[ home / rules / faq ] [ overboard / sfw / alt ] [ leftypol / siberia / hobby / tech / edu / games / anime / music / draw / AKM ] [ meta / roulette ] [ cytube / git ] [ GET / ref / marx / booru / zine ]

/anime/ - Anime

Graphical arts and related topics
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
Flag
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

Join our Matrix Chat <=> IRC: #leftypol on Rizon


File: 1608528972251-0.jpeg (26.48 KB, 640x480, images (1).jpeg)

File: 1608528972251-1.jpeg (43.95 KB, 726x422, images.jpeg)

 No.3200[Last 50 Posts]

These two are supposed to be the Citizen Kane of anime, everyone loves them, yet they are such fucking garbage, literal trash, why are they so fucking bad holy shit.
And I watched it when I was a kid and even then I HATED it, I had a friend who also watched DBZ and he hated it too, even we who were just two little dumbass kids could recognize how shit this cartoon was. And dont get me started on Super.
Naruto is just as bad if not worse, they somehow contradict their own message every god damn time, and have a little privileged retarded kid as the main character who was born with le epic god powers, and never works a day in his life to achieve anything, its all just handed to him

 No.3201

>Someone is triggered by the /crisis/ thread
Naruto is based, fag

 No.3202

Btw Goku was a literal working class saying who beat the shit out of a prince and a landlord, he was a nobody.

 No.3203

>>3202
*Saiyan, fuck

 No.3204

>>3202
Nah he was born better than everyone elsr with OP powers that literally allow him to cheat at any battle.

 No.3205

File: 1608528972519.jpg (244.35 KB, 986x1477, Naruto manga vol.jpg)

>>3200
>never works a day in his life to achieve anything

Ok, I won't argue that Naruto is born with special powers and that helps him out. But he does have moments where he works hard, like when he learns the Rasengan. And it's not like the show doesn't glorify hard work itself like with Rock Lee's storyline.

But you're myopic in thinking that Naruto's appeal is about the main character. It's about how cool the ~25-40 other ninjas are, their sick character design, their sick ninja abilities, and their ninja society. It's about imagining yourself as a ninja with cool powers who could join this world.

I'm just speaking as a person who grew up with Naruto so I have a nostalgic fondness for it, but I don't watch shounen anime anymore, although I do read the BNHA manga sometimes. I agree DBZ is garbage but I really love Dragonball, and that original manga is my favorite manga of all time.

There are probably a few shounen anime that are just as good or better, like BHNA, One Piece and FMA. What shounen anime do you think is better than Naruto, OP?

 No.3206

>>3204
No he wasn’t you fucking retard, have you ever even read Dragon Ball? Before Super Saiyan the Saiyans were some of the only aliens whose power set is more or less identical to humans save for the Great Ape form 95% of them couldn’t control and something Goku never had for all of DBZ. Even then, Super Saiyan was only achievable through training and discipline, the only form the Saiyans even have that has nothing to do with training is Super Saiyan God.

Goku is a working class hero that beats the shit out of princes, kings, landlords, and gods all the same without breaking a sweat.

 No.3207

>>3205
Jesus fuck, BHNA is classist garbage compared to Naruto, and its world is way less creative and in-depth, plus Deku is far more shallow and boring than Naruto. At least FMA is good.

You want good Jap shit then read Akira (huge part of the plot is a class war in Tokyo that the US and USSR gets involved in), Vinland Saga, Ghost in the Shell, Junji Ito, and especially BERSERK

 No.3208

OP is a total faggot to be making such a butthurt thread over 2 anime that ended 5 years ago.
>I had a friend who also watched DBZ and he hated it too
DBZ has never been called a great anime on its own. Its famous because, like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure its an action Shonen that got popularity for how simple it was. Even its own fans know that things like power-levels and scream-fests are stupid, and that's the point. We know its stupid, we watch it to laugh and have fun with silly over-powered characters before moving on with our lives.
>Naruto
&ltcontradict their own message
Stop watching Plague of Gripes videos without actually watching the actual anime or watching the arguments for them. Naruto does not contradict its own message and it also has multiple messages.
>a little privileged retarded kid
He is not priviledged. The retcon of the Uzumaki was made almost at the very end during the 4th War arc of Shippuden which is Part II. The 4th Hokage was hinted at being related but that doesn't give him anything at all sine no-one knows or acknowledges him for this.
>who was born with le epic god power
Oh look yet another newfag who never watched Naruto talking shit. At the beginning of the series Naruto was weak and he had no significant powers. His massive chakra was more of a liability than a help since, unlike an adult he didn't have the control that grows with chakra, instead having it near-instantly. He wasn't a great book-learner but he tried and put effort in, despite, like most children not wanting to do book learning.
Kyuubi Mode was achieved in the 4th war arc, and prior to that, any usage of the kyuubi chakra was either accidental and/or resulted in self-harm as well as being a non-factor. Orochimaru totally bodied Naruto in the Forest of Death despite the Kyuubi's chakra. Neji almost beat him.
Sage Mode? All training, hampered by the Kyuubi actually.
Honestly 90% of the fights in Naruto prior to the 4th War Arc put skill and technique over power… THIS is one of the messages of the series "even a Genin can kill a Kage"

Honestly Naruto-haters are far worse than any fans because while the latter can wank Naruto as "great" they do so out of positive feeling, while haters just wallow like pigs in their own dissatisfaction.

TL;DR: You're an idiot.

 No.3209

>>3204
>OP powers
Right like…. like what? His ki-levels were high because his adoptive grandfather Gohan trained him prior to meeting Bulma and then Roshi.
>cheat any battle
Which is why he lost so many times? Which is why many wins are due to superior foes getting too cocky?

DBZ is shit but to say Goku is born better than everyone else is downright retarded considering that he was considered a really weak saiyan in the beginning and was rivalled for a long time by humans like Tien, Krillin and Yamcha. Sure, those days are past, that's now…. over 2 decades.

 No.3210

>>3207
I would definitely say that all of those shows you listed are decidedly not shounen animes. So I'm not sure what point you're trying to make comparing apples to oranges?

BNHA has some cool and unique ideas, some neat characters. And I like Deku because he's a crybaby nerd, which is not the usual protag personality. Maybe the show is a bit classist, but it's not nearly as classist as today's modern world/society.

 No.3211

>>3208
Addendum:
>retarded
He's not retarded either. The anime makes him out to be stupider than in the manga because "stupidity gags" and "explaining things to the audience" such as Chakra. In the anime he doesn't know and it is explained to 'him' which is really for the audience. In the Manga this never happens. It's rule of thumb that manga over-rules anime if the latter contradicts it.

Naruto does have trouble with book-learning… but he's not stupid. He comes up with unique plans (See pics related) and learns things others fail to. The Kage Bunshin is a forbidden jutsu that he learns within a few hours to the point of mastering it and augmenting his fighting like no others. We don't see any others his age use Kage Bunshin until well into Shippuden due to how hard it is to do.
The same goes for the Henge-no-jutsu and his variants, he uses it to full potential, unlike any other in the series. Including becoming a weapon, fusion and gender-bender, as well as pure energy

Naruto has used this jutsu to Fuse with Gamabunta, to become a Dog (fighting Kiba), a Weapon (Fuuma Shuriken against Zabuza), and the Rasenshuriken (Pure Chakra) and a woman (Naruko) as well as infiltrate and do information gathering (becoming Sasuke to talk to Sakura about her attitude to him and Sauce).

This is really creative for a "retard"

 No.3212

>>3210
> I like Deku because he's a crybaby nerd, which is not the usual protag personality
I honestly liked him at first but he got boring after a while because, the rest of the cast changed and he remained fairly flat. Bakugou is also a bad rip-off of Sasuke in many regards as well as a waste of character. he has the potential to be a villainous hero with his attitude towards other people who are weaker and his murderous intent. Honestly it's a waste, what with the diverse powers and characters like Stain and the recently defeated Yakuza. It's why I dropped the series outside of excerpts I like. The story stagnates in many areas and leaves many good ideas to die after presenting them. There are good parts but it just lacks the hook it had in the beginning.
Since I enjoy the occasional Cinnamon Roll protagonist I just switched to Mairimashita! Iruma-kun. It's really cheesy and silly, but I find it more enjoyable, since they don't leave loose-ends with their ideas and have the main character change noticeably throughout the story.

BNHA is classist, but this is left unaddressed and so less noticeable, compared to OPM which has an ever-developing theme about how heroes defend class-interest first usually.

 No.3213

>>3210
I thought we were talking manga in general tbh, I don’t really like shonen

 No.3214

>>3211
Posting for posterity
Fuck the haters
https://youtu.be/gH3Sh3hRV-c

 No.3215

>>3200
Can't tell if you're joking. No one on this planet considers either of these shounen anime to be "Citizen Kane" or anything like it. It's just shallow fun for the masses.

I do agree with them being garbage if you're really considering them as artworks that aspire to endure. If you really want something "kino" there's only one and it's pic related.

Aside from that there are a few anime and manga that are actually good like >>3207 points out. Pretty good bait OP tho, definitely got the discussion going.

 No.3216

>>3200
stfu annoying ass weeb.
who tf watches shounen and expects citizen kane?
>don't get me started on super
Don't have to.
It is absolute Kino. And better than OG DB+DBZ combined. DBS is awesome every arc.

 No.3217

File: 1608528973329-0.jpg (81.36 KB, 403x506, job.jpg)

File: 1608528973329-1.gif (505.14 KB, 500x375, 1490888071609.gif)

>>3204
hahaha I knew OP was a dumb ass.
Goku is a low class warrior. IT is mentioned multiples times in the games, and manga and anime.
He was sent away to earth because it is a shithole and was easy to conquer. His own father considered him to be a waste because his "power level" was low.

>OP powers that literally allow him to cheat at any battle

Yeah that sounds more like broly.

Yet this low class dummy attained the highest powers of saiyans repeatedly before the one with royal blood.


Goku is literally a prole.
He is a radish farmer who fights Gods in his spare time.

 No.3218

>>3217
Based
Goku is an inspirational working class hero
When the Saiyan prince said he was low class Goku couldn’t give less of a fuck about the dude or his stupid ass title
When Frieza called him a monkey he beat his racist ass

 No.3219

>>3218
I've heard toriyama based freiza on landlords, real estate agents or something like that

 No.3220

>>3219
Toriyama writes whatever the fuck pops into his head. He's shown left-leaning ideas and concepts but it's interspersed between "cool-stuff" he thinks of on the spot.

 No.3221

>>3219
Frieza is a space prospector/real estate tycoon

 No.3222

Ngl I love DB and DBZ, but that has more to do with it being one of the very few Anime I watched growing up than the quality of Anime. I think it's the same for most of the people.

 No.3223

Gintama is the only good shonen, the rest are fucking trash except maybe HxH and no /a/utist 8000 character essay can't change this.

 No.3224

>>3220
>He's shown left-leaning ideas
I'm interested. Could you tell me which?

He's is literally a manchild.

>DB is the only good shonen, the rest are fucking trash except maybe Kinikuman and no /a/utist's 8000 character essay can change this fact.

Fixed this for you buddy.

 No.3225

>>3224
DB is ok if you're 10 years old I think. It's the same formula of new villain+new power up all the time, even Dora the Explorer has more variety in its episodes kek

 No.3226

>>3223
One piece is a fucking masterpiece you whore. Take it back.

 No.3227

File: 1608528973965.png (682.07 KB, 1920x1080, 1483258321812.png)

>>3225
DB is the funniest gag manga. And that is what I like it as. It just so happens to have great fights.
Any hot takes like yours or people whining about power levels are of no concern.
If I could I would create a reeducation camp for people who watch DB religiously for the storytelling. It's always the gohan nerds who whine about muh plot and characters. Instead of appreciating the glorious poop humor.

I rewatched DBZ as an adult and it completely bored me until Majin Buu Saga when it became a lot more comedic.
I have only viewed DBS as an adult and I loved the silliness and humor. I'm sure the kids who watch DBS find it more exciting than funny. It is purely an age thing.

Regardless,
DB is basically Dr.Slump with more fights and less fourth wall breaks.
That is the only correct opinion.

 No.3228

File: 1608528974069.jpeg (9.37 KB, 225x225, descarga (41).jpeg)

>>3227
Just watch a good comedy anime with the occasional fights instead, like Gintama

 No.3229

>>3200
>These two are supposed to be the Citizen Kane of anime
lol, what? Even in the battle shounen world HxH/Devilman is far more deserving of that title, tbh.

 No.3230

>>3229
Or Baki, for that matter.

 No.3231

>>3229
This. In reality they're Fast and Furious of anime, mediocre action shit that should've ended years ago but won't because it brings too much money

 No.3232

>>3230
>Baki
No, fuck those over-muscled meaty horse-hooved fucks. There are better boxing anime than fucking Baki
>HxH
Over-rated napkin drawings that got blown into something "great" because "something-something deconstructiono"

>>3231
DBZ, definitely. Naruto, not so much.

 No.3233

>>3232
Berserk and Akira are masterpieces, just admit, admit it you fucking pussy

 No.3234

>>3232
>There are better boxing anime than fucking Baki
But Baki is demented and filled with stupid pseudoscientific and martial arts myth bullshit, which is what makes it fun. I'll admit it's a guilty pleasure, though.
Also, do people really take HxH that seriously? I just find the world and it's mechanics interesting and like the fact that it's a series of closed stories that'd be nice on their own even if Togashit went and croaked before finishing it. Maybe i'm just too used to /a/ assfuck contrarianism but it's strange to see people defending Naruto on here, of all things

 No.3235

>>3232
>Naruto, not so much.
No one care's about naruto's gay ass son other than shotafags.

 No.3236

>>3233
>Berserk
Isn’t it terribly made anime? I read manga cause I saw several clips of Anime being pretty terrible CGIfest.

 No.3237

>>3236
I didn’t suggest the anime, I said manga

 No.3238

>>3228
Don't really like meta humor that much.
I prefer DB humor.
To each his own

 No.3239

>>3200
Boruto's dad's anime
FTFY, dipshit

 No.3240

>>3235
>shotafags
&ltNaruto
Nigga what
>no-one cares
Well clearly you do since you're making such candy-ass comments.

>>3239
>Boruto's dad
Dead meme

>>3234
>do people really take HxH that seriously
You probably missed the massive hype in /a/ and other anime forums how Hunter x Hunter is so great. Its like Yu Yu Hakusho fans all over again.

>>3233
Akira is great. Berserk has good stuff but its obsesses so much over graphic crap that it starts to get tiresome. Regardless I wasn't talking about either.

>>3234
>strange to see people defending Naruto
Nah it's definitely the /a/-faggotry, it plagues this board too. People are so used to jumping on the "fuck Naruto xddd" train that 90% have never even seen Naruto outside of clips and memes and just parrot the same tired old bullshit. It's got decent story and characters and touching, overarching themes as well as action and ninja-magick.

 No.3241

>>3240
there are no dead memes
only deadass anons who are going to get whupped by me

 No.3242

>>3241
Hello stephen

 No.3243

>>3200
Nigga if DBZ and Naruto blast your ass so much then Boruto ought to give you a stroke.

 No.3244

File: 1608528974920.png (428.11 KB, 558x744, constanza.png)

>>3200
>Citizen Kane of anime
lmao

 No.3245

Naruto is Maoist Third Worldist and anyone who denies the class conscious message will go to gulag.

 No.3246

>>3245
Naruto is ideologically conservative but with a message of serving the greater good. It's very Stalinist if anything considering the inherent ideals of "sense of duty" and "shinobi being tools AND people" which is the idea behind "The Will of Fire"

 No.3247

>>3200
>Naruto/DBZ hate thread
&ltnot even a single decent meme for the OP
pathetic

 No.3248

>>3246
Nah the main villains of Naruto were basically anti imperialist third worlders fighting against first world (kohona) imperialism. It doesn't get more redpilled than that. All the god stuff that got brought in at the end ruined the story.

 No.3249

>>3248
>the bad guys are anti-imperialist
>red pilled

 No.3250

>>3249
Might be a polyp. There is no shortage of nazi weebs

 No.3251

>>3249
Actually the whole point of the arc was to make Naruto realize that he and his country had still not come to terms with their imperialist dickery and that if he truly wanted to govern his country he would have to find a better way that took into account the interests of the other nations and peoples. Watching people he love get slaughtered by people who had been abused by his forerunner's military forces impressed upon him the callousness and futility of the power struggle. No, it's not CCCP propaganda but for a fucking anime that's still better than most.
>>3250
Holy fuck this place truly did get invaded by ledditors if a term such as "redpill" is immediately associated with /pol/. Stop guzzling the MSNBC libtard.

 No.3252

>>3251
Shut the fuck up polpotato
There is a difference between the real REDpill and le redpill used by kekistanis and weebs

 No.3253

>>3248
In what sense Madara and Kaguya were anti-imperialist?

 No.3254

>>3253
Madara realized “Muh liberal Konohagakure” was really just a means for the Senju ruling class to rule over the other clans peacefully rather than through direct warfare; Madara tried resolving it by giving everyone peace, freedom, and abundance; the problem was he was a staunch individualist with bourgeois idealism. Kaguya was an imperialis herself, hence why she’s given no redeeming qualities.

 No.3255

>>3236
The 1997 adaptation is good, 2016 version is trash.

 No.3256

>>3248
>the main villains of Naruto were basically anti imperialist third worlders
&ltA Mercenary who gained immortality through organ replacement
&ltA puppet maker who is obsessed with immortality and creating eternal heart
&ltA man obsessed with blowing things and people up as art
&ltA man who lives to fight strong opponents and cut them down
&ltAn immortal sado-masochist who worships a bloody god and loves murder
&lt(Formerly) A genius scientist obsessed with immortality and abilities
&ltA sociopathic murderer who killed his entire family. Later retconned into being a man ordered to do something by the equivalent of the CIA
&ltA living black slime bonded to a tree person who has attempted to manipulate the shinobi world for millenia to bring about the Resurrection of his goddess mother
&ltA boy manipulated by an arrogant bastard in hiding into bringing about a world war to serve his purposes of disillusionment
&ltA decrepit arrogant bastard who wants to be god because "muh humans always fighting so just live an illusion everybudy!"

The only real anti-imperialists of the Akatsuki was Nagato and the original Akatsuki, who are 'villainous' reflections of Naruto's ideology who lost their way.

Oh and Kaguya, a goddess who ate a god-fruit to bring peace, but out of paranoid delusion she started putting everyone in a trance and making them obedient plant-human slaves.

>>3252
>Everyone I dislike is /pol/
Fuck off plebbitor

>>8425

What 2016 version? There is no 2016 Berserk in Ba Sing Se.

>>3254
>Senju ruling class
Which is a delusion equivalent to "muh Jew overlords" Madara is a literal ancap
>Madara tried resolving it by giving everyone peace, freedom, and abundance
No, he sought to provide the ILLUSION of this because he decided that it can't be done in reality.
>Kaguya was an imperialist
No, she was essentially corrupted by power after attempting to single-handedly create peace. This is a recurring theme of Naruto m8.
>No redeeming qualities
…You need to read into the lines more then. The point wasn't that she was iredeemable, but that Naruto and Sasuke, like with Madara could not physically take her down and force her to see the error of her ways like Madara did when he died.

 No.3257

>>3256
Naruchad Gang rise the FUCK UP

 No.3258

Narunegros are in absolute cope mode/buyers remorse because they wasted a big part of their life’s watching a 1000+ episode shitshow. At least DBZ negros have the excuse that they watched it when they were kids and didn’t know any better

 No.3259

>>3256
>everyone i dislike is reddit
Fuck off polyp

 No.3260

>>3259
Go back projector

>>3258
>imagine being so mad
&ltbuyers remorse
LOL an hour of saturday morning cartoons is SUCH a big part. You're just salty.

 No.3261

>>3259
Nah he's right it's always the redditors and newfags who scream /pol/ at everything and who have no idea how to fit in. FFS you're shitting on anime on a fucking imageboard - forget leftypol you don't even understand the culture. I don't like anime either and never watch it but unlike you I participated in this thread and pretended to be a naruto fan because it's all good fun. But you come in and just start shitting on anime in a thread discussing anime. Pretty retarded.

We should bring back copious use of racial slurs since that is what protected this board from being stuck with dumbass redditors before. I miss the days when redditors told each other how bad and reactionary/misogynistic/racist etc. Leftypol was so we never had to deal with them.

 No.3262

>>3260
>>3261
Okay, poltards

 No.3263

>>3258
>buyers remorse
Most of people watched it on telly growing up bruh.

 No.3264

>>3261
>I miss the days when we more heavily appealed to /pol/ ans engage in white idpol
Kill yourself or go back

 No.3265

File: 1608528976224.jpg (50.25 KB, 1024x995, When you summon Pepe.jpg)

>>3264
>>3262
>Muh White pypo!
>Muh pol
Y'all faggots are as original as soggy white bread

>>3261
>We should bring back copious use of racial slurs
Kek, that's a thought
>it's all good fun
Not anymore, or you'll offend our radlib overlords!

 No.3266

>>3265
>ifunny memes
>frogposting
>kek
>fag fag fag
Nah I was right, you belong in 4cuckchan. Suck my dick polyp.

 No.3267

>>3266
>he thinks frogposting has never been part of /leftypol/
Yup newfag confirmed. kys

 No.3268

>>3267
>announcing sage
>newfig
>"kys" LIKE A FUCKING YOUTUBE KIDDIE
nice revisionism, 4cucktard

 No.3269

>>3265
Tbh only the virgin white kids like Naruto.
Chad black and Hispanic kids staned DB

 No.3270

>>3269
What about chad white kids?

 No.3271

>>3270
Oxymoron

 No.3272

File: 1608528976602.jpg (273.98 KB, 1080x1423, naruto v DB blacks.jpg)

>>3269
>Chad black and Hispanic kids staned DB
Nigga are you serious? Black kids fucking loved Naruto, I remember being that we was in "le ghetto" areas and shit.

>>3266
>ifunny
Bitch where
>frogposting
Pepe has been a part of leftypol for a long time you dope
&ltbitching about keke and fags
You really are a fag, go back to reddit butthurt lib.

>>3270
>>3271
Oh look its the "le anti-white racism is good" gang… idiots who take ironic memes seriously need to leave, cause ethno-nationalist retardation and leftypol are opposite ends of the spectrum

 No.3273

File: 1608528976683.png (358.2 KB, 1086x1086, SCP are you well.png)

>>3268
>announcing sage
&ltwhen there is no sage button and everyone just fills every tab across /leftypol/ to sage posts because Space didn't bother reinstalling the Do Not Bump checkbox.
>newfig
>muh kys
If that is what you're offended by you really are a redditing newfag. Constant swearing isn't necessary, but your level of "no u can't do dat!" is pathetic. Cope or leave.

 No.3274

>>3272
>we can say nigger because that’s based and drives the Redditors away
&ltbut if you make fun of wypipo you’re a fucking nazi monster!!!!!

 No.3275

>>3274
>>8541
No it means that you guys are outing yourselves as retarded r/socialism rejects because you can't go two posts without bringing in race and shitting on naughty/bad/reactionary/unapproved words. For the record, no one in this thread even said "nigger" before your post here >>3274 but the mere suggestion of using naughty words immediately brought out your liberal rage against wyte peepol. You guys are imbeciles. Making fun of wyte peepol is fair; anglos are literally a meme, but you came in here with an agenda of tone policing so that ONLY wyte crackas could be made fun of since that's the only approved race to hate on. Fucking imbeciles. None of you belong here.

 No.3276

File: 1608528976896.png (1.57 MB, 1680x984, Black Cosplay Naruto.png)

>>8556
>>8555
>>8554
>samefagging this desperately
Liberalism, not even once.

 No.3277

>>8563
>comrades
You're not the comrades of anyonem aside rad-lib knee-jerkers. But hey, keep up the denial, whatever floats your cope-boat.

 No.3278

>>3277
>Bitter cunt is the only one keeping the Naruto thread alive

 No.3279

File: 1608528977120.jpg (97.19 KB, 737x866, 1566833338632.jpg)

>>3278
yeah, this shit thread does need anymore bumps or replies.
the truth has already been posted >>3217
and this guy just seems to be interested in projecting for the the replies.

>>3277
>n-no you're not my comrade!1 because of cartoons!!111 and white people jokes!1 radlib reeeeeeeeee

 No.3280

>>3279
>because of cartoons
The fuck do cartoons have to do with "muh whitey stoopid" idiocy?
>Truth has been posted
While the Goku post is pretty good, it also has nothing to do with the past 10 posts of liberal COPE.
>projecting
I don't think you know what that word means
>bumps
thanks again!
>white people jokes
&ltHurr talking racist shit about white people = white people jokes and is totally funny
This isn't even the same as casual chan speak and the use of 'fag' and 'nigga'. Especially when its just 3 posts in a row jerking the same person off.
>I posted a smug Kefla edit, I wun!
Brilliant argument

>>3278
>Bitter cunt
You mean the bitter cunt, samefagging about "whit pypo" nearly a dozen times?

Honestly, thanks for bumping this thread, fags!

 No.3281

>>8662
Probably the mods doing their job. Thanks for the bump

 No.3282

>>8675
Are you braindead?
1 - Some redditor got offended about the word redpill and when they got called out they started screeching about "le /pol/" to shout down opposition.
2 - In response to the reddit COPE, people ponder bringing back the old chan-speak of being casual with "faggot", pepe-posting and and other shit that people did for laughs.
3 - Immediately people start posting about "le whitey" unironically parroting black-supremacy memes, because "hurr racism against whites is funy xD", on and on for a dozen cringey posts, like somehting out of a liberal race-pandering twitter.

So how does this correlate to "muh racist whitey offended about diversity" you absolute mong? How is deleting shitty posts like that = "muh bad mods"
when its both
A) a derail of the thread
B) completely un-leftist and idiotic

Do you like the Black Panther movie too?

 No.3283

File: 1608528977445.jpg (24.68 KB, 771x812, 1526282957472.jpg)

>>3280
>I posted a smug Kefla edit, I wun!
Yes.

 No.3284

>>3283
>Zamasu smug derp
This is needs a 'Hnnng' edit.

 No.3285

>>3207
>It's another seinenfag can't appreciate shonen episode
Hahaha, every time.

 No.3286

LMAO when you remember Vegeta sold his soul to a wizard nutsack to be stronger than Goku and then Goku let him win

 No.3526

File: 1608528993377.jpg (55.96 KB, 560x562, Babudu and Buu.jpg)

>>3286
Pic related is the perfect reaction image to this revelation

 No.3870

https://archiveofourown.org/works/25263772/chapters/61247113

Funny fic about the Otsutsuki being sent to the One Piece world after being hit with Therapy Fist and Talk no Jutsu.

Similar https://www.webnovel.com/book/otsutsuki-in-one-piece_15637811806570705

 No.3871

>>3212
>akugou is also a bad rip-off of Sasuke
I take this back and instead replace it with him being more like Vegeta.

 No.3877

All shounen is shit.

 No.4260

>>3877
>Saging this opinion in a thread dedicated to it
Fucking why tho, lol

 No.4999

File: 1608529099892.mp4 (1.5 MB, 640x360, Naruto Arabic.mp4)


 No.5021

>>3216
>It is absolute Kino. And better than OG DB+DBZ combined. DBS is awesome every arc.
Is it?
I haven't watched it and the last time I watched DBZ was in the early 2000s when its run ended in my shitty latam country. What makes Super so much better than the original?

 No.10109


 No.10529

File: 1633386152020.png (410.08 KB, 622x861, ClipboardImage.png)

Naruto is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad. However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole ninja faggotry and everything about the Naruto world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up. Naruto is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Naruto threads ever encourage the newuyghurs to show their faces here.

 No.10530

Saint Seiya>Inuyasha>DBZ>Naruto

No, I haven't watched anime since I was a kid

 No.10531

>>10530
LMAO. Saint Seiya is a fun series though, Personally I'd put it at Naruto>Saint Seiya>Inuyasha>DBZ

 No.10532

File: 1633387267481.gif (20.83 KB, 300x100, 4chan 63.gif)

>>10529
"Naruto is a gateway anime" is a gateway pasta of the worst kind. It's a bad meme, a clusterfuck of strawman and exaggerations that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive contrarian faggotry and ELITISM.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The ease of reposting to try their hardest to look cool, the sense of righteousness, the whole hate circlejerk and everything about this pasta fuels their elitist fantasies, while the pity-party replies, emphasis on "Big 3", and overall preachiness of the pasta make it fit just right with the snobby drives of your average unmarried angry 30 year old and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

This pasta is basically THE pasta that's posted by the most hated culture known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to tell the poster to fuck off and everyone who likes it, and ensure that this pasta is never ever encouraged.

 No.10533

>>10532
>>10529
Naruto is a gateway anime of the best kind. It's a great series, with a story and characterization that is very well done in most aspects, and which bolsters its strengths with great character development and a dark, complicated plot. Your average anon, hopefully, is intelligent enough to see this as the masterpiece it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is very well thought out and deserves recognition and respect.

These very aspects that make the anime so deep and mature make it a discussion ground for scholarly gentlemen who engage in every kind of both online and in the real world. The hard-working characters who continue to stand against all odds, the realistic jutsus and well-designed clothes, the whole and everything about the complex Naruto world provides fuel for much thought, and the deep character backgrounds, their dark past and emphasis on revenge, and overall greatness of the series make it fit just right with the refined taste of your average intellectual and his sense of disappointment towards the world’s dull, un-thought provoking choices in entertainment. Exactly the kind of material that brings the intelligent and well-educated together over critical discussion.

Naruto is basically THE series to attract the highest-tier fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to support the existence of threads discussing the subject, and make sure to give a friendly bump to all Naruto threads to make sure /a/’s elite continue to show their faces here.

 No.10837

>>3200
>These two are supposed to be the Citizen Kane of anime
Said no sincere person ever… until you came along

 No.10838

naruto had such a strong character design

 No.10841

>>10838
Unironically yes.

 No.10862

File: 1634311200786.jpg (76.71 KB, 729x499, shonen then and now.jpg)

Old shonen > Nu shonen

Shonen Jump then
>Wow! Kenshiro is so cool! I want to be just like him!
Manly_Tears.png
Shonen Jump now
>Wow! Deku is so relatable! I'm already just like him!
wimpytears.jpg

 No.10863

File: 1634311362659.jpg (322.42 KB, 639x595, Manly Tears.jpg)

>>10862
Also inb4 "muh gary stu"
Kenshiro is not a gary stu at all, you'd know that if you read the manga. He wasn't even the most talented of his masters students and he was nowhere near the strongest for a long while. He failed all the fucking time and the mad max world he lived in prevailed against him time and again.

Also if you think he was just a power fantasy then you don't actually know how or why he was created in the first place. His series was basically a concerted effort by Jump to counteract the actual power-fantasy, wish fulfillment harem / romcom shit that was basically 90% of successful shonen manga at the time.

 No.10871

>>10863
>>10862
isn't Hokuto no Ken just a Mad Max ripoff though

 No.10872

>>10871
Not really, it has the same aesthetic but the story and characters are vastly different.

 No.11343

>>3200
It is common knowledge that shounen is the worst genre of anime.

 No.11345

>>11343
It's the "I hate shonen" fag, been a long time.

 No.11373

File: 1636738305304-0.png (415 KB, 1020x634, ClipboardImage.png)

File: 1636738305304-1.png (373.02 KB, 1050x644, ClipboardImage.png)

TV Tokyo Rankings, Press Release: Q2 (from 04/01/21 to 09/30/21)
Top Anime Franchises (by total sales/revenue)
> Naruto
> Boruto
> Pokémon
> Yu-Gi-Oh!
> Bleach
Top Anime Franchises (by gross profit/margin)
> Naruto
> Boruto
> Pokémon
> Bleach
> One Punch Man
Naruto-chads just can't stop winning
>TV Tokyo’s latest financial report from their anime rights/licensing division also disclosed today that ~77% of their cumulative sales/revenue were from overseas, versus ~23% domestically - Particularly citing North American & Chinese distribution deals and Naruto merchandising.

 No.11574

File: 1637694637100.png (1.07 MB, 800x600, ClipboardImage.png)

https://archive.ph/D9os1 yes, this is a shitpost

 No.12194

File: 1641273519435.png (9.52 KB, 229x220, ClipboardImage.png)

>reason 1 generally shitty animation
Motion blur, cgi(especially bad in the Naruto franchise), re used sprite animations, 2 frame mouth speech, shitty vfx over actual animation and constantly re used backgrounds is a consistent and frequent phenomenon in these shows. This gets especially noticeable considering how drawn out most fights and conversations are in these shows as the animation staff spend hours upon hours simply reusing sprite gifs over actually animating what the characters are saying and drawing out ordinary fights for multiple episodes on end that these animation problems and on occasion animation errors(if you know what the guy vs guy sensei fight was in shuppuden you know what I mean) just constantly reveal themselves if your new to either show. I’m not even gonna talk about the art design of these worlds because some of the characters in these shows look so out of place and so fucking goofy in most scenes that it’s like watching an important cutscene in a video game showing your character wearing BDSM gear

>reason 2 these shows are too long

As mentioned earlier these shows and to a larger extent shines in general stretch out these franchises FAR TO FUCKING LONG. In real life Naruto shippuden doesn’t have 500 episodes worth of actual plot it has 100 or even less of you were to force every fight to a maximum of 5 minutes and every major conflict to a maximum of 1 episode and that’s just for fights don’t forget filler, conversations about nothing, flashbacks that never get developed in the story. As for bleach it’s the same tragic story, especially after the first 60 episodes when the filler and obvious stretching out of the plot starts getting really noticeable because the writer literally didn’t anticipate the show to last as long as it did nor be as long as it was before it got axed. I’ll give one peace a break for being as long as it is though because the writer actually has one really massive fucking world he built over decades unlike *ahem* dragon ball.

>reason 3 everything important is told through sound and not through animation

2d animation is medium that exists for expressing ideas that can’t be communicated with words. Genndy does communication with animation amazingly well in his shows like samurai jack and primal where the pacing makes sense for each episode and you get a sense of what’s going on without needing the characters ranting for dozens of minutes straight about whatever new tactics they’re thinking of. Bleach and Naruto spend so many fucking minutes explaining why you should give a shit about whatever the fuck the characters are feeling or what their new chakra soul power ultra who cares that it becomes mind numbing to the point where it feels like the studios behind these shows think their audience is literally too fucking stupid to be able to understand what’s going on with their own eyes. I liked sasori a lot, I liked sai, I liked yoruichi, but you know what I didn’t like, having some pink haired bitch, or a fucking ginger explaining their pasts to me when I could’ve had a solid episode or at least a few minutes away from the main characters communicating what these characters histories were and why their in the positions they’re all without needing a word spoken

<and finally the most important reason they treat the workers like garbage

Remember what I said about the animation of these shows being shit? I’ll talk more about that but think of this. If a frame of animation takes 30 seconds to produce and you need 24 frames per second than every minute of footage takes 43200 seconds to produce or 12 hours for a single animator under the assumption said animator is drawing 24 frames for every second, in real life you don’t do this because more frames don’t equate to smoother or even animation that better communicates ideas professionals have said this numerous times, this is especially true when producing episodes lasting for dozens of minutes with animation teams consisting of dozens working day in and out to produce what you watch, so what’s the deal? If animation is no where near as tricky nor expensive as it may appear why does it all look like shit you might ask dear reader.

Well the problem is how these shows are fundamentally being made. Imagine a room filled with dozens of isolated artists that are likely middle aged on drugs and exhausted all of the time that are under pressure to work on multiple different projects under strict deadlines that are then told that all of their work must be produced in a certain matter that minimizes production costs as much as possible, your seeing where this is going right? The problem isn’t that these shows can’t be good but rather the conditions these shows were made under prevent them from ever being above average for most of their run time, don’t forget evangelion 1995 was made on a limited budget and still has visibly better animation and 0 cgi compared to the rebuilds made by professional studios simply because the animators were allowed to do what they wanted, same goes for mob psycho which might aswell be the holy grail of sakuga animation. Naruto and bleach aren’t poorly produced animes because the staff behind it lacks skill and resources far from it but because they’re produced with profits in mind away from quality much like most mainstream animation made in states allied to NATO.

 No.12195

dumb frogposter

 No.12206

>>12195
>no argument

 No.12215

> animes

 No.12227

File: 1641610054083.gif (717.18 KB, 500x250, laughing Deidara.gif)

>>12194
Not going to talk about Bleach since I didn't really care for that (though this isn't accurate to it either), just Naruto
>shitty animation
<Examples: Shit that nearly never happens
>shitty vfx over actual animation
<Look at dat CGI hurr, so vut if its a TV series on limited budget from 1999?
Not to mention that Naruto's animation and art style are considered damn good for most of its run, especially in terms of fights and the hiding of CGI.
>on occasion animation errors
<Oh look a brief small animation error of one of hundreds of small-fight and is delegated to the side-animators, that make it bad!!!
>reusing sprite gifs
The actual fuck are you talking about? Stop using phrases you don't understand.
>drawing out ordinary fights for multiple episodes on end
LMAO Bleach maybe, but you're conveniently ignoring that all fights have at least 2-5 minutes of interaction, and unlike One Piss don't have characters stand and stare at each other for minutes on end.
>the art design of these worlds because some of the characters in these shows look so out of place and so fucking goofy in most scenes that it’s like watching an important cutscene in a video game showing your character wearing BDSM gear
Nice exaggeration. I'm going to assume you're mostly talking about Bleach because they do have nutty designs, but even then you're making a mountain out of a molehill. If they'd been too conservative you'd be bitching about sameface.

TL;DR: You look at too many meme videos on "muh shonen" and other garbage.

1/?

 No.12229

>>12215
Yes.
Animes, mangas, doujinshis, mangakas, etc.

 No.12231

File: 1641611179825.png (252.96 KB, 638x476, ClipboardImage.png)

>>12194
>stretch out these franchises FAR TO FUCKING LONG
True, but not to the extent you're making it out to be, faggot.
>In real life Naruto shippuden doesn’t have 500 episodes worth of actual plot it has 100 or even less of you were to force every fight to a maximum of 5 minutes and every major conflict to a maximum of 1 episode
<Hurr if you just cut out all the interactions and material that fleshes out the anime you can make it really short
I'm not even talking about faggots like you bitching about "rushing things" if the show did squeeze everything into "muh 5 minutes and 1 episode". Funny that this exact shit has made most Shonen anime, especially battle shonen into bland, boring crap that resolves problems and themes in a couple episodes making shit meaningless and boring.
>Muh filler memes
Get over yourself. People only bitched about filler because they didn't like that it didn't stick to the manga, nevermind that most filler occurred in the lulls of important arcs. (Bleach is worse in that regard). Many fillers are fairly good in Naruto excluding some single-episodes that are mostly inoffensive.
>conversations about nothing
where? That's a problem of Slice of Life Moeshit. Yes Shonen anime can have characters state the obvious at times… because it's mostly a direct interpretation of the manga that doesn't have animated segments and has to
sometimes use exposition to carry across the internal thoughts of characters.
>flashbacks that never get developed in the story
See above.

2/?

 No.12232

File: 1641612586993-1.gif (1.91 MB, 450x253, frog kata.gif)

>>12194
>Genndy does communication with animation
non-sequitur and I like that you ignore Genndy having jut as much exposition as any shonen. You can have both, idiot. Bleach does have this issue though, as half the cast is constantly making stoic "cool" faces in nearly every interaction.
>haracters ranting for dozens of minutes straight about whatever new tactics they’re thinking of.
Yeah ok you're demonstrating that you haven't watched the show. The longest explanation of tactics I can recall in Naruto takes less than 5 minutes and is AFTER the tactics/plan is demonstrated in full.
>so many fucking minutes explaining why you should give a shit about whatever the fuck the characters are feeling
LMAO are you retarded? Or do you no comprehend that anime is a visual-audio media, not pure visual, and that real life people… talk, people don't just rely on facial expressions to communicate
>what their new chakra soul power ultra
They don't explain that though, you retard, it's literally the opposite of that since their increase in power is demonstrated and then internal or external exposition by characters enunciate and clarifies what happens, (pic 2 related).
>having some pink haired bitch explaining their pasts to me
LMAO Sakura barely ever talks about her past or gets long moments at all. What are you on, must be some good dope if those are your delusions.
>all without needing a word spoken
Yeah no, You cannot tell a story like Gaara's pain and suffering and not have a word spoken, Moreover in Naruto it is literally a PLOT POINT that characters that connect can understand one another and not use words, but for the audience they speak in their minds, ergo the infamous "Narutoooo" "Sasukeeee" meme.

TL;DR: screaming "Muh words" and again massively exaggerating is pathetic and demonstrates your autism.

 No.12233

>>12229
Lolis and lolicons.

 No.12234


 No.12236

File: 1641613499095.jpg (566.25 KB, 2037x3056, Naruto staff.jpg)

>>12194
>they treat the workers like garbage
<Did ya know in Japan, a capitalist country that is famous for karoshi and horrifically overstrict and toxic work culture in every single industry and job, also abuses animators!?
Yeah, no shit they treat laborers like trash, they treat most of the population like that, same in Korea and China, it's part of a deeply ingrained workaholic culture in Far-East Asia. There is an entire THREAD dedicated to this topic IN DEPTH if you bothered to check catalog >>617

Disregarding this, the statement is also an utter nonsequitur as a criticism of shonen in general and Naruto in particular, if you didn't notice. I'd also point out that this overwork impacts the creators of the manga just as it does their underlings, thus Oda is sick all the time, Yamaguchi becoming ill and dying, and Hunter x Hunter and Bleach being on indefinite hiatus until recently.
https://archive.is/WIVcm

 No.15250

>>3871
More like a mix of both - expanded more in the BNHA thread


Unique IPs: 15

[Return][Go to top] [Catalog] | [Home][Post a Reply]
Delete Post [ ]
[ home / rules / faq ] [ overboard / sfw / alt ] [ leftypol / siberia / hobby / tech / edu / games / anime / music / draw / AKM ] [ meta / roulette ] [ cytube / git ] [ GET / ref / marx / booru / zine ]