[ overboard / sfw / alt / cytube] [ leftypol / siberia / hobby / tech / edu / games / anime / music ] [ meta / roulette ] [ GET / ref / booru]

/edu/ - Education

Learn, learn, and learn!
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
Flag
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

New Announcement: IRC<=>Matrix bridge #leftypol on Rizon
Please give feedback on proposals, new every Monday : /meta/

| Catalog | Home
|

 No.14[Reply]

How did women do it back then?
15 posts and 1 image reply omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.30

Freud thought women learned to be devious because they had to hide their periods so nobody knew they could get pregnant so they got better at covering shit up.

 No.31

>>14
I would bet that the association between women and working with textiles comes partly from women weaving fibers together to form linen and the like to soak up cooter fluids. I've heard historians referring to reusable menstrual cloth much like reusable diapers, so as far back as there was cloth there was probably menstrual cloths. Before that maybe they got creative with other shit like feathers. I know in rural India where cheap sanitary napkins are being introduced, there was a typical practice of shoving fucking dirt up there, but that's also in a culture where the whole subject is very taboo.

>>20
90% of the idea that hunter-gatherers were ooga booga cave men is the lack of hard evidence of their sophistication. Prior to monumental stone architecture, most of what they made and built disappeared completely over the ages. Shit, the idea that people were primarily cave-dwellers probably mostly comes from the fact that caves shield physical evidence from the elements. The kind of people who lived in caves back then were probably the kind of people who live in caves today - social rejects and those who were too lazy/stupid to build a longhouse or whatever. They were just as smart as us, but had less of the kind of knowledge we do, and more knowledge of how to survive in a less altered (but still altered) environment.

 No.32

>>14
how the fuck do you think I know that? I'm a dude.
Let us all wait for a woman or a human waste historian to show up itt

 No.766


 No.6963

>>29
What a story that is, your life and Christianity are quite intertwined



 No.42[Reply]

Reminder that this bad boy was responsible for modern international law. Say thank you.
7 posts and 1 image reply omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.50

>>49
don't insult my boy puyi like that

 No.51

>>47
Lol having different coloured facial hair is completely natural bro. I have brown hair but my beard is red.

There is a reason they called Vikings things like "Redbeard". You think that happened if he also had red normal hair?

 No.52

>couldn't even organise his own coronation party without a massacre
>couldn't even consummate an heir
>couldn't win a war
>couldn't run an economy
>listen to boomer uncle and run counter to the grain of history resulting in the destruction of ancient royal line.

Nicholas 2 Haemophilia boogaloo is the biggest cuck in history

 No.5058

just gonna bump this for the lols this is gold

 No.6962

File: 1630600754073.png (3.55 MB, 1755x2160, ClipboardImage.png)

>>42
Uhuh, thanks lol



File: 1608527940709.png (347.86 KB, 680x730, tmp_14091.png)

 No.190[Reply]

Dark edition.
9 posts and 6 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.709

>>629
How can anyone rationally believe that when the easier answer is that you only learn European history in school?

 No.717

>>706
Bunkerchan.xyz/edu
It’d be good if we had more people.

 No.838

>>717
>>706
I sexond this one

 No.2488

File: 1608528189129-0.png (439.62 KB, 589x752, 1585360081179.png)

File: 1608528189129-2.jpg (263.53 KB, 1078x939, 1585514052845.jpg)


 No.6961

>>193
Someone explain pic 2, the graphics are too small for me to discern the joke besides the "upgrade - go back" joke



 No.53[Reply]

You've heard this argument time and time again that there has never been a successful socialist country, so I thought it would be nice to have a thread talking about successful socialist countries.

Post history, share sources, let's make a list!
20 posts and 5 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.1820

File: 1608528124558.png (686.51 KB, 2720x4172, muh libcoms.png)

>>53
>This shit anit-uthoritarian meme again

 No.1824

>>58
go away radlib, this is /edu/

 No.1826

>>64
>China
>Laying the groundwork
Barf. They clearly went off the rails to a fairly Nationalist State Capitalism.

 No.1829

>>1824
Lmao you're not fooling anyone.

 No.6958




File: 1608527921634.jpg (41.52 KB, 304x201, cast.jpg)

 No.33[Reply]

Does anyone here knows any book or more information, about the socialist revolution, that happened in the Caribbean island of Grenada. And also, what are your thoughts on Maurice Bishop
5 posts and 5 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.2522

File: 1608528194122.jpg (66.5 KB, 720x778, redpilledbishop.jpg)

In just 4 years in power:
> Illiteracy rate dropped in 49% in just 2 years
> Over six hundred poor workers received house repair materials through the National House Repair Programme
>Thirty Community Centres opened, others being built
>Numerous communities cleaned up and improved by voluntary work brigades.
>50,000 Grenadians treated by members of the Cuban Medical Workers Team in Grenada
>Social projects Units set up in the Ministry of Communications and Works to provide materials for community work around the country
>More than 2500 new jobs created
>All anti-worker laws abolished.
>Trade Union membership increased to 50% from 30% under Gairy to 80% now.
>Workers protected by Trade Union Recognition Act.
>Maternity Leave Law passed. Major benefits for women in the country.
>Equal pay for equal work established by PRG.
>All forms of discrimination against women outlawed, law passed to guarantee opportunities to the women of our country.
>Secondary School fees reduced to $12.50 per term from $50.00 before the Revolution. In September, secondary education will be free
Post too long. Click here to view the full text.

 No.2523

>>34
One more book on Grenadian history

 No.2524

File: 1608528194314-0.gif (48.52 KB, 185x307, mauricebishop4.gif)

File: 1608528194314-1.jpg (30.24 KB, 640x447, mauricebishop6.jpg)

File: 1608528194314-2.jpg (41.52 KB, 304x201, mauricebishop5.jpg)

Also here is my collection of videos, documentaries, speeches on Maurice Bishop and The People's Revolutionary Government:

> Bishop's speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7MtydR-fiI
&lt An inside on The People's Revolutionary Government
> AP Archive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYg0nLgGyn0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeEQobmmuwk
> Fidel visits Grenada
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhsRGC18m3o
> Grenada - Revo Documentary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFiYHj3nAJI (part 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6ZBTa47o_w (part 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtvGdbg3skI (part 3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-4WkI3PNoo (part 4)
Post too long. Click here to view the full text.

 No.2525

File: 1608528194488-0.jpg (98.22 KB, 360x244, mauricebishop7.jpg)

File: 1608528194488-1.jpg (82.59 KB, 360x242, mauricebishop8.jpg)

File: 1608528194488-2.jpg (75.99 KB, 299x439, mauricebishop9.jpg)

Also I forgot some more important links

> Bishop's biography

https://thegrenadarevolutiononline.com/bishopcopyrighted.html
> List of all Bishop's speeches
https://thegrenadarevolutiononline.com/bishspeechlist.html
> Bishop's writing "Why a newspaper?"
https://thegrenadarevolutiononline.com/bishnewspaper.html

 No.6957

Socialist Grenada is one of the most unknown aspects of socialism, everyone knows that the USA invaded it, but nobody seems to remember its socialist status.



File: 1608528375091.jpg (101.2 KB, 1200x1114, who shills the USSR.jpg)

 No.4210[Reply]

Since /leftypol/ is downright autistic at times I decided to make a Debunk thread where anticommunist arguments are presented with their debunks by users.
48 posts and 21 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.6805

>>6801
As far as I know from anecdotal resources (friends I know and rely on) the situation is basically
A) They don't have the resources for specialized facilities so sometimes the disabled (really disabled people) get placed in the equivalent of a retirement home. As for children it's mostly because those with genetic defects who won't have healthy children are disallowed, mostly because they can't support assisted care for this. It's a harsh but necessary pragmatism for the DPRK, not done out of some ideological dislike of the disabled.

 No.6893

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1257092-reddit
>r/socialism is all leftism
>Venezuelans are socialism
>"everyone was praising it's socialism until it failed!"
<ignores the fact that the USA was praising Venezuela as capitalist until the economy tanked and US companies were being restricted.
God KYM is retarded

 No.6914

File: 1630124416600.png (524.4 KB, 649x796, ClipboardImage.png)

Did the Taliban actually need Russia to pay them to kill Americans? And on top of that, has there been substantive evidence that this happened beside "anonymous CIA sources"? The last time we trusted these guys without anything solid to go on we ended up with a multi-decade "war on terror".

 No.6949

Anyone got a decent response to >>>/leftypol/472365 ? Not saying it's legit, given how there are little sources to be gleaned, but still a rebuttal would be nice.
Archive: https://archive.ph/jSugB

 No.6954

>>6949
Took a quick look at it, some of what he said is covered is this article:
https://leftypedia.org/wiki/Rhetoric:%22Karl_Marx_was_a_bad_person,_therefore_Marxism_is_wrong%22

I find curious how he decries Marx as being pretty much a tramp, misbehaving child, but at the same time he's an "armchair" communist lol

But i'm intrigued about the whole "capital trap" thing



File: 1608528335857.png (12 KB, 171x158, leftypedia logo.png)

 No.3780[Reply][Last 50 Posts]

Hello everyone, we have received the results of our project proposal topic, and I'm delighted to announce that we are teaming up with 'leftypedia' to deliver our planned 'argument/talking point resource' idea. In case you don't know, leftypedia is the current version of the old abandoned 'marxistpedia' which was a project started by leftypol users back in the day, so I think this is sort of like a homecoming in a way.

https://leftypedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Anyway, if you have a look at the leftypedia site you might be able to tell that they have a much more formal and 'encyclopedic' tone than what we're planning, just like wikipedia, but the admin is going to create a separate 'category' for our new content that will be called something like 'rhetoric: topic' rather than just 'topic', this will also feature on the frontpage much like the encyclopedic content. As a tenplate, I'd like you to feast your eyes on these pages which someone on leftypedia already made (albeit only on their personal userspace for now).

https://leftypedia.org/wiki/User:Anarcho-Bolshevik/compendium

I'd like to ask if anyone can come up with a slightly more catchy name for our new section than 'rhetoric', cause that sounds a bit cumbersome to me even though I came up with it, so yeah, open to suggestions.

So, since that isn't implemented yet, I'd like you all to try familiarise yourselves with the site for now, maybe take a look at the articles that are already there and improve some of them if you feel able. Unfortunately the site currently has only edit by approval so you will have to wait for any changes you make to be approved, this is because of a persistent spambot problem and I hope that we will be able to work out something to change this to normal editing as on wikipedia and the like, please just bear with it for now.

If you have an answer to a 'common question', or you have an effortpost you'd like to archive and save, then please post it in this topic for now so that we can work on it together until we can figure out how to categorise our new section of the site.

Thanks for your attention!
Post too long. Click here to view the full text.
326 posts and 48 image replies omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.6812

Does anyone want a Canada article?

 No.6814

>>6812
Yes, please do make one

 No.6817

>>6814
sure ill work on it. hopefully my newspaper hoarding hobby will help out

 No.6818

>>6817
Great! The more people participating in the wiki is good.

 No.6950

Can anyone start the Permaculture page?
https://leftypedia.org/wiki/Permaculture
Feel free to use the Permaculture thread https://bunkerchan.live/hobby/res/12707.html (this is more complete than the one on the current site, as errors deleted like some big old posts and files



 No.6816[Reply]

So I got drawn in this Stanford course, a lecture without homework, a conferrable thing. But it made me thing about a lot of stuff.
The teacher is great and even though he doesn't understand the first thing about marxism he's a very scientific dude constantly referring his marxist colleges who tried hard, he gets the materialist thinker part at least.
You can watch the course there, it's fascinating really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNnIGh9g6fA&list=PL848F2368C90DDC3D&index=1
2 posts and 1 image reply omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.6884

>>6816
>Evopsych
Pseudoscience.

 No.6936

Any professor who puts course lectures online for free automatically gets the based card even if they are bluepilled politically.

 No.6945

>>6884
This.

 No.6946

First lecture says women who live together have their periods synchronize to the schedule of the most extroverted woman. I've seen anons here say period synchronization doesn't actually happen.

 No.6947

>>6946
Yeah, that was shown to be a myth. Also have had experience living with other women and it doesn't happen. Sapolsky is a quack for many reasons anyways.



File: 1608528044560.jpg (69.34 KB, 1280x720, maxresfefsdefault.jpg)

 No.1055[Reply]

Anyone have a PDF of Charles Fourier's "The Hierarchies of Cuckoldry and Bankruptcy"? I need it because reasons.
5 posts omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.6930

Some anon scanned it.

 No.6931


 No.6938


 No.6940

Bright minds, dark attitudes: The association of cognitive ability with right-wing ideological attitudes and prejudice:
A meta-analytic review

Evidence of right wing attitudes and political beliefs associated with a low cognitive ability and a hypothesis of low cognitive ability encouraging right wing beliefs and negative response to inter-group contact as a means of conserving limited mental resources.

 No.6942

>>6930
ebin



File: 1624130771203.jpeg (77.51 KB, 960x634, weg mit gott.jpeg)

 No.6106[Reply]

Attention! • Achtung!
Asshole! • Arschloch!
I won and you lost, haha! / I got this and you don’t, haha! • Ätsch!
Owee! • Aua!
Stand up! / Wake up! • Aufstehen!
Tidy up! • Aufräumen!
Open the door/window/whatever! • Aufmachen!
Close the door/window/whatever! • Zumachen!
Encore! • Zugabe! (shouted ZU-GA-BE to keep in synch with the others shouting it)
Colloquial greeting that sounds like a question. • Na?
Don’t act cocky like that! • Nanana! It basically only exists in spoken form. Some writing attempts use spaces, but that’s like writing Zu ga be.
I’m rating this game/movie/situation/whatever two stars out of five. ★★☆☆☆ • Naja. It’s also a filler word similar to “well“.
Boaster! • Angeber!
Give it! • Gib! (order addressing a single person)
Sit down! • Hinsetzen!
Post too long. Click here to view the full text.
6 posts omitted. Click reply to view.

 No.6600

>>6598
Depending on context, could be either.

 No.6602

>>6598
Note that list is mostly about the meaning in self-contained pseudo-sentences. Great is mentioned first because that is the most likely interpretation if you just shout that one word and the horny thing is mentioned because this is the meaning it sometimes also has and it would be wrong to not tell that the learner.
>Ich bin geil.
99 % horny interpretation.
>Der/Die/Er/Sie ist geil.
This one really can go both ways. It can be mean that person is really cool and makes you enthusiastic…
>Ich bin geil auf…
This means I am really enthusiastic or horny about something and whatever follows should greatly reduce the ambiguity. Also, if you are horny, you usually don’t announce that to the world, so when somebody says the word with many people hearing it, it is unlikely to be meant in the horny sense.

Conceptually related: There is the word die Lust, which (as you probably have guessed) can refer to sexual appetite, but also just that you just really want to do something. Of course, this also exist in English, like with the formulation lust for life, a difference is that Lust has a far higher frequency in German use. So with this mental bridge, I guess geil is not that mysterious after all.

 No.6603

>>6602 (me)
Forgot to explain why the first-person version of the sentence leans so strongly into horny territory compared to the third-person version. People sound really phony (or ironic) when they say about themselves that they are very cool, so that interpretation option gets basically deleted.

 No.6608

>>6602
>>6603
Ja, ich sieth jetzt.

Danke für deine erläuterung. Deutsch bist ein viele fascinating language.

 No.6941

The number of different verb forms in German can be pretty overwhelming. When I learned English I had to memorize a list of exceptions about how some verbs are modified (like go/went/gone). Such a list for English fits on a single page. You can't say that for German. Here it's really a book. But you can make sentences without needing to know most of that information! Here is how.

In English, you don't say: *He wants to goes. *She wanted to went. You say: He wants to go. She wanted to go. It is only the first verb in the want+verb construction that gets modified in English. And it's like that in German and French and many other languages as well. So if you merely drill the verb forms for…
werden (will do / become)
müssen (must)
wollen (want)
scheinen (seems to, can also mean something like light is shining but that's not the point here)
…you can use a verb in such a construction without needing to know how you normally modify that verb. When you do something, you either want to do it or you have to do it, so you can use this hack basically all the time.



Delete Post [ ]
[ overboard / sfw / alt / cytube] [ leftypol / siberia / hobby / tech / edu / games / anime / music ] [ meta / roulette ] [ GET / ref / booru]
[ 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 20 / 21 / 22 / 23 / 24 / 25 / 26 / 27 / 28 / 29 / 30 / 31 / 32 / 33 / 34 / 35 / 36 ]
| Catalog | Home