

 No.1276112

>>1276110
The mods ban you if you bring up things you got banned for.

 No.1276113

>>1276106
>soft social-engineering the userbase
Was wvobbly just doing some "soft" social engineering when he banned/purged all those anons who correctly predicted the course of the Ukraine war? I'm curious.

 No.1276114

>>1276112
If that were the case. Three distinct IPs ITT would be banned, because their entire post history was precisely whining about bans.

>>1276113
No. The mod team's position and approach on Ukraine is fragile and vague but that isn't what I meant by "soft" social engineering.

 No.1276116

>social engineer the userbase
liberal technocrats

 No.1276118

>>1276112
so bring up the things other people got banned for. without concrete examples, nothing can be said either way.

though tbh i'm glad Ukraine came up because it's a good example of where i might say moderation was too harsh. the apparent enforcement of an anti-NATO line was silly and is probably one reason the threads keep devolving into boring idpol arguments, rather than boring foreign policy fedjacketing.
the basic dynamics of the site and of the soviet-aligned left more generally preclude adopting a pro-NATO line, and simple redtext mockery would be sufficient to protect that if one was really paranoid. in those circumstances, the best thing to do would be to leave it up to the userbase to slug it out. (who knows, maybe a few /k/ weirdos would get so BTFO they'd stick around!)

 No.1276119

>>1276114
Was Ukraine an example of hard social engineering then?

 No.1276121

>>1276119
No. None of us are interested in overtly telling users what to think or do.

 No.1276123

>>1276118
>so bring up the things other people got banned for. without concrete examples, nothing can be said either way.
How can you do that when mods delete the post? This is such a dumb way of arguing. Once you get banned, your posts are deleted and you cannot truthfully show anything except he said/she said.

>>1276114
>If that were the case. Three distinct IPs ITT would be banned, because their entire post history was precisely whining about bans.
I'll take a wager and say one is mine, but then again I have a dynamic IP and VPNs so you really cannot make an informed decision about my posting.

 No.1276129

>>1276123
maybe it's narcissism, maybe it's maybelline, but i tend to remember my own posts. also not all banned posts seem to be deleted.
he said/she said can work if other people remember what was said.

though tbh i'd be better if (excluding CP spam obviously) the board log showed the post that the user was banned for. >>/meta/23777 makes me assume this is something that is recorded, so it'd be helpful if it was public.

 No.1276131

>>1276121
Why did you ban people for having perfectly reasonable takes then? You kinda did tell people what to think/do by creating an environment where if you are perceived as not siding with Russia you're a glowie/redditor who deserves to be banned, even if your arguement is entirely based on facts. It's hard to take mods seriously after how you all handled that thread during those first few months.

And another reason to get rid of wvobbly is that he was the main instigator of creating said environment, so removing him could restore some credibility.

 No.1276142

>>1276131
>Why did you ban people for having perfectly reasonable takes then?
Yea sure, you sound like someone who is very reasonable.

>It's hard to take mods seriously after how you all handled that thread during those first few months.

We never asked that from you.

 No.1276145

>>1276142
>Yea sure, you sound like someone who is very reasonable.
We're not talking about me, we're talking about your handling of the Ukraine thread.
>We never asked that from you.
Even socdem essentially said the same here >>1276118
If you don't trust me, trust the guy who's been posting his long winded word vomits on this board for about 4 years now.

 No.1276146

>>1276145
His solution isn't to kick Wobbly.

 No.1276156

>>1275902
It’s not that responding to complaints makes you thin skinned, it is your manner of responding to them, which is always unproductive and obtuse

 No.1276159

>>1276146
You're right, kicking him wouldn't fix the problem. But at least all the users who get banned for upsetting him by correctly predicting that the Russian military is a fucking joke might start respecting this site again.
Can you even admit that big mistakes were made during the moderation of the Ukraine thread?

 No.1276161

>>1276156
Most complaints are unproductive and obtuse.

>>1276159
Hindsight is 20/20. Course correcting is always welcomed, vindictive punishments from people with an axe to grind are not.

 No.1276165

>>1276142
>Yea sure, you sound like someone who is very reasonable.
motherfucker you ban people for saying that russia might be in the wrong

 No.1276169

>>1276161
Maybe getting rid of mods like wvobbly who are yet to even admit they fucked up and is widely hated by the users would be good 'course correction'.

 No.1276171

>>1276161
>mods literally think they are infallible
>this despite not being elected by anybody at all
>the only qualification they ever had was being a simp for the current moderation
Jannies are lowly and pathetic life forms that would have been better off euthanised

 No.1276173


 No.1276179

>>1276173
wvobbly is sockpuppeting, there's no way two other people want him to stay

 No.1276184

>>1276173
Mods will rig this poll, they’ve done it before. The only true result is right now, with the resounding opinion of the posters being to get rid of the errant mod

 No.1276187

>>1276184
>>1276179
even if the voting method was trustworthy (lol lmao) deciding by vote rather than by the actual merit of the arguments at play would be dumb.

 No.1276188

>>1276187
>rather than by the actual merit
lol
lmao

 No.1276190

>>1276184
I know, but the mods will know the truth

 No.1276192

>>1276187
It’s crazy how that guy wanted to set up a room so that each vote could be attributed to a contributor so we could have these kinds of votes but that guy was banned, harrassed and attacked for years by the mods.

oh wait… that guy me…

 No.1276193

>>1276109
SEX is siberian culture thoughever

 No.1276206

>>1276187
It's not the job of an arbiter or referee to be liked. Referees referee.
Anyway, how about that football? It's a travesty.

 No.1276212

>>1276206
wvobbly is extremely pro-russia, which has clearly interfered with their ability to moderate fairly and by the rules. Surely a referee also has to be at least somewhat neutral, no? I
'm not saying mods shouldn't be allowed to have opinions, just that they should not ban people solely for having opinions different to their own.

 No.1276219

File: 1669062398613.png (238.97 KB, 436x600, kulak detected.png)

I'll take sage's comments as a vote for /grass/

 No.1276222

>>1276212
wvobbly is fucking deranged with the things he'll ban you for

I was once banned for 4 weeks for saying that Russia had zero chance of holding kherson. I received no apology when it was retaken.

 No.1276230

Reminder that these stickies are just a front to weed out problematic users who complain to much, log in their IP ranges and range ban them for minor infractions in the future

 No.1276232

File: 1669063060080-0.png (28.42 KB, 1693x59, 5.png)

File: 1669063060080-1.png (27.5 KB, 1614x45, 4.png)

File: 1669063060080-2.png (29.47 KB, 1657x56, 3.png)

File: 1669063060080-3.png (33.56 KB, 1822x81, 2.png)

File: 1669063060080-4.png (29.88 KB, 1770x56, 1.png)

Wvobly is also known for pathologizing as ban reasons. These are just the most recent examples, but I've seen him ban for "hyseria" and "autism" in the past too.

The last "schizo" ban of his was against a user that pointed out that it is typically a liberal tendency to call everyone and everything a "nazi," in this case Tucker Carlson. Sure, he's a reactionary conservative but to say there's no difference between him and swastika tattood Azov nazis or the gestapo overseeing the mass execution of Jews is just pure idiocy and a refusal to engage in nuance.

But let's say that it's provable that Tucker is a literal fucking Nazi, and the anon was wrong. Well then educate him and prove him wrong (good luck with that, tho). But noooo! It's "scizophrenia" to ask for nuance.

 No.1276237

>>1276230
I would believe it, the mods have no problem with lowering the number of regular users.

 No.1276239

>>1276232
Tucker is a white supremacist. Nazis are white nationalists. They are different in how they work. Supremacists want to have the other people but to dominate them with the social system, while nationalists want to remove them. Arguing about one being worse isn't the point - the point is to understand that the systems are different, present different challenges, and need to be combated in different ways. Tucker is more KKK than nazi.

 No.1276240

>>1276232
>he last "schizo" ban of his was against a user that pointed out that it is typically a liberal tendency to call everyone and everything a "nazi,"
I love how this is considered schizo, meanwhile hysterical Z fags saying that ukraine's a fake country which deserves to be bombed and zelensky is a CGI model are totally reasonable and nuanced positions to him.

 No.1276244

>>1276097
People won't propose ideas that would be fun for a month but has no chance of ever becoming a board.

 No.1276245

>>1276239
>Tucker is KKK
riiiiight

not gonna participate in this derail

 No.1276250

File: 1669064071055.mp4 (6.51 MB, 848x400, 1665577813750.mp4)

>>1276240
>zelensky is a CGI model
I mean, they are pretty open and proud of the fact.

 No.1276257

>>1276250
lol what the fuck

 No.1276262

>>1276250
>when he shrinks the AR Zelensky
Why they do my short king like that?

 No.1276289

It sounds like you are all about to lynch or call the NVKD on each other except in an online setting,

 No.1276290

>>1275037
Alunya 'Falling Down', I lol'ed

 No.1276299

>>1275037
Would we keep /roulette/ though? I'm in favor of adding new boards, but I don't wanna lose /roulette/. Plus Jester is a cute mascot.

 No.1276300

File: 1669067045096.jpg (13.88 KB, 474x299, th-1663788354.jpg)


 No.1276318

wvobly is absolute dogshit. of course the janitariat rallies around one of their own but come on.

 No.1276322

>>1276290
It's not Alunya it's tomoko or whatever it was called

 No.1276342


 No.1276370

>>1275861
didn't /ref/ fill that role before the split?

 No.1276385

>>1276370
I checked it out, but it seems like GETchan hates /leftypol/ for some reason.>>1276370

 No.1276403

>>1276322
>It's not Alunya it's tomoko
Ah this makes more sense considering falling down is burger libertarian shit…

 No.1276406

>>1276403
How is it, it's a good movie about the alienation of capitalism.

 No.1276426

So we adding the furry board or what

 No.1276464

File: 1669078210467.png (1.25 MB, 1080x1417, 1562580937400.png)

>>1276406
<Won't someone think of the poor unemployed defence industry worker triggered by some poors on a walk through the hood?
No.

 No.1276472

>>1276464
You're not supposed to think D-Fens is morally correct you dumb shit.

 No.1276482

>>1276464
actually he's a right-wing social democrat of the old kind, he dishes out equal opportunity harm to all classes. on his adventure he:
beats a korean store owner (petit bourg)
fights with gangsters (lumpen)
baits a panhandler (lumpen)
scares fast food workers (proles)
destroys a phone booth (inanimate object)
kills the nazi surplus store owner (petit bourg)
scares road repair workers (proles)
scares a golfer (bourg)
gives a golfer heart failure (bourg)
hits a golf cart full of heart medication down into the water (inanimate object)

 No.1276498

>/antianglo/ - Board where nobody from the anglosphere is allowed (CANZUK+US) but English is allowed
too easy to sneak around
>/antianglo/ - Board where no English language is allowed
this would be the best
>/antianglo/ - Board where everyone is allowed but discussion of Anglosphere-related things is not allowed. Learn a bit about other cultures and so on.
this would be the second best but I like the idea of being forced to use other languages

 No.1276522

consider: just randomly weekban users from anglophone IP's without warning

 No.1276572

>>1276498
merge the latter two with the exception that you can talk about anglo matters as long as you are blisteringly critical

 No.1276581

File: 1669086501751.jpg (43.92 KB, 600x600, 1515165.jpg)

>3 IPs circlejerking for hours
This temper tantrum changes nothing. You don't have to love, hate or even respect the mod team. We are not here for that. You just have to accept it.

>>1276245
>derails thread to whine about moderation
>doesn't want to participate when the people that agrees with him derails by airing their actual grievance with moderation and
How cute.

>>1276244
How would they know which idea would be like that unless they actually try it? We can cannibalize boards that slowed down. And more importantly why not?

You are shifting the goalposts. First you say Roulette wasn't made for flavour of the month, then you say people won't want it. Who is this 'people' you speak of? And where were there when we created roulette last year?

>>1276299
Roulette is going nowhere.

>>1276193
>>1276109
NSFW is staying in siberia. Coomers are contained.

>>1276522
Too much effort.

>>1276498
>>1276572
Yea no english sounds. You can still talk about Anglo things (since it is going to be nightmare defining it), but just not with English.

 No.1276584

>>1276581
You know what, if you're the only janny in charge of this thread then I applaud your restraint. By now most of the other jannies would have deleted all dissenting opinions and claimed that they're off-topic, but you're at least willing to address the people calling you a subhuman scumfuck janny and ask them for suggestions on what to do going forward. I'm going to recommend the owner double your pay immediately.

 No.1276589

>>1276584
Your backhanded compliment is not appreciated. I am entertaining these usual retards whining about moderation so I can get feedback from actual comments about Roulette. This is why I don't take /meta/ seriously anymore.

 No.1276593

>>1276589
>This is why I don't take /meta/ seriously anymore.
no one takes you seriously, either

 No.1276614

>>1276593
Luckily, I do not need that to moderate well.

 No.1276638

I say
/health/ - board for fitness, diet, mental health, medication, supplements, herbs, first aid info (where more personal touch than would go if in /edu/), healthcare registration advice type topics since otherwise these just wind up on /leftypol/ or /siberia/ and seem out of place on both. Drugs also should go on such a board since no point in distinguishing between medication and recreational drugs helps keep the knowledge in one place. Watching sports should go on /tv/ not grouped with fitness stuff like /grass/ while playing sports could go on /hobby/ since not all sports are very fitness inducing so they shouldnt be split part in /health/ and part not. The playing versus watching sport divide i feel would be fair and logical since it's totally different mindsets between these groups.
>/antianglo/
Sectarian, nationalist and racist all at once except for version that is non English posts which is fine since it helps stop those non English speaking posts from bumped off by more active English posts but call it something else like /polygot/ or /lingo/

 No.1276719

>>1276482
He beats the Korean because he mispronounced some words and didn't kneel to the white man because of "all the money my country gave your country".

 No.1276755

Watch as this thread descends into mods defending their shitty bans and insisting they can't improve if you don't point out the specific problems - and then banning people who actually point them out. This website is fucking finished

 No.1276768

>>1276755
it's a sign of immaturity not to be able to take criticism, learn and grow. but instead insist you did nothing wrong or that your actions are impeccable. most mods are underage or still in their "young adult" stage of life and have no idea what they're doing beyond "I don't like it, therefore I can remove it because I have the power to do so"

how many users have left because of wvobbly, pasquale and moody and their knee-jerk reactions and "delete by IP"? moderation thread is full of "you got caught up when we were dealing with spammers" (or /pol/ or whatever). nobody wants to post on a website where if they say the wrong thing, or if a mod doesn't understand what the person wrote, all of their posts get deleted. it's worse than reddit, because at least you get banned from a single subreddit, here you get a site-wide ban, even /meta/. when you complain in /meta/ abort your ban, they ban you for "ban evasion", despite the OP of the moderation thread saying "dispute your bans here".
e.g.
>>>/meta/23777
>Technically I have you by rights on ban evasion

there's nothing worse than an internet forum moderator. they get a tiny bit of "power" on an insignificant corner of the internet and love abusing it. it's all the people who are bullied IRL, can't stand up to others, meekly say yes, sir, no sir, and avert their gaze. but as soon as they come here they pretend they're some big shot and take out their impotence and frustrations on users.

 No.1276806

>>1276768
Exactly.
I honestly think I'm done with /leftypol/.
Years ago, when most of these mods probably weren't even in fucking high school, earlier iterations of this website had quality posters that did so much to educate others. The quality of the site has dropped like a rock as people who know better leave.

 No.1276807

File: 1669114324498.gif (379.4 KB, 244x170, 1664951885109.gif)


 No.1276937

>jannies are now actively encouraging users to leave their dying site
this site won't live to see 2024

 No.1276946

>>1276937
They have been doing this for a long time. I stopped posting in this thread because I realised I was reverting to the futile activity of trying to make them actually care about something beyond their own egos, but they literally do not and cannot.

They don't care about the site, the left, anything at all besides the fact they get to mod here and making it how they want.

Its honestly a sick parody of my experience with most IRL leftist groups. A group of people build something new and cool, attractive to lots of people, then some bunch of insane trots or whatever sink their teeth into it, suck the life out of it, destroy everything that made it good in the first place, and then double and triple down on everything. They have fanatical ideological beliefs and absolutely nothing matters but their implementation, even if it is to the obvious detriment of all.

Think the UK labour party under Keir Starmer.

 No.1277163

Make /isg/ its own board

 No.1277204

File: 1669145039656.png (1.98 MB, 1200x1201, R (7).png)

>>1277163
Move /isg/ into siberia. Marriage made in hell

 No.1277401

>>1276638
>posts from bumped off by more active English posts but call it something else like /polygot/ or /lingo/
Fine we will call it the politically correct /lingo/.

I think so far the new suggestions are

>/long/: Long posts only


>/jam/: Audio files only. No images


>/green/: Nature and environmentalism, horticulture, zoology and maybe agriculture


>/health/ or /life/: Fitness, mental health, diet, supplements, herbs, first aid info, drugs and biohacking in general


I will add them in the next iteration. Probably randomize which board gets it.

>>1276755
>>1276768
I don't really care about what you think about the bans.

>>1276946
>I stopped posting in this thread because
Or maybe you stopped posting coz you got your facts wrong about the mod team's formation and relationship to NM.

> then some bunch of insane trots or whatever sink their teeth into it,

You are the insane trots in this dynamic tbh fam. Whine all day everyday like some 21st century Orwell.

>>1277204
We will if /isg/ gets too big or too fast. It is probably the endgoal for such a general.

 No.1277406

>>1277401
>I will add them in the next iteration. Probably randomize which board gets it.
If you want, you can create a thread about it on /leftypol/ or /hobby/ in the meantime.

 No.1277618

No point in adding more boards when there's little activity.
Also I hope the /antianglo/ suggestion where anglos are banned was a bad joke. I really do, for the sake of my own sanity.

 No.1277831

>>1277618
>I hope the /antianglo/ suggestion where anglos are banned was a bad joke
why? we need a place jannies can't visit.

 No.1278189

We need to be closing dead boards, not opening new ones. /AKM/ has had one post in 12 days. Even /po/, a board so slow that there are still threads up from before Trump became president, is literally hundreds of times faster than /AKM/. Archive the posts and fucking close it.

 No.1278348

>>1277618
>>1278189
We will discuss cannibalizing slow boards and probably do so for AKM and draw. But again entries in roulette doesn't need to guarantee success, merely be interesting for a time.

>>1277831
当时我们在开会讨论这个主题时,大部分的版主不是盎格鲁。你也真傻,如果版主们都是盎格鲁,我们连这些字“盎格鲁”不会知道,还能愿意用那些字呢?!

 No.1278350

>>1278348
no we won't

 No.1278555

>>1278348
If you're going to kill /draw/ please archive it, there's a lot of useful info there.

 No.1279427

Just keep /leftypol/ and /siberia/. Then either kill every other boards or merge 'em all into one singular board. People here only care about those two boards anyway lmao.

 No.1279489

>>1279427
Siberia should be put out of its misery

 No.1279550


 No.1279756

>>1275037
Ideas kind a bad but the /grass/, /tv/ could be useful but i recommend you do a fitness /fit/ board too since fitness is much more important

 No.1279766

>>1276109
Fuck off coomer

 No.1279849

>>1279766
The word coomer has reactionary undertones

 No.1279853

>>1276581
>NSFW is staying in siberia. Coomers are contained.
Why tho? Then how about the opposite. Make a off-topic chatting board that doesn't have porn generals.

 No.1280561

i'll one up you
ban porn full stop, be strict on siberia for a few months to wash out the culture and we have our off topic board that won't ooze its cum and fifth over the walls and into other boards

 No.1280968

>>1280561
what would be the point of /siberia/ then

 No.1281122

File: 1669410990650.jpg (132.7 KB, 960x1280, 0rr13yky6sq91.jpg)

>>1280968
off topic posting and non pornographic shitposting

 No.1281131

>>1278348
>cannibalize /draw/
Nah we can't give up on recruiting drawfriends
that shit is important for keeping the community alive and making dank propaganda. What it probably needs is its own identity, and promoting people to learn to draw. The tutorials there are a plus for that already.

 No.1281234

>>1280968
This may come as a surprise to you, there was almost no porn on siberia / b when it started, only the old muscle girl thread.

 No.1281254

>>1280561
Agreed. We don't need the sexualization of /leftypol/. Mods should just ban porn as millions of other websites exist for that. Also porn attracts sad, terminally horny coomers and incels. Notice how the increase of all the /r9k/-esque shit on /siberia/ correlates with the increase of porn on it.

 No.1282088


 No.1282104

>>1276095
>anyway remember when specific bans used to get debated and litigated in the moderation thread and you could go in and promise to be a good boy and not to do it again, or you could argue some anon got treated too harshly because they were just speaking like an idiot and it got read the wrong way, or you could counter-argue someone saying they were a good boy by pointing out they were a prick who does this all the time or whatever.
This has literally never been true. Most bans are full board site ime, especially when it's those abusing faggota vwobbly or m00dy. Utter acumbags who don't even pretend to moderate by the rules and abide their own democratic process.

 No.1282371

/coom/ - Porn

 No.1282431

>>1282088
>>1281234
>>1281254
>>1280561
We will discuss the nature of siberia in the siberia itself. But in the meantime, may I suggest the matrix room where you can form parasocial relationships in a SFW context?

 No.1282454

>>1282431
For posterity there is porn in the siberia room, but the main leftypol chat is SFW

 No.1282693

grass could be good for the occasional 420ch refugee

 No.1282924

Add /grass/
Delete /leftypol/ unironically

 No.1283506

Does anyone else question how roulette is done? I feel like roulette should just be renamed whenever it has a monthly topic and give it some denotation in the name to signfy it's roulette. I just dont feel like many people even remember to check /roulette/ to see what it is about and even if they do it's not entirely clear what's going on.

 No.1283594


 No.1283604

Sorry, I accidenctally pressed the button. Ignore: >>1283594

Anyway, I was just thinking: why not make the roulette board a bulkanize board? It would let us see if whether or not it's a good idea, we can still keep the original boards if things go bad, and we can give the balkanize board a head start by importing threads.

If we do that I'm pushing for the merge of /games/ and /anime/, maybe call it /entertainment/

>>1282371
>>1276109
I love porn, but we shouldn't do that. Porn boards don't actually contain conversations &'re just places to dump what you're into.

i>>1280561
We shouldn't. /siberia/ functions well as a higher quality of /b/, banning porn would hurt the board since what "should be deleted" will fall under a slippery slope.
Also porn makes the pph increase which encourages the use of the board, the problem with /games/, /anime/, and /tech/ – are that they feel/are dead and it no one wants to be the one person to revive the board(s).

 No.1283819

File: 1669624230389.jpg (1.86 MB, 1011x3690, 1620621382392.jpg)

Because most or all the radlib, nazis, and incels go there, delete the siberia board before anime.


Unique IPs: 90

[Return][Go to top] [Catalog] | [Home][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ home / rules / faq ] [ overboard / sfw / alt ] [ leftypol / siberia / hobby / tech / edu / games / anime / music / draw / AKM ] [ meta / roulette ] [ cytube / git ] [ GET / ref / marx / booru / zine ]