[ home / rules / faq ] [ overboard / sfw / alt ] [ leftypol / siberia / hobby / tech / edu / games / anime / music / draw / AKM ] [ meta / roulette ] [ cytube / wiki / git ] [ GET / ref / marx / booru / zine ]

/hobby/ - Hobby

"Our hands pass down the skills of the last generation to the next"
Name
Options
Subject
Comment
Flag
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

Join our Matrix Chat <=> IRC: #leftypol on Rizon


File: 1703895797534.jpg (993.31 KB, 1200x1200, vegun.jpg)

 No.38379[Last 50 Posts]

join the based clean arteries gang

 No.38380

Veganism is fascist.

 No.38381

>>38380
Slaughtering the defenceless for your own enjoyment is fascist actually

 No.38382

my comr8 I can barely manage to feed myself eating shit that is already just objectively bad for me in general

 No.38383

>>38382
my fren veggies are cheap, I got a whole 2 bags of groceries for 21$. My secret to prepping them is to toss a bunch in the food processor, chop them up and have a salad mix ready to go. Pair it with rice and some beans/lentils and you are healthy n stronk

 No.38384

>>38383
Veggies may be cheap, but there's a big difference between "veggies" and a nutritionally complete vegan diet.

 No.38385

>>38384
Oh look, it's the 'nutritionally complete' talking point again coming from someone that currently eats the American diet

 No.38386

>>38384
borgors are true nutrition akshually.

 No.38387

>>38386
It's got all the essential food groups, white bread, pink slime, and American cheese-like amalgam

 No.38388

vegans have reduced risk of virtually every disease. cope harder meatcels

 No.38389

>>38385
>>38386
I gave the vegan diet a genuine try actually. I did the research to balance the foods, bought a cookbook, the whole deal. If you actually want to eat properly and vegan it's significantly more effort. Going on a vegan diet is good, if you are able to do it. Advising people that they can just stop eating animal products without further thought can be genuinely dangerous (mainly due to certain nutrient deficiencies), but only and specifically toward people who actually will do what you want people to do…

This is specifically a "vegan fitness" thread. Nutrition is one of the cornerstones of health, so to balk against the subject in a thread about fitness is totally out of place. Somebody cutting animal products out of their diet is not automatically eating healthy, in the same way that somebody on a regular diet who simply stops drinking idk soda is not automatically healthy. Eating nutritious food is generally going to be at least a bit more expensive and require more effort + time investment learning about the subject. If you want to screech about meat eaters go make a veganism general. The original subject line (before moved to /hobby/) was "vegan fitness/bodybuilding." Bodybuilding in particular requires good attention to nutrition, down to things like meal timing. Vegan bodybuilding is 100% doable, but it does require more effort than non-vegan bodybuilding. Arguing otherwise is infantile and only makes the lifestyle choice more unapproachable to people.

 No.38390

I'm already swoletariat. I want to become Vegan but I'm probably going to ease myself into it by cutting out red meat, then white meat, then eggs/dairy, then the rest of it, probably over the course of several years.

 No.38391

give me vegan recipes snacks for weight gain that are good and easy to make

 No.38392

>>38390
Something else you might try is incorporating vegan alternatives starting like 1 day per week so you can adapt that way. It's not going to affect you that much at that rate but it will get you building up the foods you know how to make. Already building up those options will make it easier to do the kind of transition you're talking about.

 No.38393

>liberal OP for a liberal idealism
LMAO

 No.38395

File: 1703910738748-0.jpg (1.31 MB, 1816x1559, Beforevegan.jpg)

File: 1703910738748-1.jpg (945.86 KB, 1717x1458, 1monthpostvegan.jpg)

>>38389
>Advising people that they can just stop eating animal products without further thought can be genuinely dangerous (mainly due to certain nutrient deficiencies)

Continuing to consoom animal products is much worse. It should be stopped cold turkey, I did. I used to eat a crapton of chicken, eggs, and beef to gain mass and last I checked my cholesterol and blood pressure were borderline heart attack levels. I immediately went vegan and feel much better.

To successfully permabulk and actually live a normal lifespan, the only real diet option IS veganism. This is largely why most bodybuilders die of heart attacks at 50, but of course people just solely blame the steroids without ever considering how much they fucked their health by eating a crapton of steaks and chicken every week to maintain their mass. And nutritional deficiencies are far easier than meatcels make it seem, just buy a multivite or a supplement for whatever you'll need. picrel proof

 No.38396

>>38391
i gotchu.

Garbanzo bean salad sammich:
1 can garbanzo beans drained
some vegan mayo and honey mustard
chop some onions
add some relish spices and cranberries
Roughly 500 cals
Mash and put inbetween bread and eat.

overnight oats:
1 cup oats
A few tablespoons of chia seed
1 cup of milk alternative (i like rice)
a bit of coconut yogurt
frozen berries/walnuts/almond butter whatever topping u want
500-600cals depending on what you put

 No.38397

>>38388
holy shit. this might finally do it for me. 13 mins in

 No.38399

i had a really nice falafel pita wrap a few days ago
there was feta cheese in it though so not vegan, just vegetarian

 No.38400

Why does this thread say "Vegan SWOLETARIAT ThreadⓋ" when the original was called "Vegan fitness/bodybuilding thread"?

 No.38402

Unfortunately the driving force of history is conditions of production and not ideas, so animal exploitation will continue until technology renders it obsolete (simultaneously normalizing a vegan morality as a result of the new material conditions) but abstaining from animal products is still very noble and praiseworthy.

Here are some vegan recipes which I make a lot (most meals I eat are vegan, but I still eat dairy occasionally, especially at restaurants):
tofu, rice, and broccoli (or peas)
chickpea curry
lentils and rice (you can put whatever vegetables you have around in this, very convenient and easy)
beans and rice
black bean burrito
lentil soup
black bean soup
falafel and rice with some vegetable (broccoli and brussel sprouts are my favorites)

Put garlic, onion, and tomato in everything you eat, eat lots of legumes, and eat a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. I didn't really start getting into nutrition or cooking until after I stopped eating meat, and it was one of the best decisions in my life. I highly recommend eating a varied, mostly plant-based diet of whole foods, with lots of vegetables and legumes. It's cheaper, healthier, more ethical, and better for the environment than your typical diet.

>>38399
There are two pita places near me, and 99% of the time I go to one of them if I want to eat but I don't want to cook. I could eat falafel pita wraps with hummus, cucumber, and tomato every single day of my life. It's so fucking good.

 No.38404

File: 1703968439511.png (824.24 KB, 1066x959, ClipboardImage.png)

>>38388
Finished this video. It was a great ride. Particularly good summary is at 48:08 when this pops up:

>yellow = vegan diet prevents this cause of death

>cyan = vegan diet can treat this cause of death
>red = vegan diet can reverse this cause of death

 No.38405

>>38404
None of those are yellow.

 No.38407


>>38395
I doubt chicken is why people have heart attacks. Saturated fat is the real problem, not meat itself

 No.38409


 No.38410

>>38404
>>38388
Dawg, being vegan is good and all but you are extremely naive if you actually believe this is true. This kind of worship of veganism as a magic bullet scares the normies away because they can smell the cult brain on you. This isn't even the actual claim being made in the video or the studies. "Can help prevent" or "can help treat" DOES NOT MEAN that it's going to fix you (especially not by itself). Mitigating risk factors is not the same thing as "preventing" a cause of death, let alone reversing one. And that's to say nothing of the way he frames the question of diet vs medication, as if diet can be a complete replacement for medication when it absolutely cannot.

This man (Michael Greger) is widely known to exaggerate his claims, cherrypick data, and has named his non-profit in a way that is clearly intended to make people think it's associated with the Nutrition Facts labels on food, to make it seem more legitimate. Vegan diets absolutely can be healthier than standard diets, but this shit is dishonest, irresponsible, and bad for veganism. It is primarily going to make current vegans feel validated and make veganism appear more cultish towards outsiders.

 No.38411

>>38407
Chicken has a ton of saturated fat, especially at the quantities that a bodybuilder qould eat to gain or maintain mass. And dietary cholesterol in chicken is insanely high, though the science is still hazy on whether its a direct link

>>38410
Im not being cultish, I ate meat up until a month ago. The proof is in the pudding though, the meal plan I had with meat was fucking my cholesterol and blood pressure and it is a scientific fact that animal products are the cause of cholesterol.

I created a vegan meal plan instead and am eating roughly the same calories without the negative health effects. Why would I ever go back to eating meat aside for 'taste,' which I dont care about? Ive been bbing a while so switching up diets is easy for me, it just takes a tiny bit more effort to make the vegan meal plan as opposed to the meat one. And the recommended amount of protein that bodybuilders tout is BS, natural bodybuilders dont need that much and the only thing they'll do by eating that much meat is give themselves a heart attack early which is pretty common. You can get the same amount of protein easy with lentils/beans/chickpeas so its all good

 No.38412

>>38402
>I didn't really start getting into nutrition or cooking until after I stopped eating meat, and it was one of the best decisions in my life. I highly recommend eating a varied, mostly plant-based diet of whole foods, with lots of vegetables and legumes.
Same, I agree. I'm only a month in and feel the same way. My skin is already glowing and my blood pressure dropped. I used to wake up with headaches and shit and that stopped. Though ngl, I feel bad because I already feel like I probably fucked my health and arteries already.

I dont like red lentils much, but split chickpeas are great. Garbanzo beans and hummus veggie wraps are good too. I add some avocados and hummus with cucumbers tomatos and red onions for a quick 500 calorie wrap

 No.38415

>>38410
>Dawg, being vegan is good and all but you are extremely naive if you actually believe this is true.
No need to "believe" anything since the research and evidence was presented throughout

 No.38416

>>38410
>This isn't even the actual claim being made in the video or the studies.
That is what the color coding corresponded to. Watch the video. The highlighting isn't something I added. He marked yellow each one veganism prevents (as in lowers risk), marked cyan each one veganism treats (as in makes less bad), and marked red each one veganism reverses (as in helps you recover from).
> "Can help prevent" or "can help treat" DOES NOT MEAN that it's going to fix you
good thing I didn't say that
>Mitigating risk factors is not the same thing as "preventing" a cause of death, let alone reversing one.
I was using the word "prevent" as in the sense of "preventative care" which means the same thing as mitigating risk factors. Just watch the video. I'm using the word "prevent" in the same way as the medical doctor giving the presentation did.
>This kind of worship of veganism as a magic bullet scares the normies away because they can smell the cult brain on you.
I'm not even a vegan, nor do I worship veganism as a "magic bullet". I'm considering becoming one. how am I "scaring normies" away from a "cult" when in fact I'm a "normie" who is considering becoming vegan? I was literally commenting on the video because it convinced me to become vegan. Yet you're accusing a person who's considering becoming vegan of scaring people away from veganism? you make no sense.

 No.38417

>>38405
Everything except #5 has a yellow highlight. It might look slightly greener than that to you because of the blue tint of the screen and the darkness of the room.

 No.38421

>Chicken has a ton of saturated fat
I love good broscience presented confidently. This thread is not it. Saturated fat is not in itself unhealthy. Eating sugar or processed foods while saturated fat is also part of your diet, while living an inactive lifestyle, is unhealthy. 90% of americans eat sugar, processed foods and live an inactive lifestyle.
Why is everyone on the board talking about "bodybuilders"? They are dumb extremists. There's a whole world of healthy sport, bodybuilders are 0.5% of it. Your local box gym is not health. Outdoor yoga and some vanity pressups before an outdoor lunch, ideally with company, is health.

 No.38428

>>38421
>Saturated fat is not in itself unhealthy
lmao. ok eat a gallon of ice cream every day and follow up with some bloodwork in a year.
>90% of americans eat sugar, processed foods and live an inactive lifestyle.
Yes the burgers are the shining example, the epitome of health and fitness. their saturated fat consumption has nothing to do with half of their country being lardasses and dying of strokes.
>yoga is health
>broscience
>just exercise brooo
Seems like the saturated fat is already clogging ur braincells

 No.38429

File: 1704059091378.jpg (18.48 KB, 300x316, robot.jpg)

>>38428
>>Saturated fat is not in itself unhealthy [omitted part] Eating sugar or processed foods while saturated fat is also part of your diet, while living an inactive lifestyle, is unhealthy
>lmao. ok eat a gallon of ice cream every day and follow up with some bloodwork in a year.
Ice cream (in almost all cases) has both sugar and saturated fat in large amounts. That's exactly what anon was talking about.
>hurr durr is fat clogging ur brain?
Did you run out of blood sugar before you could finish reading the post?

 No.38430

>>38429
>Ice cream (in almost all cases) has both sugar and saturated fat in large amounts. That's exactly what anon was talking about
Ok eat a pack of bacon every day then and see how healthy you get, no sugar but tons of saturated fat.

What kind of retarded argument is that, "hurr durr its not saturated fat its just the other stuff that comes with it." Every food has multiple ingredients in it, the problem is the saturated fat and more specifically saturated fat from meat since it raises bad cholesterol without raising the good.
>Did you run out of blood sugar before you could finish reading the post?
The diabetic retinopathy have you incapable of reading between lines?

 No.38431

>>38429
"People whose diets contain relatively little palmitic and stearic acid – saturated fats composed of 16 or more carbon atoms (longer-chain saturated fats) that are typically found in meats – and eat plant-based proteins instead have decreased chances of myocardial infarction."

 No.38433

File: 1704062054107.png (1.01 MB, 1920x1920, ClipboardImage.png)


 No.38434

>>38433
Isn't it possible that the very poor in India are just less likely to get diagnosed and/or the life expectancy is lower so not as many cancers in older people? I'm sure bad diet also plays a role though.

 No.38435

File: 1704065026995.png (1.67 MB, 2220x1248, veganism.png)

Argument presented against/restrictions on veganism itt:
>It's costly
<One in time, seeing how you need to research to make a nutritious diet so you don't do "Chips and beer veganism", plus time to research how to cook that stuff
<But also in actual cost, which goes hand in hand on the time issue since you need to research the sources of cheap food
<Both issues, which can be over come, are massive hurdles that only privliged people can really accomplish. A situation as low income high hour workers, or those not in food deserts – will prevent them from being vegans.
>This is also ignoring that the junk food is designed to be addictive as possible, and is defended on the nonsense of will power – (it's easier to stop yourself from eating cookies when you're not in the room with the treats than it is to be in the room with them).
>These issues, again, not impossible to overcome – are overclocked in building a diet that can sustain massive exercise.
>Also veganism has an issue on hype

Incomplete issue mentioned: >>38380
Idk if issue is similar to the nonsense of overpopulation, or shitpost, idk lol.


The COUNTERS get ready folks!
Here. We. Go!
>>38381
Straw man that kill animals for just enjoyment.
Also inadvertaly plays pro-life crap of pretending that animals are observed as an equal to human as if this is an argument that hasn't been made yet.

>>38383
Insanely incomplete diet explanation, and repsonse that is a local solution

>>38385
Straw man, and also fucking mental breakdown, of someone DARING to wanting to have a complete diet! Anti-porn level behavior.

>>38387
Straw man on burger meat being the exact same as the ones used in McDonalds. Also, no understanding that the big issue is the sides.

>>38388
Failed to argue position, drops video instead of explaining args in video, inadvertently admitting they don't know themselfs.

>>38395
Fails to respond to transition of the diet. Because when you switch to veganism you magically know everything needed to succeed in second.
>To successfully permabulk and actually live a normal lifespan, the only real diet option IS veganism. This is largely why most bodybuilders die of heart attacks at 50
<No backing
>but of course people just solely blame the steroids without ever considering how much they fucked their health by eating a crapton of steaks and chicken every week to maintain their mass
<Because considering that people have eaten chicken for thousands of years did not cause issues until steroids came into the picture is irrational.
>And nutritional deficiencies are far easier than meatcels make it seem, just buy a multivite or a supplement for whatever you'll need. picrel proof
<The vegan diet is possible! But also you need vitamins so it's actually not possible and we're lieing. WEEEEEEEEEEE veganism best diet!!!!!!!!

>>38402
Has issue like >>38381 on just humanizing the animals already.
Still good post.

>>38404
I'm a no life, so I'll watch the video at some point – that said, this is a very incomplete image that doesn't justify veganism.
Further, these benefits gained because veganism is incompatable with, lets say, eating pink slim, something that also can be done with diets that include meat?
The red flag shines brightly: "prevents diabes" – fucking why? Sugar is vegan, that will fuck you up. Fucking christ.

>>38409
>Dead video.
Lmao. Fucking use yt-dlp, or PRESENT the arguments from the video, fucking loser.

>>38411
>The proof is in the pudding though
<Except your pudding is at your house
<Except "though the science is still hazy on whether its a direct link"
<Except "I created a vegan meal plan instead and am eating roughly the same calories without the negative health effects" even though this pudding is no where on this page, or the pudding that others can create it.

>>38415
Similar issues with >>38404 and >>38409

>>38428
This: >>38429 highlights it, but it was an incomplete comment.
Saturated fats aren't just in junk food – such as coconut – and as such the problem is that junk food.
Maybe talk to a NUTRIONist before acting smug.

>>38430
Straw man argument eating bacon is given the okay to eat because saturated fats aren't being blindly comdemed.
>What kind of retarded argument is that, "hurr durr its not saturated fat its just the other stuff that comes with it."
Veganisms weakness: people being allowed to research.

>>38431
From where?
How does it answer about saturated fats that aren't just in meat?
Is this quote even correct?
Answer: Lol!

>>38433
No argument presented on India's diet, strawman on if not Indian diet ergo eat Mcdonalds only.
Good response: >>38434


Holy shit, you'd think these posts were made by people who wanted to slander veganism.
Obviously, not all vegans, even some in this thread were good – but holy shit, actually get help levels of brain damage.
That wasn't a joke, get help

 No.38436

>>38434
That is a factor to be sure. Another is that India is less industrialized and that people are less exposed to carcinogens in general. Another is that a lot of Indians aren't getting diagnosed with these kinds of diseases either. There are a lot of confounding factors in research like this.

 No.38437

>>38435
>noOoOoo everythings a strawman!!!
Man meatcels really are brainlets. Seems like u already livin that stroke life

 No.38438

>>38435
how much do you weigh and do u even lift fatty?

 No.38439

>>38435
These are some terrible arguments against veganism in the orange text. Only the privileged can buy groceries and cook? and fruits/grains/veggies are always cheaper than animal products

 No.38440

>>38439
Not when you consider the nutritional value in relation to money cost. imagine paying more for less nutrients, which is what vegans do.

Vegans also have to supplement their nutritional lackings with supplements.

 No.38441

Also, ive seen many vegans give themselves diabetes. They supplant essential meats for excess fruits and grain, which gives them diabetes.

 No.38442

>>38440
>imagine paying more for less nutrients, which is what vegans do.
They don't though.
>Vegans also have to supplement their nutritional lackings with supplements.
Supplements are cheap.

 No.38443

File: 1704080944360.png (118.45 KB, 1267x707, ClipboardImage.png)

>>38441
> ive seen many vegans give themselves diabetes
you probably haven't "seen" a single vegan give themselves diabetes. You probably don't even know a single vegan. You probably are just repeating shitty talking points you heard. The only vegans who end up with diabetes are the ones who eat too many sweets instead of vegetables.

>They supplant essential meats for excess fruits and grain


Meats aren't essential and excess grain/fruit is bad whether you're vegan or not. Eat the vegetables.

>meat is essential cuz uh uh uh muh protein

eat some nuts

 No.38444

File: 1704081310547.png (204.76 KB, 1268x673, ClipboardImage.png)

>>38441
>>38443
Sources cited btw :^)

36. Fraser GE. Vegetarian diets: what do we know of their effects on common chronic diseases? Am J Clin Nutr. 2009;89(5):1607S–1612S.
37. Tonstad S, Stewart K, Oda K, Batech M, Herring RP, Fraser GE. Vegetarian diets and incidence of diabetes in the Adventist Health Study-2. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2013;23(4):292–9.
38. Nolan CJ, Larter CZ. Lipotoxicity: why do saturated fatty acids cause and monounsaturates protect against it? J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;24(5):703–6.
39. Evans WJ. Oxygen-carrying proteins in meat and risk of diabetes mellitus. JAMA Intern Med. 2013;173(14):1335–6.
40. Egnatchik RA, Leamy AK, Jacobson DA, Shiota M, Young JD. ER calcium release promotes mitochondrial dysfunction and hepatic cell lipotoxicity in response to palmitate overload. Mol Metab. 2014;3(5):544–53.
41. Estadella D, da Penha Oller do Nascimento CM, Oyama LM, Ribeiro EB, Dâmaso AR, de Piano A. Lipotoxicity: effects of dietary saturated and transfatty acids. Mediators Inflamm. 2013;2013:137579.
42. Perseghin G, Scifo P, De Cobelli F, et al. Intramyocellular triglyceride content is a determinant of in vivo insulin resistance in humans: a 1H-13C nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy assessment in offspring of type 2 diabetic parents. Diabetes. 1999;48(8):1600–6.
43. Nolan CJ, Larter CZ. Lipotoxicity: why do saturated fatty acids cause and monounsaturates protect against it? J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;24(5):703–6.
44. Goff LM, Bell JD, So PW, Dornhorst A, Frost GS. Veganism and its relationship with insulin resistance and intramyocellular lipid. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2005;59(2):291–8.
45. Gojda J, Patková J, Jacek M, et al. Higher insulin sensitivity in vegans is not associated with higher mitochondrial density. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2013;67(12):1310–5.
46. Goff LM, Bell JD, So PW, Dornhorst A, Frost GS. Veganism and its relationship with insulin resistance and intramyocellular lipid. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2005;59(2):291–8.
47. Papanikolaou Y, Fulgoni VL. Bean consumption is associated with greater nutrient intake, reduced systolic blood pressure, lower body weight, and a smaller waist circumference in adults: results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1999–2002. J Am Coll Nutr. 2008;27(5): 569–76.
48. Mollard RC, Luhovyy BL, Panahi S, Nunez M, Hanley A, Anderson GH. Regular consumption of pulses for 8 weeks reduces metabolic syndrome risk factors in overweight and obese adults. Br J Nutr. 2012;108 Suppl 1:S111–22.
49. Cnop M, Hughes SJ, Igoillo-Esteve M, et al. The long lifespan and low turnover of human islet beta cells estimated by mathematical modelling of lipofuscin accumulation. Diabetologia. 2010;53(2):321–30.
50. Taylor R. Banting Memorial lecture 2012: reversing the twin cycles of type 2 diabetes. Diabet Med. 2013;30(3):267–75.
51. Cunha DA, Igoillo-Esteve M, Gurzov EN, et al. Death protein 5 and p53-upregulated modulator of apoptosis mediate the endoplasmic reticulum stress-mitochondrial dialog triggering lipotoxic rodent and human ß-cell apoptosis. Diabetes. 2012;61(11):2763–75.
52. Cnop M, Hannaert JC, Grupping AY, Pipeleers DG. Low density lipoprotein can cause death of islet beta-cells by its cellular uptake and oxidative modification. Endocrinology. 2002;143(9):3449–53.
53. Maedler K, Oberholzer J, Bucher P, Spinas GA, Donath MY. Monounsaturated fatty acids prevent the deleterious effects of palmitate and high glucose on human pancreatic beta-cell turnover and function. Diabetes. 2003;52(3):726–33.
54. Xiao C, Giacca A, Carpentier A, Lewis GF. Differential effects of monounsaturated, polyunsaturated and saturated fat ingestion on glucose-stimulated insulin secretion, sensitivity and clearance in overweight and obese, non-diabetic humans. Diabetologia. 2006;49(6):1371–9.
55. Wang L, Folsom AR, Zheng ZJ, Pankow JS, Eckfeldt JH. Plasma fatty acid composition and incidence of diabetes in middle-aged adults: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) Study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2003;78(1):91–8.
56. Cunha DA, Igoillo-Esteve M, Gurzov EN, et al. Death protein 5 and p53-upregulated modulator of apoptosis mediate the endoplasmic reticulum stress-mitochondrial dialog triggering lipotoxic rodent and human ß-cell apoptosis. Diabetes. 2012;61(11):2763–75.

 No.38445

>>38435
>Has issue like >>38381 on just humanizing the animals already.
Animals don't need to be exactly like humans to be worthy of moral consideration. It would indeed be anthropomorphization to demand that animals have the right to vote, or that they should pay taxes, but to deny them the status of moral patienthood altogether is spurious. The claim that animal agriculture is immoral is justified by the immense suffering endured by animals in factory farms. The reason it's wrong to cause suffering to animals is the same as the reason why it's wrong to cause suffering to humans, because suffering is terrible. No humanization is necessary to oppose cruelty to pigs and cows, just like no humanization is necessary to oppose cruelty to cats and dogs.

>Straw man that kill animals for just enjoyment.

I guess farm animals are slaughtered for profit, not enjoyment, but I hardly see how that justifies anything. And you don't need to value an animal life the same as a human life to oppose killing animals. I don't value the life of my pet bunny as much as the life of my mother, but I'd rather not kill either one.

 No.38446

>>38442
>Supplements are cheap.
vegans are paypigs who must consume supplements to survive.
>They don't though.
They do. They pay more money for less calories.
>>38444
none of this is credible because this "research" is entirely flawed. Chiefly due to poor sampling. All of this is biased as well, as the vegan corporations sponsor this pseudoscience.

>eat some nuts

Vegans are actually more likely to get diabetes, because they must eat extra beans and nuts (which contains carbohydrates, which causes diabetes in excess amounts) to cope with their nutritionally and economically inefficient diets

 No.38447

>>38446
It's almost certain you should eat supplements too fatboy. Almost nobody has a perfect diet.

 No.38448

>>38446
>They do. They pay more money for less calories.

Clearly the best food is rice then which is vegan, if only calories per dollar matters.

 No.38449

>>38444
This is ad-hominem fallacy. You attack myself rather than my statements. I am a bodybuilder and my diet is optimized for peak performance.
>>38448
Excess rice consumption will likely cause diabetes, as excess carbs must be processed by the body.

 No.38450

File: 1704082161819.jpg (475.77 KB, 1062x958, Datebars.jpg)

>>38444
I started eating only red lentils, split chickpeas and garbanzo beans in place of all the meat and I lost 6lbs in the first few weeks without doing anything else. Most of it was belly fat and it seemed like some might have even been visceral fat since I have a less bloaty look now. EET DA LEGUMES

Good recipe for date powerbars I use. Just sub the white choco chips with ones with no milk.

 No.38451

>>38449
peak performance at what? lifting weights and putting them back down as opposed to life?

 No.38452

>>38446
>Supplements are cheap.
vegans are paypigs who must consume supplements to survive.

As opposed to meatcels who consoom borgors and preprocessed garbage microwave meals pushed by multibillion dollar corpos? And supplements are cheaper than statins or heartmeds that meat eaters and disgusting burger lardos constantly take, making the taxpayer subsidize their fatasses just so they can cart themselves around walmart

>They do. They pay more money for less calories.


Veggies, oats and rice and even avocados are far cheaper than meat.
>none of this is credible because this "research" is entirely flawed. Chiefly due to poor sampling. All of this is biased as well, as the vegan corporations sponsor this pseudoscience.

The meat and egg and dairy industry fabricated the food pyramid to get rubes like you to consoom meat.

>Vegans are actually more likely to get diabetes, because they must eat extra beans and nuts (which contains carbohydrates, which causes diabetes in excess amounts) to cope with their nutritionally and economically inefficient diets


Imagine thinking beans and nuts have more carbs than the average meatcel consooms with their burgers, cheesesteaks and pizza. Large sodas and meat always coupled with copious amounts of simple carbohydrates like whitebread.

 No.38453

>>38451
>as opposed to
uygha you stupid

 No.38454

>>38449
You do know that excess protein is converted into carbs too… right? Right!?

 No.38455

>>38452
>Imagine thinking beans and nuts have more carbs than the average meatcel consooms with their burgers, cheesesteaks and pizza
Are you on drugs right now, or do you actually live in some weird rural American Walmart town where they serve [quote]pizza[/quote] to kids for lunch every day?

 No.38456

>>38449
> I am a bodybuilder and my diet is optimized for peak performance.
Yeah because peak performance is just standing around and lifting a dumbell. If you did any real athletics youd drop dead from a heart attack or would gas out since you've fucked ur arteries and VO2 max

 No.38457

>>38455
they literally served pizza for lunch everyday at my school retard

 No.38458

File: 1704083341987-0.jpg (261.41 KB, 1200x1200, Meatrate.jpg)

File: 1704083341987-1.png (396.75 KB, 6536x3088, Obesityrate.png)

Totally not the lard making everyone a lardass guys!!!!!

 No.38459

>>38457
oh shit. my condolences, comrade. that is literal child abuse.
normal (western) humans have, like, sandwiches and fruit and nuts and shit packed for school lunch.

 No.38460

>>38459
Sorry bud, this was in America in a rich suburbanoid neighborhood so cope harder. Guaranteed thirdies have better diets than westernoid disgusting slobs ever would. I cant even shop outside without my eyes being assaulted by obese hogs taking up the whole aisle. America should be nuked

 No.38461

>>38446
>vegans are paypigs who must consume supplements to survive.
nope
>They do. They pay more money for less calories.
nope
>>38446
>none of this is credible because this "research" is entirely flawed. Chiefly due to poor sampling. All of this is biased as well, as the vegan corporations sponsor this pseudoscience.
the book was written by a medical doctor and the meat industry is far more influential and puts out far more propaganda than the "vegan corporations"
>Vegans are actually more likely to get diabetes
No. they're 78% less likely

 No.38462

>>38449
>This is ad-hominem fallacy.
I cited a bunch of sources and responded directly to your statements about diabetes
>I am a body builder
lots of bodybuilders die young from heart attacks due to the excess cholesterol they eat to maintain mass

 No.38463

>>38460
That doesn't make me cope, it makes stare forward and contemplate the future of our species.
Fuckin capitalism, man.

 No.38464

>>38444
that screenshot isnt actually science. it is pseudo-science, which vegans are very prone to falling victim to.
<Reducing belly fat may be the best way to prevent pre-diabetics from turning into full-blown diabetes
Incorrect. Reducing carb intake is the precise solution. Legumes are high in carb content. This is actually bad advice for pre-diabetics: telling them to change nothing, except eat MORE carbs, LOL. refuted utterly
>>38451
living longer and healthier than the starving vegans. Being more sexually attractive than i'd be on a shitty vegan diet. Saving money and not giving myself diabetes from a shitty rice and bean vegan diet.
>>38456
Youre just seething. my cardio is literally peak level. I run a 5 minute mile easily.
>>38454
This is incorrect. Some energy from protein catabolism is used to form glucose.
>>38452
>As opposed to meatcels who consoom borgors and preprocessed garbage microwave meals pushed by multibillion dollar corpos? And supplements are cheaper than statins or heartmeds that meat eaters and disgusting burger lardos constantly take, making the taxpayer subsidize their fatasses just so they can cart themselves around walmart
This is textbook straw man fallacy. I eat the finest omnivore cuisine, not that garbage. I can just as easily point out the fact that most vegans eat like shit, because their weak and failing bodies clearly demonstrate this. They consume too many carbs and give themselves diabetes. Their b-12 deficiency rots their brains, giving them dementia. They tend to have bones like swiss cheese due to their chronic calcium deficiency. Their hair always falls out prematurely and their skin becomes dry and irritated because they get no omega-3. They tend to become suicidal after a while, due chronic hormonal imbalances and having no money thanks to their shitty and expensive vegan diets. They chronically suffer from anemia as well, thanks to iron deficiency.
>Veggies, oats and rice and even avocados are far cheaper than meat.
Meat has zero carbs. That shit has carbs. That shit gives you diabetes. Meat does not, though the vegans are forced to grasp at straws to futilely attempt to dispute these facts.
>The meat and egg and dairy industry fabricated the food pyramid to get rubes like you to consoom meat.
The vegan types while malding, as he chokes, consooming his supplements
>Imagine thinking beans and nuts have more carbs than the average meatcel consooms with their burgers, cheesesteaks and pizza. Large sodas and meat always coupled with copious amounts of simple carbohydrates like whitebread.
Beans, nuts, fruits, etc. give the vegans diabetes, because they are forced into consuming excess amounts of them to survive, thanks to their shitty vegan diet.
>>38462
>I cited a bunch of sources and responded directly to your statements about diabetes
I refute all of them, and your statements, directly.
>lots of bodybuilders die young from heart attacks due to the excess cholesterol they eat to maintain mass
Lots of vegans die young as well. The many causes of which are expounded upon above.

 No.38465

>>38463
when I visited SEA, literally everyone was normal weight opposed to the US. Their diet consisted of eating their locally grown food obtained from their farmers market, they made it fresh everyday, always had some local veggies on their plate, meat was expensive so always small portion of it and smaller portions in general, and they walked around more. Grocery stores in the west are filled with cheap processed crap, in SEA the processed crap was too expensive for the locals (which was a blessing in disguise for them). In yuro half the ingredients that are in mericas stores are banned and what we would consider 'premium' foods that wed find overpriced in whole foods or someshit they had in their normal grocery stores. Burgers are just more brutal and late stage with their capitalism

 No.38466

>>38464
Literally insane. yes because the group most known for diabetes is… vegans. Lmao retard.
>This is incorrect. Some energy from protein catabolism is used to form glucose
And what do you think glucose is retard? So is it still incorrect?

>starving vegans. Being more sexually attractive than i'd be on a shitty vegan diet

Muh starving vegan. As if you know a vegan cant just simply.. eat more? And gtfo out of here with attractive, you're skin is probably trash and have bacne all over.

>Meat has zero carbs. That shit has carbs. That shit gives you diabetes. Meat does not, though the vegans are forced to grasp at straws to futilely attempt to dispute these fact

Literally retarded. Pecans have less than 1g net carb. I bet you dont even know what net carb means. TVP and tofu have about the same. Low carb vegan diets exist too.

Also keep seething about carbs and following broscience and eating unnecessary amounts of protein and having it convert to fat.

 No.38467

>>38464
I show you several studies and evidence that vegans have lower rates of diabetes and all you can say is "lol pseudoscience."

meanwhile you simultaneously say vegans don't get enough carbs, but that legumes are too heavy in carbs and therefore vegans are diabetics.

 No.38468

>>38465
>visited SEA
A street food dream. Seriously, communal eating and street food are two of my ideal dreams. Not only much better (in most cases) than most Western commercial ready-to-eat foods, but so damn cheap. Cheaper than industrial slop.

 No.38469

* and I'm jealous. Never been SEA

 No.38470

>>38464
>Lots of vegans die young as well
source? at a higher rate than most people? seriously doubt it.
>The many causes of which are expounded upon above.
Cite a single source. I cite sources but you just vomit out the word "pseudoscience" in response
If vegans die young it's because of shit unrelated to veganism like drugs/alcohol/not enough exercise/not eating enough/eating too much. technically alcohol is vegan but any vegan will tell you alcohol is bad for you. veganism isn't a magic bullet. you still have to use common sense. Technically a lot of peanut butters are vegan, but you shouldn't just eat peanut butter all day. That's a good way to get diabetes.


>This is textbook straw man fallacy. I eat the finest omnivore cuisine, not that garbage. I can just as easily point out the fact that most vegans eat like shit, because their weak and failing bodies clearly demonstrate this. They consume too many carbs and give themselves diabetes. Their b-12 deficiency rots their brains, giving them dementia. They tend to have bones like swiss cheese due to their chronic calcium deficiency. Their hair always falls out prematurely and their skin becomes dry and irritated because they get no omega-3. They tend to become suicidal after a while, due chronic hormonal imbalances and having no money thanks to their shitty and expensive vegan diets. They chronically suffer from anemia as well, thanks to iron deficiency.

It's funny you bring up B-12 deficiency. I was diagnosed with a genetic B-12 deficiency and even when I ate tons of eggs and shit it didn't help because my gut wasn't absorbing it. I had to get shots and sublingual supplements. It was totally unrelated to my diet because I ate a ton of sources of B-12, both Vegan and non-vegan.

 No.38471

>>38464
>This is textbook straw man fallacy. I eat the finest omnivore cuisine, not that garbage. I can just as easily point out the fact that most vegans eat like shit, because their weak and failing bodies clearly demonstrate this. They consume too many carbs and give themselves diabetes. Their b-12 deficiency rots their brains, giving them dementia. They tend to have bones like swiss cheese due to their chronic calcium deficiency. Their hair always falls out prematurely and their skin becomes dry and irritated because they get no omega-3.
You really just come across as an illiterate brainlet who doesnt know shit about nutrition, which is not surprising since youre a meat eater. Nutritional yeast has more b12 than many meats and kale has more bioavailable calcium than milk. Anything else you want to cry about?

 No.38473

>>38466
>Literally insane. yes because the group most known for diabetes is… vegans. Lmao retard.
The vegan group is most known for starving themselves and their children to death.
>And what do you think glucose is retard? So is it still incorrect?
Do you actually believe that glucose = carbs??? Retard. "Excess" protein is NOT transformed into carbs and carbohydrates are NOT glucose. Therefore, it IS incorrect.
>As if you know a vegan cant just simply.. eat more?
This would simply accelerate their diabetes, and they still wouldn't even be getting the essential nutrients from their food alone.
>And gtfo out of here with attractive, you're skin is probably trash and have bacne all over.
Ad-hominem fallacy. Every vegan I've ever seen is both unattractive and mentally ill, mainly due to the fact that their bodies are failing them due to lack of nutrients. Vegans often do have bacne, because they lack nutrients which maintain healthy skin. These problems stop immediately when vegans start getting their nutrients naturally.
>Literally retarded. Pecans have less than 1g net carb. I bet you dont even know what net carb means. TVP and tofu have about the same. Low carb vegan diets exist too.
>Also keep seething about carbs and following broscience and eating unnecessary amounts of protein and having it convert to fat.
It isn't your fault. You are vegan and your brain is in decay this very moment - lest you take your supplements. Continue eating your overpriced animal feed and telling yourself that you actually are eating healthy.
>>38470
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/vegan-mom-gets-life-starvation-death-18-month-old-son-rcna45498
This is your baby on veganism. Give a human a shitty vegan diet from birth - instead of the optimal omnivore diet - and they will always die faster.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7370013/
<Background: Vegetarian and vegan weaning have increasing popularity among parents and families. However, if not correctly managed, they may lead to wrong feeding regimens, causing severe nutritional deficiencies requiring specific nutritional support or even the need for hospitalization. Aim: To assess the prevalence of vegetarian and vegan weaning among Italian families and to provide an up-to-date narrative review of supporting evidence. Materials and methods: We investigated 360 Italian families using a 40-item questionnaire. The narrative review was conducted searching scientific databases for articles reporting on vegetarian and vegan weaning. Results: 8.6% of mothers follow an alternative feeding regimen and 9.2% of infants were weaned according to a vegetarian or vegan diet. The breastfeeding duration was longer in vegetarian/vegan infants (15.8 vs. 9.7 months; p < 0.0001). Almost half of parents (45.2%) claim that their pediatrician was unable to provide sufficient information and adequate indications regarding unconventional weaning and 77.4% of parents reported the pediatrician’s resistance towards alternative weaning methods. Nine studies were suitable for the review process. The vast majority of authors agree on the fact that vegetarian and vegan weaning may cause severe nutritional deficiencies, whose detrimental effects are particularly significant in the early stages of life. Discussion and conclusion: Our results show that alternative weaning methods are followed by a significant number of families; in half of the cases, the family pediatrician was not perceived as an appropriate guide in this delicate process. To date, consistent findings to support both the safety and feasibility of alternative weaning methods are still lacking. Since the risk of nutritional deficiencies in the early stages of life is high, pediatricians have a pivotal role in guiding parents and advising them on the most appropriate and complete diet regimen during childhood. Efforts should be made to enhance nutritional understanding among pediatricians as an unsupervised vegetarian or vegan diet can cause severe nutritional deficiencies with possible detrimental long-term effects.
>>38471
>Nutritional yeast has more b12 than many meats and kale has more bioavailable calcium than milk.
<Nutritional values for nutritional yeast vary from one manufacturer to another. On average, two tablespoons (about 30 ml) provides 60 calories with five grams of carbohydrates
<Raw kale is composed of 84% water, 9% carbohydrates, 4% protein, and 1% fat (table).
Enjoy your diabetes. Imagine eating carbs by the spoonful. Don't you now see how your shitty vegan diet forces you into either diabetes or imminent bodily failure? I have proven how vegans are demonstrably nutritionally illiterate.

 No.38474

>>38473
Lastly, consooming more kale wont help your hair grow back, or get rid of your vegan bacne. You gotta take those supplements or quit your vegan diet.

 No.38475

>>38473
Yeah some crunchy herbal retard feeding their baby only mashed potato or whatever is clearly representative of all vegans

 No.38476

>>38475
Find me one vegan baby that lived past 5

 No.38477

>>38476
Are you aware that babies are supposed to drink their mother's milk? How do you expect them to randomly die without animal products?

Oh never mind, you're clearly just trolling at this point

 No.38478

>>38473
>if not correctly managed
so, skill issue

 No.38479

>>38478
"managed correctly" actually means giving your baby the nutrients which a vegan diet lacks. This could be accomplished more easily by just not being vegan.
>>38477
Excellent point. Vegan parents MUST pay more just to keep their kids breathing.

 No.38480

>>38473
>Do you actually believe that glucose = carbs??? Retard. "Excess" protein is NOT transformed into carbs and carbohydrates are NOT glucose. Therefore, it IS incorrect.
what a retard, as expected. go read the wiki or do a definition search of glucose brainlet.

>The vegan group is most known for starving themselves and their children to death.

Most known by whom? By you and you alone?

>This would simply accelerate their diabetes, and they still wouldn't even be getting the essential nutrients from their food alone

Vegans dont have a high diabetes rate sperg. Cry harder.
>Every vegan I've ever seen is both unattractive and mentally ill, mainly due to the fact that their bodies are failing them due to lack of nutrients.
This is how I know you're lying. You can't just 'see' a vegan by looking at them, you wouldnt know whose vegan or not when passing them on the street.

>It isn't your fault. You are vegan and your brain is in decay this very moment - lest you take your supplements. Continue eating your overpriced animal feed and telling yourself that you actually are eating healthy

Yeah you got proven wrong like a retard with lard for brain so now youre just crying. Cry harder meatlet.

>This is your baby on veganism. Give a human a shitty vegan diet from birth - instead

Yeah it was totally the vegan diet that killed the children and not the…child abuse. Kill yourself you disingenuous illiterate cretin.
> I have proven how vegans are demonstrably
Yeah we should totally listen to you on diabetes, the retard who doesn't know what a carbohydrate is. Just lmao. Kill yourself

 No.38482

>>38473
>Do you actually believe that glucose = carbs??? Retard
You have to be trolling

 No.38485

>>38482
this mf is all over the place. one minute he says vegans are starving. the next he says they eat too many carbs.

 No.38488

File: 1704096817062.png (79.48 KB, 438x633, ClipboardImage.png)

>>38389
> Eating nutritious food is generally going to be at least a bit more expensive
>>38464
>They tend to become suicidal after a while, due chronic hormonal imbalances and having no money thanks to their shitty and expensive vegan diets.

 No.38489

File: 1704097191360.png (93.5 KB, 452x714, ClipboardImage.png)

>>38464
>they get no omega-3
not useful
<After putting all the studies together, researchers concluded that there was no longer justification for the use of omega-3s in everyday clinical practice.18 What should doctors do when their patients follow the American Heart Association’s advice and inquire about fish oil supplements? As the director of Lipids and Metabolism at Mount Sinai’s cardiovascular institute put it: “Given this and other negative meta-analyses, our job [as doctors] should be to stop highly marketed fish oil supplementation to all our patients . . .”19

 No.38490

File: 1704097453191.png (92.73 KB, 467x666, ClipboardImage.png)

>>38446
> They pay more money for less calories.
see >>38488 also picrel

 No.38491

>>38480
>what a retard, as expected. go read the wiki or do a definition search of glucose brainlet.
Pick up a biology textbook, retard. Carbohydrates are broken down into glucose. I will define exactly what a carbohydrate is:
<A carbohydrate is a biomolecule that consists of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen atoms, with a hydrogen-oxygen atom ratio of 2:1, and has at least two monomeric units joined by glycosidic bonds.
Glucose does not have at least two monomeric units joined by glycosidic bonds. Glucose itself is a monomeric unit. Glucose is not a carbohydrate.
>Most known by whom? By you and you alone?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7370013/
By "most researchers" and "most pediatricians", etc.
>This is how I know you're lying. You can't just 'see' a vegan by looking at them, you wouldnt know whose vegan or not when passing them on the street.
Pale, skinny, and weak - dying, in a word. They tend to be a ragged sort, but not poor. This is due to the fact that survival despite their veganism requires much money.
>Vegans dont have a high diabetes rate sperg. Cry harder.
You type feebly, as you consoom your supplements to survive. Your hair falls out. Underneath your stricken and discolored skin, your brittle bones break down further. You exhale meekly, then eat highly processed, carb-rich food just to stay awake - for even longer, to explain how good your vegan diet is.
>Yeah you got proven wrong like a retard with lard for brain so now youre just crying. Cry harder meatlet.
Demonstrate where you believe you've "proven me wrong". I've already proven you wrong, tenfold.
>Yeah it was totally the vegan diet that killed the children and not the…child abuse. Kill yourself you disingenuous illiterate cretin.
Veganism to children is no different from child abuse. Extreme veganism to a child is extreme child abuse, and concludes only in murder. That's what the scientists who study veganism and its effects on children have concluded at least.
>Yeah we should totally listen to you on diabetes, the retard who doesn't know what a carbohydrate is. Just lmao. Kill yourself
You actually think that glucose is a carbohydrate. You're nutritionally retarded: you're vegan. I'd also tell you to kill yourself, but just keep being vegan.
>>38482
>You have to be trolling
<A carbohydrate is a biomolecule that consists of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen atoms, with a hydrogen-oxygen atom ratio of 2:1, and has at least two monomeric units joined by glycosidic bonds.
<The term "carbohydrate" often means any food that is particularly rich in the complex carbohydrate starch (such as cereals, bread and pasta) or simple carbohydrates, such as sugar (found in candy, jams, and desserts).
Glucose fits into neither definition. Therefore, saying glucose is a carbohydrate is like calling a brick a house.
>>38485
The vegan who eats pounds rice and beans a day is still starving no matter how much they eat, because they're starving themselves of essential nutrients by being vegan.
>>38488
This is actually a self-own on your part. The picture you share explains that "AN AVERAGE SERVING OF VEGETABLES COSTS FOUR TIMES MORE THAN AN AVERAGE SERVING OF JUNK FOOD". This means the vegetable diet is FOUR times more expensive on average than the junk food diet. The made up "nutrition" metric is irrelevant to the cost, which is the actual question.
>>38489
See the attached picture. Omega-3 is an essential nutrient. Read any fucking textbook.
>>38490
They DO pay more for less calories. THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT THE PICTURE YOU"vE SHARED STATES. PSEUDOSCIENCE, ALL OF IT

 No.38492

File: 1704120415076.png (130.89 KB, 572x860, ClipboardImage.png)

>>38491
>They DO pay more for less calories. THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT THE PICTURE YOU"vE SHARED STATES. PSEUDOSCIENCE, ALL OF IT
It's pseudoscience but you agree with its conclusions? If you made it through the whole picture you'd realize that calories per unit of weight is besides the point. Vegetables despite being less calorie dense are much more nutrient dense.

Focusing solely on calorie density… That's an 1800s way of determining the value of a food. Back before we knew what vitamins were, back before widespread refrigeration, back before transportation networks and massive global industrial surpluses of food. Back when people had trouble eating the bare minimum requisite number of calories per day, let alone investigating the nutrition value of their food. And even setting aside the question of vitamins there are also a lot of nutrients in Vegan foods that can't be found in meats, such as the lignan compounds found in flax seeds which reduce the risk of several forms of digestive cancers.

I would actually agree that being Vegan was not only harder but way more potentially deadly before current times. Advances in refrigeration, transportation, nutrition science, agriculture, etc have made it a lot easier to be Vegan, both in the imperial core and in the imperial periphery.

Despite, on average, being less calorie dense, vegetables are more nutrient-dense, which is more important. Whatever calories you fail to get from highly nutrient-dense vegetables can be made up for with calorie-dense Vegan foods like nuts, rice, beans instead of highly carcinogenic meats which are bad for your circulatory system and frankly not that calorie-dense anyway.

Regarding carbs/sugars. Carbs and sugars are less dangerous and less correlated with diabetes when they are distributed over a high fiber intake. You digest them slower and so you don't flood your circulatory system with sugar as quickly. This is why 3 tablespoons of sugar in a fruit is less dangeorus than 3 tablespoons of sugar in a coca cola. The speed at which your body processes something matters a lot.

<Studies show that if you drink a glass of water with three tablespoons of sugar (similar to what would be in a can of fizzy drink), you’ll have a big spike in your blood sugar levels within the first hour. That causes your body to release so much insulin to mop up the excess sugar that you actually overshoot and become hypoglycemic by the second hour, meaning that your blood sugar drops even lower than it would if you were fasting. Your body detects this low blood sugar, thinks you might be in some sort of famine situation, and responds by dumping fat into your bloodstream as an energy source to keep you alive.

 No.38493

File: 1704128414111.png (1.49 MB, 1448x860, ClipboardImage.png)


 No.38494

>>38428
>lmao. ok eat a gallon of ice cream every day and follow up with some bloodwork in a year.
>>38430
>Ok eat a pack of bacon every day then and see how healthy you get, no sugar but tons of saturated fat.
Strawmen not sufficient for this determined retard, they need to construct mult storey fatmen. Anon, eat some fish, chicken or eggs occasionally and stir fry with butter or coconut oil sometimes. No gallons or packs of anything tbh.

 No.38495

>>38491
>Pick up a biology textbook, retard. Carbohydrates are broken down into glucose. I will define exactly what a carbohydrate is: A carbohydrate is a biomolecule that consists of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen atoms, with a hydrogen-oxygen atom ratio of 2:1, and has at least two monomeric units joined by glycosidic bonds. Glucose does not have at least two monomeric units joined by glycosidic bonds. Glucose itself is a monomeric unit. Glucose is not a carbohydrate

You are completely retarded and proven yourself as such to everyone here. Dont act like posting science you dont understand will hide your obvious retardation. Monosaccharides are carbohydrates- period. You disgusting retard, the meat has already rotted half your brain.

Im done talking with you brainlet, dont blab about diabetes when you have no fucking clue what a carb is or understand basic science.

>Monosaccharides and disaccharides, the smallest (lower molecular weight) carbohydrates, are commonly referred to as sugars.

 No.38496

>>38494
If meat is so healthy and nutritionally complete like you claim, why dont you just eat meat and meat alone? I love how meatoids claim veganism isn't nutritionally complete when meat is far more nutritionally lacking than veganism would ever be.

 No.38497

>>38496
The thing is, for meat to be a complete diet, you'd need to also eat the giblets and eat them raw and that's palatable to Westerner's tastes.

 No.38498

>>38437
>>38438
Lmao.
Especially when you get posts like these: >>38493 >>38458
>Oh? You don't subscribe to veganism
>Then that means you eat unhelathy food and refuse to touch salads!
<What????? That's a strawman??? Ummmmmm, you're the strawman actqually!!!!


>>38439
The point was that privliged folk are the ones that can handle the experimental cost of transitioning to a vegan diet.
Similar to that of the 60-80h a week proletariot who doens't have enough time to read theory, and needs a communist to help awaken their class consiousness and give that worker the ability to be self-relient on further understanding of theory.

Not surprising you can't understand this when you say
>fruits/grains/veggies are always cheaper than animal products
Jesus fucking christ, look up food deserts.


>>38445
Even if they don't need to be on the same viewing as another human, the issue is that what leads people to be okay with killing animals is that it's seen as a requirement since of the limitation of society, and vegans just don't understand that view point existence so they instead play a moral card and make themselves look out of touch.
This same thinking is present in those twitter debates on it being more or less moral to kill or have sex with an animal, where it's clear that it's less bad to have sex with an animal than killing it since it's better to be raped than to be murdered, but since sex with animals isn't needed for society it's seen as worse.

>I guess farm animals are slaughtered for profit, not enjoyment, but I hardly see how that justifies anything

I wasn't justifying the killing of animals for the bourgeosis / the profit motive, I was explaining that this isn't how the average prole approaches the rational of killing animals.


>>38443
Christ the fumble.
Everything was going good until the image.
Yeah we see the data on veganists having lower diabetus, and assuming not wrong, the problem is that it doesn't answer if the health benefits are just in veganism like I've stated.
Vegans for instance usually skip on soda, so the health benefits of that are seen in this, but such a health benefit can be observed outside of veganism.



I'd talk about more posts, but I have a Kaiji clip to re-watch watching the bridge clip since part 4 highlights it for why Kaiji trusts his comrades + powerful scene, and some pomodoros to complete.

 No.38499


 No.38500

>>38492
>It's pseudoscience but you agree with its conclusions? If you made it through the whole picture you'd realize that calories per unit of weight is besides the point. Vegetables despite being less calorie dense are much more nutrient dense.
Yes, because I only agree with the most obvious truth which it accepts: the vegan diet is more costly in regards to the actual energy content. Vitamins and minerals are not called "nootrition" in actual science textbooks. They are actually called micronutrients, so they hardly matter in relation to actual energy by cost.
>Focusing solely on calorie density… That's an 1800s way of determining the value of a food. Back before we knew what vitamins were, back before widespread refrigeration, back before transportation networks and massive global industrial surpluses of food. Back when people had trouble eating the bare minimum requisite number of calories per day, let alone investigating the nutrition value of their food. And even setting aside the question of vitamins there are also a lot of nutrients in Vegan foods that can't be found in meats, such as the lignan compounds found in flax seeds which reduce the risk of several forms of digestive cancers.
The nootrition metric is absolutely made up. The nootrition metric isn't even relevant, because the cost is the only factor that matters. It is rather strange how the vegan diet is so "nootritious" and such nonsense, yet unsupplemented vegans inevitably lose their hair, their teeth, their minds, etc. if they do not take extra supplements regularly. How is this when the vegan diet is so "nootrient dense"?
>Despite, on average, being less calorie dense, vegetables are more nutrient-dense, which is more important. Whatever calories you fail to get from highly nutrient-dense vegetables can be made up for with calorie-dense Vegan foods like nuts, rice, beans instead of highly carcinogenic meats which are bad for your circulatory system and frankly not that calorie-dense anyway.
It would be more cost efficient to recieve the bulk of calories (actual energy) from "junk food", then just add in the minimal of that animal feed to get your daily vitamin and mineral requirements. This would result in the same nutrient intake at a much lower cost.
Meats are vital to the functioning of many systems, but namely the circulatory system. This fact is proven in the fact that vegans must take omega-3 and b-12, etc.
>Regarding carbs/sugars. Carbs and sugars are less dangerous and less correlated with diabetes when they are distributed over a high fiber intake. You digest them slower and so you don't flood your circulatory system with sugar as quickly. This is why 3 tablespoons of sugar in a fruit is less dangeorus than 3 tablespoons of sugar in a coca cola. The speed at which your body processes something matters a lot.
Absolutley. However, this is but another example of veganism being more inefficient. The faster the carbohydrates are converted into glucose, the better. I don't have the time to waste for my body to breakdown all of that vegan bullshit.

 No.38501

>>38500
>It would be more cost efficient to recieve the bulk of calories (actual energy) from "junk food", then just add in the minimal of that animal feed to get your daily vitamin and mineral requirements. This would result in the same nutrient intake at a much lower cost

Lmao. The absolute state of meatoids.

 No.38502

>>38500
Shutup retard, you dont even know what a carb is. Get rekt.

 No.38503

>>38500
>Yes, because I only agree with the most obvious truth which it accepts: the vegan diet is more costly in regards to the actual energy content. Vitamins and minerals are not called "nootrition" in actual science textbooks.

This is a vegan swole thread. If you're such a pitiful poorfag it doesnt matter whether you are a vegan or eat at your beloved mcd's all the time. You're not gaining mass. Muscle costs money- period. It is biologically more costly to maintain and to maintain it costs more in food and calories.

However if you anyone can afford to bulk, then they can afford to vegan bulk properly. Also stop coping.

Post you meat based meal plan so we can have a good laugh.

 No.38505

>>38500
>The nootrition metric is absolutely made up.
source: your ass

 No.38506

File: 1704140016475.png (104.62 KB, 452x714, ClipboardImage.png)

>>38500
>This fact is proven in the fact that vegans must take omega-3
omega-3 isn't vegan and also isn't useful.

 No.38512

File: 1704190538863.jpg (118.56 KB, 735x882, OnTheVergeOfDeath.jpg)

Veganism is Idealistic and Hierarchial ( Animal focussed ) Moralism.

Plant neural system has mechanics similar to feeling pain.

Plants are organic creatures.

The will-to-power will take forms of consumption on supressing the intense hunger. No matter what the eaten thing will be.

The Proletariat will defy those established abstract concepts, in it's own constant, enigmatic journey.

 No.38513

>>38512
>Plant neural system has mechanics similar to feeling pain.

Lazy talking point, we know plants can avoid certain stimuli but we have no idea if they can feel pain

 No.38514

File: 1704192313033.jpg (37.32 KB, 600x900, 1704192304189.jpg)

>>38513

It does not matter at all if they feel pain or not, that's not the thing.

Things may be forced to enter into different states by the another one's special, specific will.

Veganism is a moralistic philosophy that has nothing to do with us.

You prefer 'animals' over other organisms and have a spooky framework of morality on that.

But me, I like the plants more than the animals. What is just the point of valuing a thing and judging the other for them to not value it? The elegant, poor plant shall not be on ur plate!!1

 No.38515

>>38514
>moralistic philosophy

I mean, ideology*

 No.38516

>>38514
I guess you won't complain if I exercise my will to power on your mom and rape and murder her then

 No.38517

>>38516
>I guess you won't complain…

Why wouldn't I tho?
Our pursues would definitely clash in such a situation.
But I can't judge your being if you had such a will of assertion.

 No.38520

File: 1704209354809.jpg (35.68 KB, 477x461, ignored.jpg)


 No.38522

>>38513
>we have no idea if they can feel pain
(Trump voice) "Nobody knew about it, no one knew!"
>>38514
>"animals"
bruh what lol

 No.38523

File: 1704222992773.png (710.91 KB, 1080x1080, ClipboardImage.png)

>>38506
>omega-3 isn't vegan
Fish oil is just one source of omega-3. You can also get it from various plant foods. It is an essential nutrient, meaning your body needs it but can't produce (enough of) it.

 No.38524

>>38513
>we know plants can avoid certain stimuli but we have no idea if they can feel pain
people used to say the exact same thing about crustaceans, fish, farm animals, and even human babies

 No.38526

File: 1704231448769.png (7.37 KB, 444x48, ClipboardImage.png)

>>38523
>It is an essential nutrient, meaning your body needs it but can't produce (enough of) it.

 No.38527

>>38512
>Veganism is Idealistic and Hierarchial ( Animal focussed ) Moralism.
Some people are vegan because they're convinced it's healthier to avoid meat, and not because they're that concerned about the ethical treatment of animals, so this statement is false.

 No.38528

>>38527
Caring about eating healthy food is moralism just as much as caring about the welfare of animals. Caring about anything is moralism. True amoralism would be not valuing anything over anything else. It's nonsense to criticize someone for caring about the wellbeing of others, as if it's somehow shameful to care more about suffering than health. The only reason health is valuable in the first place is because it prevents suffering and prolongs life. We don't have to be ashamed of having values. Everyone has values.

 No.38529

>>38526
They are talking about supplements. Normally you get enough essential nutrients from your diet. If there's no need to supplement something, it means that people aren't deficient in it. You are just demonstrating your lack of basic knowledge with these weird gotcha posts.

 No.38530

>>38524
yeah and if we find out that plants can feel pain maybe we'll have to reevaluate but until then its a nothingburger

even if we say plants can feel pain, it takes way more plants to feed livestock than if we just ate plants so veganism is still a positive

 No.38531

>>38501
The absolute state of the vegans is even more pitiful; dying, they are.
>>38502
I defined exactly what a carbohydrate is within the context of this discussion. You vegan retards actually believe that glucose is a carbohydrate like any other. This is exactly like claiming that a brick is a house.
>>38503
Paying four times more for the solely sake of your moral crusade is "plausible for everyone?" No shit you must eat big to get big; the problem with the vegan diet lies within the fact that digesting all of that overpriced animal feed takes longer, costs "four times more for the same energy", is generally worse, etc.
<Post you meat based meal plan so we can have a good laugh.
See the attached video. Every day is a wonderful feast for me because I can afford it, because I am not vegan. I eat REAL food. I have the time to maximize my metabolic output, since I am not wasting time and money eating horse-feed and choking down supplements like you. What I eat is not chosen to further my moral crusade; what I eat is determined by purpose.
>>38505
If nutrition is the amount of MICRO-nutrients - nutrients that don't even give me any fucking energy, then what even is nutrition??? Nutrition cannot be quantified in such as way. For example, eating the vegan diet often gives TOO MUCH "nutrition", to the point that their diets are inefficient. The body doesn't even break down excess micro-"nutrients" and they begin to build up within the body, causing micro-nutrient toxicities - such as aluminum toxicity or vitamin C or E toxicity; these are common among vegans. They also receive excess metals, because the plants they eat are washed with fertilizers and pesticides, and other poisons. All this is but another cause of common vegan problems, like hair loss, vomiting, etc. These micro-nutrient toxicities only compound the nutrient and micro-nutrient deficiencies which the vegans already have.
>>38506
Omega 3 is an essential micro-nutrient, as per any science textbook. Stop screenshotting quack pop-nutrition websites and bring me real sources.
>>38523
Those other sources are inefficient, by both COST and DIGESTION TIME. Active human beings don't have the time or money to eat that overpriced pig-feed.
>>38526
This source is literally an unaccredited screenshot of some quack pop-science bullshit.
>>38530
VEGANISM
1.Requires more land
2. Requires more water
3. Requires more energy to produce the same amount of food
4. Causes soil degradation
5. Causes more greenhouse gas emissions
CARNISM
1. Transforms inedible feed (what vegans eat) into high quality protein
2. Can be utilized in unarable lands, like mountains and hills
3. Enhances soil fertility
4. Prevents erosion
5. Maintains biodiversity
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10460-020-10182-x#Sec11
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29133422/
https://www.jswconline.org/content/jswc/70/6/365.full.pdf
The crux of vegan argument is:
>BUT VEGANISM GIVES MORE MORE MICRO-NUTRIENTS THAT MY BODY DOESN'T NEED AND CAN'T EVEN USE, THEREFORE ITS MORE "NOOTRITIOUS"
This is swiftly debunked, as
>Although modeled plants-only agriculture produced 23% more food, it met fewer of the US population's requirements for essential nutrients. When nutritional adequacy was evaluated by using least-cost diets produced from foods available, more nutrient deficiencies, a greater excess of energy, and a need to consume a greater amount of food solids were encountered in plants-only diets.

 No.38532

>>38531
You sound like a false flag of a non-vegan by a vegan.
>Those other sources are inefficient, by both COST and DIGESTION TIME. Active human beings don't have the time or money to eat that overpriced pig-feed.
lolwut
Spinach? Rice? Squash? That list is mostly normal ass veggies and nuts.

 No.38533

>>38532
Enjoy paying for and digesting ten cups of uncooked squash a day, every day for the rest of your sad vegan life. The amount of omega-3 with those foods is so low that you will only end up paying more just to stay alive.
>BUT FLAXSEED
That shit is made for chickens. It is not for human consumption, as it contains many anti-nutrients like phytic acid, lignans, cyanogenic glycosides, etc. I'm not eating cups of raw seed every week just to live when animal products offer more efficient, bio-available sources of omega-3.

 No.38536

>>38531
>he fell for the rich piana meme
Kek. If u think his meat eater diet made him that way youre dumb as rocks.

 No.38537

>>38529
>bbbuut buut muh burger lardo meat eating diet is the most nutritious. And vegans lack b12!!!!!
Oh wait:
<The numbers don’t lie. According to the CDC and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA):

< 9 out of 10 Americans are deficient in potassium

< 7 out of 10 are deficient in calcium
< 8 out of 10 are deficient in vitamin E
< 50 percent of Americans are deficient in vitamin A, vitamin C, and magnesium
< More 50 percent of the general population is vitamin D deficient, regardless of age
< 90 percent of Americans of color are vitamin D deficient
< Approximately 70 percent of elderly Americans are vitamin D deficient

 No.38538

>>38531
>No shit you must eat big to get big; the problem with the vegan diet lies within the fact that digesting all of that overpriced animal feed takes longer, costs "four times more for the same energy", is generally worse, etc

You are literally retarded, read a book uygha. Im 100% sure you dont lift and if you do your body looks like trash. There is no bb'er in the world who would do the dumb shit youre suggesting. No one needs quick hits of energy all the time retard, digestion is a good thing not something which 'costs' have to be accounted for. Why dont you just drink sugar syrup for all your calories and call it a day? You might as well since you dont know anything about nutrition of bb'ing anyways.

 No.38546

>>38537
What does any of these have to do with whether or not burgers are deficient in omega-3? And the reason they are deficient in the other things is because of what they don't eat, not because of what they do eat. Diet is complicated, there isn't just one omnivore diet and one vegan diet. You can have an omnivore diet without deficiencies or a vegan diet with one.

 No.38551

>>38527
>…so this statement is false.

Well, still it applies to many ones.

>>38528
>Caring about anything is moralism.

Not really?

>We don't have to be ashamed of having values. Everyone has values.


This is perhaps right, the superstructure/ideology is not something to be realized, but already realized in between of abstract actions.
My point was that veganism isn't any higher of non-vegan style.
The kiss is the beginning of cannibalism)

 No.38552

>>38531
the first 'article' you linked was just a pondering about 'but what is zero carbon meat tho' with links to citations, I'm not reading the rest

 No.38566

>>38546
The point is a pure carnist diet vs a vegan one will always lose out because meat is not as nutritious as the wide range of plants, fruits, and veggies. So for anyone claiming vegans are lacking nutrients are full of shit since borgor consoomers are lacking in more nutrients.

 No.38567

>>38566
>So for anyone claiming vegans are lacking nutrients are full of shit since borgor consoomers are lacking in more nutrients.
Nutrients aren't just some vague abstraction covering all sorts of nutrition. They are many specific things and you need to consume all of them. Nobody was saying that the standard USano diet is healthy or healthier than veganism. That's a strawman. The problem is that if you start from an already deficient diet, and place additional restrictions on it (instead of actually building a proper healthy replacement diet) you are at risk of being even more nutrient-deficient.

Again, there is no such thing as a standard vegan diet. Somebody who doesn't now any better and just eats potato chips and beans (or worse meme diets like 40 bananas) is going to make themselves ill. You can build a good diet with all sorts of restrictions on your food, but you have to actually do the work to determine how well your food intake meets those needs. Going vegan is not a magic bullet solution any more than paleo or atkins or low-fat or any other dietary restriction. The entire issue is that in order to meet your nutritional requirements you must include foods with those nutrients. You can't satisfy more of your requirements by simply removing foods, or even by replacing those foods without any thought.

 No.38568

>>38567
>Nobody was saying that the standard USano diet is healthy or healthier than veganism. That's a strawman.
Then you should agree that eating meat is unhealthy since the SAD is mainly typified by meat, dairy and processed food consumption. And there was literally a retard above who is saying eating veggies is animal feed, if anything he is a prime example of a brainwashed burger eating the SAD.

>The problem is that if you start from an already deficient diet, and place additional restrictions on it (instead of actually building a proper healthy replacement diet) you are at risk of being even more nutrient-deficient.

Not if the restrictions someone places force them to eat healthier.

>Somebody who doesn't now any better and just eats potato chips and beans (or worse meme diets like 40 bananas) is going to make themselves ill.

I agree, the thread is about getting swole and eating a healthy nutritionally rich vegan diet. But instead its been filled with meat eating fatasses throwing poor ass arguments about how their shitty SAD diet is somehow better than a vegan meal plan.

> You can build a good diet with all sorts of restrictions on your food,

So you contradicted yourself above and agree.

> Going vegan is not a magic bullet solution any more than paleo or atkins or low-fat or any other dietary restriction. The entire issue is that in order to meet your nutritional requirements you must include foods with those nutrients. You can't satisfy more of your requirements by simply removing foods, or even by replacing those foods without any thought

But yes you can, because you are removing some sources that are fucking your health like meat and dairy. So you are satisfying more with less, you are getting more heart health with less saturated fat consumption. Thats even if someones diet was shit to begin with. This is basic harm reduction. And it is a magic bullet because health and biomarkers improve within a week of stopping meat and dairy consumption.

 No.38569

guise meat is the best!!!
>Processed meat was classified as carcinogenic to humans(Group 1).

 No.38573

>>38569
That’s because of added nitrates and salt, not the meat. Preserved vegetables also cause cancer, look up the increase in stomach cancer and kimchi heavy diets in Korea.

 No.38576

>>38573
Wrong its not just the nitrates. Its recommended to avoid processed meat even if it says no nitrates added. There is also evidence heme iron causes cancer which is in the meat itself.

 No.38577

>>38533
>Enjoy paying for and digesting ten cups of uncooked squash a day
you're allowed to cook squash if you're vegan

 No.38578

>>38568
>Then you should agree that eating meat is unhealthy since the SAD is mainly typified by meat, dairy and processed food consumption.
That doesn't follow, nor is it an accurate assessment to begin with of the SAD or what's wrong with it. The problem is primarily a lack of whole food produce and an abundance of more or less empty calories in the form of added sugars and high in saturated fat. That's not specifically a meat issue - excessive saturated fats from coconuts would also be a problem.
>Not if the restrictions someone places force them to eat healthier.
>poor ass arguments about how their shitty SAD diet is somehow better than a vegan meal plan.
>So you contradicted yourself above and agree.
0% reading comprehension.

>But yes you can, because you are removing some sources that are fucking your health like meat and dairy.

You don't grasp the basic concept of a nutritional deficiency. You are making up wild strawman arguments against an argument in favor of a planned vegan diet because you are hung up on the idea of having to think about nutrition. Your cognition is probably suffering from one or more deficiencies because you don't pay attention to your micros and you are showing clear signs of impairment. You are making veganism more offputting to people and more dangerous to people who do want to go vegan by giving anti-advice about nutrition, and you are feeding the "carnist" trolls who are just here to spite you.

 No.38579

>>38578
>That's not specifically a meat issue - excessive saturated fats from coconuts would also be a problem.

Yes but we don't live in that dream world do we? In this reality excessive meat consumption is one of the key problems with burger diets

 No.38580

>>38577
Cooking fruits and vegetables burns away nutrients and is therefore inefficient.
>>38536
I didn't fall for anything. I take a scientific approach to optimizing my bio-systems. YOU fell for the vegan meme and look where it got you. Rich Piana did not follow "a meat eater diet". Rich Piana ate balanced and optimal omnivore diet.
>>38538
>You are literally retarded, read a book uygha.
You are vegan, therefore you are nutritionally retarded.
>Im 100% sure you dont lift and if you do your body looks like trash.
ad-hominem fallacy. I am literally riding my cardio bike on maximum level as I type this to you, while my steak cooks in the oven. I'm sure all of your bio-systems are either failing or approaching failure, because you are vegan.
> There is no bb'er in the world who would do the dumb shit youre suggesting.
There are so many. You only demonstrate your vegan diet induced retardation by proposing such nonsense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcUdsYvcB6U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cohf-C1TZBQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIAZ9H1ZkJc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk1XBdEuM0Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEuWs_DPdDc&t=149s
>No one needs quick hits of energy all the time retard, digestion is a good thing not something which 'costs' have to be accounted for.
This is an example of why the vegans MUST put down their propaganda books and start lifting real weights. They must understand how actual material things and forces like caloric density and time are better understood and internalized rather than vegan pseudoscience.
>No one needs quick hits of energy all the time retard
Retard, humans who lift MUST consume ENERGY to KEEP LIFTING. THIS IS CONSTANT and PEOPLE who EXERCISE CONSTANTLY MUST CONSUME CONSTANTLY to DEVELOP FASTER
>digestion is a good thing not something which 'costs' have to be accounted for.
Is time not accounted for within the vegan mind? Apparently not.
Longer digestion = less eating.
Less eating = less energy.
Less energy = less exercise.
Less exercise = less development.
Vegan foods contain less energy by money cost. THEREFORE, vegans spend LONGER time digesting LESS energy.
>Why dont you just drink sugar syrup for all your calories and call it a day?
It doesn't have protein, therefore I could not rebuild the muscle I destroy through exercise. It would just make me fat because it would give me too many carbohydrates. Since this is basically the same outcome as a vegan diet, then why don't vegans just do this instead of being vegan?
>You might as well since you dont know anything about nutrition of bb'ing anyways.
The Irony.

 No.38581

>>38580
>MCDONALD'S BODYBUILDING DIET
The absolute state of carnists…

 No.38582

>>38580
>Cooking fruits and vegetables burns away nutrients and is therefore inefficient.
Some, not all nutrients are lost in cooking. Same goes for meat. Even though vegetables lose some nutrients when cooked, that doesn't mean you should only eat them raw. Cooking vegetables can actually be pretty beneficial. When you cook vegetables, it can actually enhance the absorption of nutrients that are otherwise difficult for your body to process in a raw form — such as beta-carotene (which is important for the skin), lutein (which plays a role in eye health), calcium (which is essential for bone health) and lycopene (which is associated with protection against heart disease cancer).

 No.38583

>>38580
>muh efficiency
better flavor is efficient too :)

 No.38586

>MUH BODYBUILDING

 No.38588

>>38578
>That's not specifically a meat issue - excessive saturated fats from coconuts would also be a problem.
No, its specifically a meat issue because the saturated fat in meat is long chain fat and coconut saturated fat is medium. Lots of studies about the harms of meat saturated fat specifically.

>You don't grasp the basic concept of a nutritional deficiency. You are making up wild strawman arguments against an argument in favor of a planned vegan diet because you are hung up on the idea of having to think about nutrition

No u. Prove meat has 'essential nutrients' that people can't get elsewhere.

 No.38590

File: 1704429259285.png (839.41 KB, 940x882, ClipboardImage.png)

>Vegan thread
<entire thread is vegans and vegetarians getting assmad and trying to fight strawmen arguments
Just share recipes, eat your greens and discuss vegetable benefits because this is liberalesque "muh cow farts"-tier posting.

Vegetarian diets have benefits, so do meat-inclusive ones, humans are omnivorous for a reason, end of discussion, I'm sick of seeing this passive-aggressive posting everytime I open /hobby/.

>inb4 [insert strawman about hating vegetables or some shit]

I eat vegetables, I like eating them and have since I was a little kid.

 No.38591

>>38590
meat was most useful to humans before we were capable of producing massive surpluses of food. Now it is a artery-clogging carcinogenic hindrance. Meat could help a hunter gatherer make it to 50. Now it will stop a modern man from making it to 90.

 No.38592

File: 1704442429753.jpg (46.13 KB, 768x768, Misir-Wat-3-square.jpg)

>>38590
Most palatable lentils Ive had so far.

Ethiopian Misir Wot (red lentils)
• 1 cup red lentils
• 1 medium purple onion minced
• 3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
• 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
• 1 can fire roasted tomatos
• 4 tablespoons butter or ghee to saute
• 2 - 3 cups broth
• 3-5 tablespoons berbere spice
• Add salt at end for taste

Saute garlic onions and spices. Add broth, sauce and lentils and simmer until done.

 No.38593

File: 1704442814775.jpg (179.56 KB, 667x1000, IMG_2887.jpg)

Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
(1) 16-ounce block firm tofu
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons non-dairy milk, unsweetened and unflavored

Instructions

Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Mash the block of tofu right in the pan, with a potato masher or a fork. You can also crumble it into the pan with your hands. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes until the water from the tofu is mostly gone.
Now add the nutritional yeast, salt, turmeric and garlic powder. Cook and stir constantly for about 5 minutes.
Pour the non-dairy milk into the pan, and stir to mix. Serve immediately with sliced avocado, hot sauce, parsley, steamed kale, toast or any other breakfast item.

Notes

Tofu Scramble is also good with all sorts of vegetables mixed in. Vegetables to add before the tofu: 1/4 cup diced onion or a few cloves of minced garlic. Saute in the oil for 2-3 minutes before adding and mashing the tofu. Vegetables to add towards the end: fresh spinach, kale, thin sliced red peppers, small chopped broccoli or fresh sliced/diced tomatoes. Add these after you've added the milk to the tofu, and cook for just a few minutes.
Omit oil if desired to make the tofu scramble oil free.
You can use any kind of non-dairy milk you like, such as soy, almond, cashew, oat or coconut milk. Just make sure it is unsweetened and unflavored.

Nutrition
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 600mg | Potassium: 168mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 31IU | Calcium: 302mg | Iron: 3mg

 No.38596

>>38590
>humans are omnivorous for a reason
If God didnt want me to rupture your asshole he wouldnt give me this 7incher.

 No.38598

File: 1704474941714.jpg (134.53 KB, 677x782, L6k35Sf.jpeg.jpg)

4200 cal vegan meal plan

 No.38600

>>38598
>2000kcal surplus
Why?

 No.38602

>>38596
Ok retard, back to >>>/siberia/

>>38592
Thanks, will try.

 No.38603

>>38600
To gain mass bruh. Some ppl are tall and hardgainers. I start plateauing at 3500 cals.

 No.38605

File: 1704540498840.jpg (31.46 KB, 266x424, vegan swole.jpg)

>Vegan Swoletariat
Sorry vegan anons; lifting 5 pounds isn't supposed to be an accomplishment.

 No.38606

>>38603
Still, thats like 2kg gain a week, most of that isnt going to be muscle.

 No.38610

>>38600
Standard daily caloric intakes are a mere guideline for fat people to not eat themselves to death. A "standard daily caloric intake" CANNOT sustain an active and optimized human being.
>>38606
>Still, thats like 2kg gain a week, most of that isnt going to be muscle.
Not if he works hard enough. 4300 calories is NOTHING to someone who actually puts in the work. See the attached video. Optimal and active human beings have to chug multiple 1000 calorie protein shakes THROUGHOUT their workouts so they don't shrivel up and die from all the WORK they put in.
>>38598
This diet plan epitomizes all of the problems of veganism. Don't be fooled by the whacked percentages. Look at that pitiful protein content - those proteins are hardly even bioavailable as well, in relation to meats I mean, because plant foods are indigestible and therefore the nutrients are less bioavailible. Those vitamins and minerals and shit are HARDLY bioavailible either.

You should take every nutrient and divide it by ten, because nutrients from vegan food aren't bioavailible. The only things that your body can readily absorb from this diet are the carbohydrates. This diet will certainly give you diabetes in the long run, as you're really just eating carbs all day.

 No.38611

>>38610
>Source: random post I found on bodybuilding.com forum

 No.38658

>>38610
>Not if he works hard enough. 4300 calories is NOTHING to someone who actually puts in the work. See the attached video. Optimal and active human beings have to chug multiple 1000 calorie protein shakes THROUGHOUT their workouts so they don't shrivel up and die from all the WORK they put in.
>the attached video is Rich Piana's 8 hour arm workout
hahahahahahaha get fucking real. You could eat 10,000 calories per day and not be able to do this routine. Or get his gains, for that matter, unless you had a bit of medicinal help.
Nice trolling anon, here's your (you).

 No.38665

Remember meat eater bros. Meat increases visceral fat and damages your organs. Turning vegan can drop visceral fat within weeks. You meatoids are damaging your organs and heart by consooming your meat.

 No.38666

>>38665
we all gotta die of something

 No.38667

>>38666
Might as well smoke. At least with smoking you dont get a nasty distended pregnant belly look.

 No.38668

File: 1704610367513.jpg (28.57 KB, 264x425, proxy-image(26).jpg)

>>38665
Remember meat bros, this is the physique you can hope to achieve eating meat. Big ugly distended bellies with high amounts of visceral fat.

 No.38669

>>38610
>Look at that pitiful protein content - those proteins are hardly even bioavailable as well, in relation to meats I mean, because plant foods are indigestible and therefore the nutrients are less bioavailible.

No help for the clinically insane- proteins are absorbed the same

>The results showed higher absorption of nitrogen and its balance from high protein diets whether derived from lentil or animal source, which may enhance tissue protein deposition.

 No.38671

>>38668
In fairness, this is more related to steroid abuse. Eating meat will not land you with palumboism.

 No.38673

>>38668
1) That's not how body-building diets work, they're not pure meat, and actually a lot of this shitter ones abuse protein powder.
2) That's called a paunch and distends when flexed a specific way (unless its palumboism)
3) Palumboism is a roid related issue almost exclusively, it's unrelated to meat. See >>38590 and stop baiting.

 No.38674

>>38673
>See *meaningless smug post that adds nothing to the conversation* and stop baiting.

 No.38675

File: 1704647721390.jpg (70.16 KB, 720x597, ok retard.jpg)

>>38674
>meaningless smug post that adds nothing to the conversation
Yes your bait about body-building is indeed smug nonsense that adds nothing to the conversation, thanks for confirming that.

 No.38785

>>38673
>>38671
Its not baiting, theres no clear cause established for what causes HGH gut or pulomboism. Yes steroids can be a potential cause. But Insulin is suspected to cause an increase in visceral fat. And guess what else increases visceral fat? Meat. So sorry stop trying to deflect, meat eaters do have uglier bloaty physiques. Cope

 No.38792

Anyone got any good Mexican or Indian vegetarian/vegan recipes that I can try? I'm a Omnivore that wants to eat more veggies.

 No.39576


 No.39588

>>39576
>100g
>1cup
>1/2 cup
>2tbs
>3tbs
>2tbs
>1/4th cup
There are seven different measures in that infographic.

 No.39589

>>39588
I had to use both systems of measurement on my nursing test today. Americans use both

 No.39604

File: 1708529767958.png (593.37 KB, 858x1022, ClipboardImage.png)

>>38528
>Moralism is when you care
Absolute state


Unique IPs: 55

[Return][Go to top] [Catalog] | [Home][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ home / rules / faq ] [ overboard / sfw / alt ] [ leftypol / siberia / hobby / tech / edu / games / anime / music / draw / AKM ] [ meta / roulette ] [ cytube / wiki / git ] [ GET / ref / marx / booru / zine ]