The word imperialism echoes around the world. All openly hostile capitalist states accuse eachother of imperialist policy. All organizations stand against imperialism, in theory. There is rarely anyone who disagrees with the idea, that imperialism is… bad.
But ignoring for a moment that capitalist antiimperialism is a paradox, there are two noticable tendencies among socialists I've met when it comes to imperialism.
i) Imperialism is the policy and domination by the United States in conjuction with other west European states, Japan, SK etc. of the developing world.
ii) Imperialism is a state of war between capitalist states.
While point (ii) can be argued is part
of imperialism, and is not a difficult idea to dispell, point (i) will fucking ruin us. It's blatant Kautskyism - it's the theory of superimperialism just in a different form. The idea of capitalist states working together is nonsense - the capitalist economy cannot overcome the national economy. It's this contradictory process wherein every bourgeois wants to at the same time save his local national market from other capitalist powers and he wants to exploit other markets. Moments of peace don't come from willing cooperation, but because the once strong English or French or German bourgeoisie steps in an opportunistic alliance with the American state to secure its position as the compradors to the Great Shaytan. There is no cooperation here, just subjugation. This position is also in the background of the argument that neither Russia nor China are imperialist powers, because they don't do imperialism like the US does. Here's Lenin on what imperialism is:
(1) the concentration of production and capital has developed to such a high stage that it has created monopolies which play a decisive role in economic life;
(2) the merging of bank capital with industrial capital, and the creation, on the basis of this “finance capital,” of a financial oligarchy;
(3) the export of capital as distinguished from the export of commodities acquires exceptional importance;
(4) the formation of international monopolist capitalist associations which share the world among themselves and
(5) the territorial division of the whole world among the biggest capitalist powers is completed.
How is this a US only phenomen? Only Allah would know. How do we battle against this Kautskyite revisionism? Post too long. Click here to view the full text.