[ home / rules / faq ] [ overboard / sfw / alt ] [ leftypol / siberia / hobby / tech / edu / games / anime / music / draw / AKM ] [ meta / roulette ] [ cytube / wiki / git ] [ GET / ref / marx / booru / zine ]

/meta/ - Ruthless criticism of all that exists (in leftypol.org)

Discussions, querries, feedback and complaints about the site and its administration.
Name
Options
Subject
Comment
Flag
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

Join our Matrix Chat <=> IRC: #leftypol on Rizon


File: 1656950045180.jpg (42.52 KB, 336x500, Meetings.JPG)

 No.21581

I forgotten where I kept the June meeting notes, so I decided to just post all meeting notes from here on out.

Derail this thread at your own peril. I will not play nice like the other mods.


Meeting Report 03/07/22

New Moderation Drive to be determined soon. To ease burden on active members

-Make mod posts in LATAM and Africa threads to encourage applicants from these regions as their NA and EU counterparts are most active
-Must be done before American Midterms really begins to counter the flood of new users in NA region


Finalization of Ban Lengths.

-Have a range of timings for different bans to give some leeway
-Create a catergory based on severity
-If ban is made outside the range, the rest of the mod team must be informed and justified.
-High Pirority, to be finished before new mods come in
-Another Video Call Meeting?

Mods Present
Krates Comet Sindikat Caballo мμμ

 No.22098

Meeting Report 07/08/22

Ban Lengths

-Finalize it in the discussion within chat.

-Building a bureaucracy within the mod team?

-Used as a guide or outline for recommended ban.

-Make more categories with less time in the punishment to increase flexibility and nuance

-Much more spam categories to make it less vague

-Create or form a common ban lexicon in the reasons

-Ban range from previous meeting is upheld. Have a range within categories and justify bans outside of it to the mod team.


Recruitment/Community Events

-Movie Nights? Documentaries? Easier than reading groups.

-Merging with GETchan's movie night

-Plans to acquire a new Twitter account.

-Ask users that have Twitter accounts to join the twitter chat to coordinate Twitter postings

-Advertise for the Cytube admins when they do stuff and ask them what they need

Meeting at the First Sunday.

Mods Present

Antinous Discomrade Comet Sindikat Caballo Wobbly Krates

 No.22099

>>22098
Also happy one year anniversary of the coup!

 No.22109

>>22099
*attempted coup

 No.23766

bump

 No.23771

Meeting Report 21/11/22


>Tor nodes are password protected. Fustrating some users.


-Anti has a solution- Accounts for users. Verified on matrix. Easier to ban certain accounts while others can still use TOR

-Focusing on recuiting on tech developers.

-Ask Anti and Discomrade to create the account system. If not just revert back to normal and turn the TOR back on.

>Siberia


-Status is okay. A lot of frogposting.

-Create a thread asking Siberia users what they want or NOT want Siberia to be?

-No 'soft' rules.

-Deputize some users?

-Get users and the official twitter account to post on Twitter asking people to join us before Twitter sinks




>Archive the Ukraine general.


Use archive.org to archive the thread

-Works for archiving threads
https://archive.ph/zcdVU
https://archive.ph/JsAL7
https://archive.ph/2ObEd




>Roulette- Six months since we activated it.



-Anti-Anglosphere (No English allowed)

-Cooking? Lifestyle?

Touch grass/making friends board

Ask people which one they want

Recycle old ideas to give a sense of rotation.

Mods Present
Caballo SindiKat Wobbly Pask ClassistComposer Comet Krates

 No.24198

December meeting is cancelled due to holidays.

 No.24825

Meeting Report 09/01/23


Make an effort to make the ban reasons at the ban users. Instead use actual reasons to avoid feeding the trolls and gives them attention. Makes for better logs for the other mods to see and access.

-Spam changed to commercial or bot spam. Rest is pol

-Reference to rule as the reasons of the ban.

-Merge rules of the manifesto and the rule list to increase the consistency.

-Mod actions needs to be more visible so that users can be aware of what is happening. Warnings and bans are only visible when the page is refreshed.

-Modify ban reasons in the ban page. Low effort and/or pol instead of spam. Make a list of reasons to copy and paste.

-Discomrade will gather feedback from users and other mods. Will streamline mod reasons

-KGBeast has entered the mod chat. The mystery of his status is solved.

- Give people a warning instead of deleting their posts

-Saged thread must come with reasons.



-Negotiation with the collective of Brazilians interested in occupying internet space

-Message them that we can get in touch with them for a possible collaboration

-Pitch for a similar idea of occupying imageboard like other internet spaces.

-Anti will contact them


-Increase traffic- encourage culture of taking screencaps and making memes

-Twitter account has to share them stuff as a means to highlight it within the community

-List of technical issues to be complied before the tech team can address them

-Creation of /babel/ to happen soon.

-Against/ban the soyjack and pepe. Archive the gets. Test trial in siberia. Hold an internal vote

-Simplify and revamp the voting process in manifesto

Mods Present
Krates Comet Sindikat Caballo Wobbly Discomrade Beruit Misato Pask KGBeast

 No.25475

>>24825
>Negotiation with the collective of Brazilians interested in occupying internet space
That's crazy. What did they reply?

 No.25551

Meeting Report 20/02/23

-Recruitment to be done in March

-Timezone based. Away from typical American and European ones and more to South American and Asian/Oceania ones.

-Someone from the actual Southern Hemisphere?

-Separate dev drive. Get current devs to consider someone particular to join one of them.

-Roulette is not going that well this month but we will see the numbers. Still have new ideas for the next few months.

-Minetest server. Need to set up a server on Minecraft for community and exposure

-Revive New Multitude in a way or reformated a newslettler? like featured posts or something? Like new multitude as a leftypol newsprint of sorts and embed that in social media, especially for longer posts. Or a zine/newsprint style or a feed style

-Still need an editor though. And quality in the beginning will be bad.


Mods Present
Comet Comrade Misato Sindikat ClassistComposer мμμ

 No.25552

>>25551
is there a sexual aspect to these meetings at all?

 No.25558

>>25552
Typically no. But I don't attend every meeting.

 No.25937

leftypol meeting notes for 19/03/23

-voted to let Jae into the moderation team. Need to let Anti to give her credentials soon.

-Still need more Devs

-Brazilian collective declined their own board.

-Long term plans on the site's structure were suggested: split off generals into their own board, we could have a leftypol overboard (/leftypol/ and /general/), a social overboard (/siberia/ and /babel/), and a hobby overboard (all the various hobby threads). /edu/ could also be a part of it, so you have theory (edu) politics (leftypol), social, hobby and happenings (interpol) all in one overboard.

-/leftypol/ Minetest server plan and its infastructure

Mods Present
Comet WVobbly Sindikat мμμ Caballo

 No.25938

>>25937
>minetest
no minecraft :(

 No.25940

>>25937
Good luck with your tests and appointments мμμ!

 No.25941

>>25940
Did you consider changing gender? Cause that's such a saccharine way to try and attack someone.

 No.26944

File: 1685042981631.jpg (56.04 KB, 736x736, 1680937365492215.jpg)

Why no meeting for April or May?

 No.26945

>>25938
There's been a few Minecraft servers over the years, and minetest was suggested last Minecraft server thread.

 No.26952

>>26944
Everybody is busy.

 No.27231

Meeting Report 11/06/23

-Need more devs. Huge void in the mod team

-Resolution: Recruit more devs

-Ask on imageboard. Tech board. Network off the site? Moody will try to talk to VK about it.
Ping people in the leftypol matrix chat to ask if anyone does devs work


-Misato has a pdf on what to change on the mod overboard and catalog 'PRIORITY: MOD OVERBOARD AND MOD CATALOG'

-Will send the pdf to Jae to see what changes can be made based on the comment

-Resolution: Have a public twitter room to submit stuff to post and discuss. Or make a thread on siberia

-Deputies people on board?

-Resolution: Move deleted post to gulag where we can review it. Do it to all posts and see how it goes for one month. Everyone to do it. Move threads to gulag. Move posts to a general thread in gulag. Everything except illegal content and ThingNoticing

-Subject wants accountability and enforcability on the moderation team. Will work on codifying.

-Sindikat wants someone to host on Mastodon.

-Moody wants specialized roles. Like Devs and/or social media specialists who do not necessarily need to mod

-More actions should be building a structure to bind members coz of Discomrade

-Be more vigilant in eliminating illegal actionable stuff. And questionable stuff like 'we need to kill this person.' to avoid feds.

-Deal with inactive mods?

Mods Present

Comet Caballo Moody Misato Sindikat Subject Pask

 No.27261

>>27231
>Be more vigilant in eliminating illegal actionable stuff. And questionable stuff like 'we need to kill this person.' to avoid feds.
lol
Think about this for a moment. They are either already here, and in deep, or are too stupid to figure it out, so why bother.
Dogshit thinking, genuinely. At best an example of "premature optimization".

 No.27262

>>27261
Yeah, honestly, seems like an extreme overreaction. It took like, 4 mass shooters posting their manifestos on 8chan before it finally got shut down, and it wasn't even the feds who shut it down. There was just literally no company on Earth willing to take the PR heat of hosting it.(spam IP)

 No.27263

>>27262
We don't have a sexpat admin living in a non-USA-affiliated jurisdiction, unless someone else wants to take the legal/financial costs of hosting. Furthermore we don't want any users getting arrested like on 4chan, is it that likely? No not really, but it would be a huge headache for both you and us if it happened.

 No.27264

>>27262
fascists dont get the same treatment from cops than socialists do

 No.27415

>>27261
Yea we know these already, we were talking to the new moderators about what to ban harshly and what to follow to limits set by the site.

 No.27418

>>27231

Extremely sorry again that I could not come.
I was held by health issues.

 No.27420

>>27415
Thanks for the clarification. I'd still urge deliberation.

 No.27963

>>27418
No worries at all. Get well soon comrade.

 No.28096

Meeting Report 10/07/23

-Central Committee idea by subject. To have accountability within the mod team where committee members are chosen by random within the active moderation team

-Active moderator needs to be better defined. Term limits are good enough

-Ban appeals that are equal or more than 24 hours can be only be judged by central committee

-Resolution: Everyone has to read it and give the go ahead to be fully implemented. Supermajority approval and high quorum needed.

-discussions about archiving.

-Shifting problematic posts to /gulag/ for potential review as a resolution is good idea. Will keep doing it. Part of moderation protocol now.

-Britain sucks. End of story.

-Quality of Life improvements: Misato has compiled a lot of requests for leftypol usability. Jae would look into to see which is feasible

-Possible changes to the report function. Multiple reports on the same posts are annoying to see.

-leftypol gotosocial?

-Sindikat will set up and maintain the Minetest sever when he is available

Mods Present
Jae Misato Myy Wobbly Caballo Dolphins Subject Sindikat Comet

 No.28599

File: 1691961427344.png (603.13 KB, 1200x902, ClipboardImage.png)

• Welfare check on everyone.

• Discussion about janitor, mod and dev recruitment took place.

• For the recruitment drive, one of the ideas discussed were site-wide sub-header / banner adverts.

• In addition, stickying recruitment threads on each board was mentioned for further reach.

• Midway through the meeting, subjects' fire alarm starts blaring 🚨 He safely evacuates and smokes a cigarette.

• misato smokes a bowl: "cheers to that, comrade"

• After that shit went down, conversation regarding mod recruitment continued, discussing the idea of also opening positions for single-board janitors.

• Getting Minetest server up on the main server, provided Sindicat gets access to the server soon.

• Meeting concluded with the intention of focusing on staff recruitment as our current priority.

In attendance:
comet wvobbly sindikat misato subject

 No.28600

>>28599
Antonius here. I'll pop in sometime this week to help out. I've been busy every single day for the past month and a half. No time to even jack off, I wish I were kidding.

 No.28601

>>28600
Well shit, son. If you said something I would've given you a handy.

 No.28602

>>28601
I just puked a little in my mouth.

 No.28603

File: 1692032881792.png (87.39 KB, 558x532, F3gZepeX0AUcgub.png)


 No.28814

Meeting Report 10/09/2023

-Tor pass system is suggested. To prevent the node being abused for spam.

-Would create 'private nodes' along with the public node that can silenced to prevent spam.

-Would need to create and manage the decs.

-Needs the devs to do that though.

-Resolution: Ask the devs to go ahead to look into this and see if it is feasible, no one opposes this idea

-Need to check on sever costs and whether we can pay for the coming year.

-Discussion over the new list of premade ban reasons

-making ban messages auto-update on the same time period which new messages are loaded would be nice

-Add rule numbers to the list of the premade ban reasons to justify how we enforce the rules.

-Rules and manifesto do not really align.

-2022 manifesto needs to replace the older verison in the link.

-Anything to do for the 9th anniversary? Make new reading lists and manifesto

-Alternate archive is already implemented

-Resolution: Vote/Decide to deputizes a certain poster to a jannie for /anime/

-Enforce the anti-sectarian rule?

-Anti-sectarian serves same purpose as non-idpol, punishing offenders trying to sap positive discussions.

-Removing too many posts? Arbitrary moderation maybe lowering acitivity. Or it is just the summer? Less moderation or moderators could be lowering the userbase too

-Move the leftypol meeting room to the staff ring

-More information about the website general to be disseminated

-GETchan voting to name themselves bunker site of leftypol

Mods Present
Gunny Caballo Subject Wvobbly Sindikat Misato Comet (Dolphins went to grill)

 No.28815

>>28603
>nopon avatar
*pukes in mouth a little*

 No.28817

>>28814
>Need to check on sever costs and whether we can pay for the coming year.
Can you not afford to pay them?

 No.28820

>>28814
>Tor pass system is suggested. To prevent the node being abused for spam.
Tor isn't the main source of abuse FFS. This is a terrible idea.
>Alternate archive
What's the link?

 No.28821


 No.28822

>>28817
Yes we can.

>>28820
Not now, but large scale raids in the past use TOR. IIRC the raid that came from Thai royalists use TOR. This idea is just a backup in case we get raided and have to turn off TOR but still let people who need it to post still able to post.

 No.28823

>>28822
> This idea is just a backup in case we get raided and have to turn off TOR
Ok, that's not bad

Also be careful with how heavy handed you do your moderation, the other site is relying on that for you to chase away the userbase and make this site unuseable.
Paste /i/res/1351.html to their link and you'll see.

 No.28824

>>28820
Like literally right now ThingNoticer is using TOR to spam.

>>28823
Yea we will try to test it to see if it works before implementing it.

 No.28846

>>28844
Tbh I think it just means that IPs which are flagged as bad faith get banned under a single term. You don’t have to actually spam to get banned for it, it’s the mods way of telling you to fuck off and stop ruining this place.

 No.29033

>>28846
>it’s the mods way of telling you to fuck off and stop preventing them from ruining this place.
ftfy

 No.29101

>>29096
spam is when one IP is posting dumb shit unrelated to the thread trying to incite hostility. I wouldn't comment more in this thread since it is meant to archive meetings.

 No.29134

Mods please keep an eye on leftych*n /i/res/1351 for the love of christ and get the devs working on countermeasures that aren't going to kill this site through heavy-handedness.

 No.29154

>>29134
Lol, their site is so shit they look for any reason to come to us.

However, this thread is for posting notes about the meetings + some limited discussion from anons on the notes.

 No.29731

Meeting Report 10/12/23

>Inclusion of moffy into the dev team


>Checking up on inactive moderators and/or lurking moderators


>check if misato will resume work on their tasks


>anonymous way of sending money is discussed


>NYE-> change calendar to french revolutionary timetable, guillotine the rentier class


>Sindikat's update on making a leftypol sever for minecraft and potential involvement in dev work


Mods Present
Comet Sindikat Subject Wobbly

 No.29732

>>29731
>anonymous way of sending money is discussed
what's this about?

 No.29734

>>29732
In case we need to send money to pay for stuff, like Sindikat's server.

 No.29738

>>29731
>only 4 mods present
>"Checking up on inactive moderators and/or lurking moderators"
Like rats fleeing a sinking ship.

 No.29740

>>29738
I moderate all the time yet don't go to the meetings usually due to laziness etc, chill

 No.29743

>>29738
tbf i barely organized the meeting in time and didn't give the team enough time to prepare.

 No.30849

Meeting Report 26/02/24

-Dev Zankaria is Waiting for upstream Vichan and we need to update php, DB and metawiki.

-Zankaria talking to discomrade for information of the continuity of the tech development

-motion to give Sage a column on the frontpage (joke)

-Misato has a shirt idea. Ask board and Krates and the artist contributors

-Resolution Twitter account holder can start a donation box for additional funds

-Proposed new rules list that will be more ouvert against CSAM and soyjack. Might work on a new consitution. Subject wants more feedback

-Notes on posts before going hard on a user

-Move questionable threads and posts to the /gulag/

-Make warnings more visible and obvious to the offender like a mini ban

-During mod vetting, applicants be put as a janitor

Moderators Present
WVobbly, Zankaria, Misato, Myy, Subject, Comet

 No.30858

>>30849
>
>-Move questionable threads and posts to the /gulag/

>-Make warnings more visible and obvious to the offender like a mini ban

you fuckers banned me for nothing

 No.30859

>>30858
IVE NEVER FUCKING SAMEFAGGED IN MY LIFE. THATS HOW PARANOID YOU FUCKS ARE

 No.30865

>>30858
>>30859
When was this?

 No.30873

>>30865
Yesterday

 No.30878

>>30873
Can you appeal in the appeal thread?


Unique IPs: 22

[Return][Go to top] [Catalog] | [Home][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ home / rules / faq ] [ overboard / sfw / alt ] [ leftypol / siberia / hobby / tech / edu / games / anime / music / draw / AKM ] [ meta / roulette ] [ cytube / wiki / git ] [ GET / ref / marx / booru / zine ]